Northern Inland Credit Union (NICU) is a member-owned financial institution based in Tamworth. It has been operating in the northern inland region of NSW for over 50 years and has other branches in Gunnedah and Narrabri. NICU offers one Visa credit card with simple, low-cost features and mobile payment options.
Compare Northern Inland Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Northern Inland Credit Union
Low rate credit card
The Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic has 14% p.a. interest rate for purchases and cash advances, which is low compared to the average credit card interest rate in Australia of around 20%. It also offers a honeymoon rate for new customers and an ongoing discounted rate for eligible NICU home loan customers. Its $40 is also competitive with other low rate cards.
Benefits of an NICU credit card
Discounted interest rate offer
If you have a home loan with Northern Inland Credit Union, you can get a discounted Home Loan Rewards Rate on an NICU credit card. There's also an introductory 8.99% p.a. interest rate for all new customers for the first 6 months. After that, any outstanding balance attracts the card’s standard variable rate.
You can use an NICU credit card anywhere Visa is accepted, with Visa Secure protection against unauthorised transactions when you're shopping online. You'll also get access to exclusive offers on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
Apple Pay and Google Pay
You can manage your account through the NICU mobile app or internet banking, including getting digital statements, making payments or putting a temporary lock on your account. You can also use the phone banking service by calling 1300 65 64 28.
How to apply for a Northern Inland Credit Union credit card
You can apply for a Northern Inland Credit Union credit card online by filling in a short contact form. Alternatively, you can call NICU on 02 6763 5111 or download an application form and visit the Tamworth, Gunnedah or Narrabri branch.
To get started, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and have organised all the details and documents you'll need to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen living in Australia at the time of your application.
- Credit history. You must not be a declared bankrupt or have had legal action taken against you for the recovery of debt.
Details and documents
- Personal details. You'll need to provide your full name name, home address, phone number, date of birth, marital status, number of dependants and the name and contact number of a relative. You may also be asked for a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or Australian passport.
- Employment details. This section requires you to enter your occupation, employment status, salary, employer’s name, employer’s address, employer’s phone number and how long you've been employed.
- Assets and liabilities. Assets include residential property, investment property, home contents, motor vehicles, superannuation, savings and investments. Liabilities comprise of mortgages on your home or investment properties, personal loans, car loans, credit cards, store cards, and leases.
What happens after submitting the application?
A representative from Northern Inland Credit Union will contact you if further details are required, and for the next steps.
If you’re not an existing NICU member, you’ll also have to become one in order to receive your card. New members have to go through an identity verification process, which could mean you need to take supporting documents to a branch.
Credit card brands similar to Northern Inland Credit Union
If you want a credit card from a member-owned bank or credit union, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with NICU:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Northern Inland Credit Union phone number: 02 6763 5111
9am-5pm Mon, Weds, Thurs, Fri and 9:30am-5pm Tues
- Northern Inland Credit Union home loans
- Credit union credit cards
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card
Save with a low purchase interest rate and a competitive annual fee when you use the Northern Inland Credit Union Visa Classic card.
Ask an Expert