We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
BOQ Specialist offers credit cards for medical professionals including doctors, vets, dentists and students in related fields. These cards offer premium perks, 24/7 security and mobile payments through Apple Pay and Google Pay. Here, you'll find key details about BOQ Specialist credit cards, as well as benefits you can get when you open an account.
Compare BOQ Specialist credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of BOQ Specialist credit cards
Platinum credit cards
The BOQ Specialist Platinum Visa credit card offers 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia and 1 Qantas Point per $1 on eligible international spending. It also offers complimentary insurance and a concierge service. As other platinum cards offer different perks, make sure you compare a range of cards to help you find one that fits your needs.
Signature credit cards
The BOQ Specialist Signature Visa is a top-tier credit card that offers complimentary travel insurance, a concierge service, Visa Luxury Hotel Collection benefits and airport lounge access through Priority Pass. It also offers 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia, up to 10,000 points per month, then 1 Qantas Points per $1 spent for the remainder of the month. For overseas spending, it earns 1.5 Qantas Point per $1, with no cap.
Benefits of getting a BOQ Specialist credit card
Some of the benefits you can get with a BOQ Specialist credit card include:
Qantas Frequent Flyer benefits
These cards earn Qantas Points on your eligible spending, with 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia. Plus, if you're not a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you can also join through BOQ Specialist and save on the $99.50 joining fee.
Complimentary insurance covers
Both the platinum and premium BOQ Specialist cards offer cardholders a variety of complimentary insurance covers, including overseas travel insurance, domestic flight inconvenience insurance, global hire car excess waiver, golfer's insurance and purchase protection insurance. As there are different requirements for each card and type of cover, make sure you read the BOQ Specialist credit card insurance booklet (available on the BOQ Specialist website) to find out what's covered and how you can make a claim.
If you choose the BOQ Specialist Signature card, you'll get a complimentary standard Priority Pass membership, including up to 4 lounge visits free of charge. You'll also get access to the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection, which provides Signature cardholders access to room upgrades, late check-outs and guaranteed rates. With either card, you can take advantage of discounted rates for the Airport Fast Track immigration service when you're travelling overseas.
The Visa concierge service can help you with tasks such as booking travel, making restaurant reservations, planning holiday activities, organising big events or buying gifts for loved ones.
How to apply for a BOQ Specialist credit card
You can apply for a BOQ Specialist credit card online by filling in a secure application form. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Profession. You must be a medical, dental or veterinary professional, or a student or graduate in one of these fields. You can also apply if you are a qualified accountant.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Income. For the BOQ Specialist Platinum, you must earn at least $60,000 annually, although students are exempt from this requirement. For the BOQ Specialist Signature, you must earn at least $120,000 per year.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, membership details of a medical or dental association, residential address, email address ad phone number. You also need to provide your driver’s licence number, Medicare card number or passport number to verify your ID.
- Employment details. Provide your student or employment status, your profession, and your employer’s name and contact details. If self-employed, provide the name and contact details of your accountant.
- Financial details. This section requires your gross annual income and expenses, and you also have to provide details about all your assets and liabilities. Assets include property, motor vehicles, investments, and savings, and liabilities comprise all existing forms of debts like credit cards, loans and overdrafts.
If you have any questions about the application process, call BOQ Specialist on 1300 160 160 or fill in an enquiry form on the BOQ Specialist website.
Frequently asked questions
Below, you'll find answers to some common questions about BOQ Specialist credit cards. If you have a question you'd like answered, you can also get in touch with the team at Finder by filling in the form below.
Image: BOQ SpecialistBack to top
More guides on Finder
BOQ Specialist Platinum card with Velocity Points
Get Velocity Points on your spending and complimentary insurance with this card that’s designed for medical, dental, veterinary and accounting professionals.
BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card with Qantas Points or Velocity Points
The BOQ Specialist Signature offers Qantas Points and premium perks for professionals working in the medical, dental, veterinary and accounting industries.
BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card – Velocity Points
Take advantage of complimentary insurances, lounge passes and earn Velocity Points as you spend with the BOQ Specialist credit card.
BOQ Specialist Platinum Credit Card
The BOQ Specialist Platinum gives you a way to earn Qantas Points for your spending, along with complimentary perks including overseas travel insurance.
Ask an Expert