We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Bank First offers a Visa Classic and Visa Platinum credit card, both with low variable interest rates, contactless payment options and security features to help keep your account safe. If you're a member of Bank First or are thinking of joining, you can use this guide to learn more about these two credit cards, including rates, fees and other account features.
Comparison of Bank First credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Bank First credit cards
Low rate credit cards
Both Bank First credit cards offer variable interest rates that are competitive with other low rate credit cards. With the Visa Classic, you get a 12.54% p.a. variable rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers – plus no annual fee. With the Visa Platinum, you get a 9.59% p.a. variable rate and pay an annual fee of $99 These cards also offer interest-free days on purchases, but only if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Platinum credit cards
The Bank First Visa Platinum combines a low rate with platinum perks, including complimentary travel insurance and a platinum concierge service you can use to save time on tasks such as making restaurant reservations, booking events, planning trips or getting gifts for loved ones. But, considering some other platinum credit cards offer other premium perks, make sure you weigh these features against the cost of the annual fee to help decide if it's worth it.
The benefits of banking with Bank First
Below, we've listed some of the key features you'll get when you have a credit card from Bank First.
Bank First is owned by its customers, which means any profits made are put towards projects and initiatives that benefit customers, rather than shareholders. This structure can lead to more competitive accounts, as well as ethical and community initiatives, which customers can also have a say in.
You can use the Bank First Visa Classic and Visa Platinum credit cards to pay in person, online or over the phone with any business that takes Visa cards. When you shop online, you'll also get Visa Secure protection to help verify your purchases at participating merchants. Plus, you can access exclusive deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
You can check your balance and manage your account through Bank First's Internet banking or mobile app. You can also visit a branch or call 1300 654 822.
How to apply for a Bank First credit card
You can apply for a credit card from Bank First online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must reside in Australia.
- Credit history. You must not have a history of defaults, bankruptcy, judgements or legal actions for the recovery of debt.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, phone number, residential address and email address. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to share details of your occupation, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or tax assessment notices to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, as well as savings, investments and other assets. You also need to provide details of existing cards, loans, debts and other liabilities, as well as your share of regular household expenses such as rent or mortgage payments and bills.
If you have any questions about the application or want to follow up once you've submitted it, you can contact Bank First by calling 1300 654 822, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting a branch.
Frequently asked questions
We’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions about Bank First credit cards below. You can also ask us a question using the form at the bottom of the page.
Image: Bank FirstBack to top
More guides on Finder
Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card
The Bank First Visa Platinum credit card boasts premium features and 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months.
Bank First Visa Classic Credit Card
The Bank First Visa Classic credit card charges no annual fee and 0% interest on balance transfers and purchases for the first 6 months.
Ask an Expert