Bank First is a customer-owned financial institution that's based in Victoria but open to anyone over the age of 18. It offers a Visa Classic and Visa Platinum credit card, both with low variable interest rates, contactless payment options and security features to help keep your account safe.
Comparison of Bank First credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Bank First
Low rate credit cards
Both Bank First credit cards offer variable interest rates that are competitive with other low rate credit cards. With the Visa Classic, you get a 12.54% p.a. variable rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers – plus no annual fee. With the Visa Platinum, you get a 9.59% p.a. variable rate and pay an annual fee of $99. These cards also offer interest-free days on purchases, but only if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Platinum credit cards
The Bank First Visa Platinum combines a low rate with platinum perks, including complimentary travel insurance and a platinum concierge service you can use to save time on tasks such as making restaurant reservations, booking events, planning trips or getting gifts for loved ones. But, considering some other platinum credit cards offer other premium perks, make sure you weigh these features against the cost of the annual fee to help decide if it's worth it.
The benefits of a credit card with Bank First
Bank First is owned by its customers, which means any profits made are put towards projects and initiatives that benefit customers, rather than shareholders. This structure can lead to more competitive accounts, as well as ethical and community initiatives, which customers can also have a say in.
You can use the Bank First Visa Classic and Visa Platinum credit cards to pay in person, online or over the phone with any business that takes Visa cards. When you shop online, you'll also get Visa Secure protection to help verify your purchases at participating merchants. Plus, you can access exclusive deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
You can check your balance and manage your account through Bank First's internet banking or mobile app. You can also visit a branch or call 1300 654 822.
How to apply
You can apply for a credit card from Bank First by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must reside in Australia.
- Credit history. You must not have a history of defaults, bankruptcy, judgements or legal actions for the recovery of debt.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, phone number, residential address and email address. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to share details of your occupation, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or tax assessment notices to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, as well as savings, investments and other assets. You also need to provide details of existing cards, loans, debts and other liabilities, as well as your share of regular household expenses such as rent or mortgage payments and bills.
If you have any questions about the application or want to follow up once you've submitted it, you can contact Bank First by calling 1300 654 822, emailing email@example.com or visiting a branch.
Credit card brands similar to Bank First
If you want a credit card from a customer-owned bank or one based in Victoria, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with Bank First:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Bank First phone number: 1300 654 822
- Overseas contact number: +61 3 9834 8560
- Bank First home loans
- Bank First savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
Image: Bank FirstBack to top
More guides on Finder
Bank First Visa Platinum Credit Card
The Bank First Visa Platinum credit card boasts premium features and a low interest on purchases and balance transfers.
Bank First Visa Classic Credit Card
A low interest rate and $0 annual fee are key features on the Bank First Visa Classic Credit Card. Here's what else it offers.
Ask an Expert