If you're a member of Credit Union SA, or want to become one, you have a choice of three different credit cards: a Visa Credit Card, a Workplace Benefits Card and an Education Community Credit Card.
The Visa card features a low rate and the annual fee is also waived if you link it to a Home Loan Package. The Education card and Workplace Benefits card also feature low rates and fees but are only available to those working in certain sectors.
Comparison of Credit Union SA Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Credit Union SA credit cards
Low rate cards
All 3 Credit Union SA credit cards come with low interest rates. The Credit Union SA Visa card has a 11.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases and cash advances.
The Workplace Benefits Credit Card and Education Community Card both offer a 0% p.a. rate which applies to purchases, balance transfers and cash advances for the first 6 months. This then reverts to a low 11.49% for the Workplace Benefits card and the Education Community Card.
Balance transfer credit cards
The Credit Union SA Visa card has a 0% rate on balance transfers for 6 months that you can take up at any time.
Both the Workplace Benefits card and the Education Community Credit Card also have a 0% p.a. rate on balance transfers for 6 months. This then reverts to 11.49% p.a. on the Education Community Card and the Workplace Benefits Card.
No annual fee cards
The Visa Credit Card comes with an annual fee of $59 but this is waived when you link your card to a Home Loan Package. Both the Workplace Benefits card and Education Community card come with no annual fee.
The benefits you can get with a Credit Union SA credit card
If you choose a credit card from Credit Union SA, some of the key features you can get include:
Education community banking benefits
If you work in South Australia's education sector or are studying to work in education, you can access a range of specialised accounts and offers through Credit Union SA. This includes the Education Community credit card. Credit Union SA also puts profits towards education associations, awards and charitable organisations including SALA (South Australian Living Artists Festival) for Schools and the SA Public Education Awards.
Workplace banking benefit
Credit Union SA also partners with local community associations to provide special product offers through its Workplace Banking programs. One of these is the Workplace Benefits card which comes with no annual fee.
Make payments online, in person or over the phone with businesses around the world, wherever you see the Visa logo. You'll also get an added layer of protection when you shop online with Visa Secure's authentication process, plus exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
This card comes with Visa's Zero Liability policy for fraudulent transactions, which means you won't have to cover the cost of unauthorised transactions. It also offers 24/7 card monitoring and the option to temporarily lock your card if you can't find it.
Internet and mobile banking
You can check your balance and manage account details at any time through the Credit Union SA Internet banking service or mobile banking app.
How to apply for a Credit Union SA credit card
You can apply for a Credit Union SA credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the credit union's website. You can also apply by visiting the branch in Adelaide (400 King William St) or by calling Credit Union SA on (08) 8202 7777 (metro) or 1800 018 227 (country SA).
To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen
- Income. You must have a regular source of income.
- Education Community Card. You must be a current or retired employee within the South Australian education community or a student in education, and their immediate family (parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and partners only).
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, phone number and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare details.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you'll need to provide details of your current role, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips, bank statements or other documents that help verify this information.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, savings, investments or other assets, as well as existing debts, cards or loans. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses such as mortgage payments, rent, bills and groceries.
Credit card brands that are similar to Credit Union SA
If you're looking for credit cards from other credit unions and customer-owned banks available in South Australia, you can consider the following options:
Contact details and related links
- Credit Union SA customer service:
- (08) 8202 7777 (metro)
- 1800 018 227 (country SA)
- +61 88202 7777 (overseas)
- Member Experience Centre: 400 King William Street, Adelaide
- Credit Union SA bank accounts
- Credit Union SA home loans
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card
The Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card offers 0% on balance transfers for 6 months, a competitive annual fee and a low interest rate for purchases.
Ask an Expert