People's Choice Credit Union is an Australian member-owned financial institution established in 1949. It offers a single Visa credit card with a low rate, worldwide acceptance and mobile payment options.
Compare People's Choice Credit Union Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from People's Choice Credit Union
Low rate credit card
The People's Choice Credit Union Visa offers an introductory rate of 2.99% p.a. on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months. After that, a variable interest rate of either 15.75% p.a. or 12.95% p.a. applies and is based on your application details. This is different to most credit cards, which typically offer one standard variable rate. But as both interest rates are lower than the average credit card interest rate of around 20%, you can compare this card to low rate credit cards.
Benefits of a People's Choice Credit Union credit card
People's Choice Credit Union credit cards can be used to shop in-store, online or over the phone with millions of businesses around the world – just look for the Visa logo. When you're shopping in a store, you can tap to pay and won't need to enter a PIN of the purchase is less than $100. You can also take advantage of exclusive deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks, with the latest deals listed on the Visa Australia website.
People's Choice Credit Union credit cards offer 24/7 support for lost or stolen cards – just call the credit union on 13 11 82 during office hours or Visa on 1800 648 027 at any other time. Online, you also get the added benefit of Visa Secure to help protect your account from unauthorised transactions.
How to apply
You can apply for a People's Choice Credit Union credit card online by filling in a secure application form. You can also apply over the phone by calling 13 11 82 or by visiting a branch. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Australian residency status. You must be a permanent Australian resident or an Australian citizen.
- Employment. You must currently have paid employment.
- Credit history. You must agree to a credit check and should not have been bankrupt or had any legal judgments in the last five years. You can get a free copy of your credit report and score to check these details.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your name, contact details, marital status, number of dependants and your date of birth. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, Medicare care or passport.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to provide details such as your job title, length of employment and your employer’s contact details. You may also need to submit recent payslips or bank statements to help verify this information.
- Financial details. This covers income any other sources, as well as savings, investments, other assets and your existing debts. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and grocery shopping.
If you have any questions about the application or if you want to check its status after you've submitted all your details, call People's Choice Credit Union on 13 11 82 or visit a branch.
Credit card brands similar to People's Choice
If you want a credit card from a credit union or member-owned bank, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with People's Choice:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- People's Choice phone number: 13 11 82
Mon-Fri 8am-8pm (ACST), Sat 8.30am-4.30pm
- People's Choice home loans
- People's Choice savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card
The People's Choice Credit Union Visa card charges a low 2.99% p.a. interest rate for the first 6 months and offers up to 62 interest-free days on purchases. Check out its other features to decide if its right for you.
Ask an Expert