South West Slopes Credit Union Credit Cards
The Visa Credit Card that South West Slopes Credit Union provides charges the same low rate for purchases and cash advances, and you can use this card globally.
This credit union has around 15,000 members, capital in excess of $11.5 million, and around $100 million under management. It offers its members an array of financial services and products, which include savings and investment accounts, different types of loans, credit cards, insurance solutions, and financial planning advice.
South West Slopes Credit Union Credit Cards
Types of credit cards that South West Slopes Credit Union offers
South West Slopes Credit Union offers a basic no-frills Visa credit card that you can use to good effect if you’re not looking for much in the form of features.
Low rate credit cards
The main attraction of low rate credit cards is the typically low interest rate they charge, possible mainly because of the absence of extras like complimentary insurance covers and rewards. This is no different when it comes to the Visa Credit Card that South West Slopes Credit Union provides, and when you use this card in the right manner you can get up to 55 interest free days on purchases. This card does not attract any application fee or account keeping fee and you have to pay a nominal annual fee. Unlike many other low rate cards that charge a higher interest rate for cash advances, this card charges the same low rate for purchases and cash advances.
Benefits of getting a South West Slopes Credit Union credit card
South West Slopes Credit Union members, as with members of other reputable credit unions, can look forward to high levels of service as well as low interest rate and fees. Getting a Visa credit card through this credit union offers several advantages.
Worldwide access to funds
Millions of businesses in more than 200 countries accept payments via Visa cards, so you can use this credit card when travelling to just about any country. In addition to using this card in brick-and-mortar establishments, you can use it to make online and over the phone purchases. You can also use it for cash advances at any ATM that displays the Visa logo.
Access savings account
If you have a savings account with South West Slopes Credit Union you can use this credit card to access funds in your savings account, thereby removing the need for carrying an extra card.
Easy access to account information
All cardholders get free round-the-clock access to South West Slopes Credit Union’s internet banking and phone banking platforms. You can use these to review transaction history, check outstanding balance, transfer funds, and access BPAY.
Apart from giving you global access to funds, the Visa connection comes with other benefits as well. You can, for example, use your Visa payWave enabled card to make contactless purchases when the total doesn’t exceed $100. When you use this card to shop online, Verified by Visa works as a secondary line of defence.Back to top
How to apply for a South West Slopes Credit Union credit card
You can visit a South West Slopes Credit Union branch to apply for its Visa credit card, you can get started over the phone, you can download an application and mail it, or you can complete an online application. Click on the ‘Go to Site’ button next to the card’s detail if you want to submit your application online. You have to meet certain eligibility criteria to apply, which are as follows.
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are a permanent Australian resident
- You don’t have poor credit history
You have to provide a host of personal, work related, and financial information to complete the application, which include the following
- Personal details - These include your complete name, residential address, phone number, date of birth, email address, residential status, residential address, driver’s license number, marital status, and number of dependents.
- Employment details - These include your occupation, your employer’s name and contact details, and period of employment at current employer.
- Assets - Provide details of real estate, motor vehicles, bank accounts, superannuation, home contents, and life insurance.
- Liabilities - This section requires information about rent or mortgage payments as well as details of all your loans, credit cards, overdrafts, and other liabilities.
After submitting the application
After you submit your application a South West Slopes Credit Union might get in touch with you to get additional information. An income verification call to your employer’s payroll department is the norm, and you can help in quickening the process by intimating your payroll department of this call ahead of time.
If you don’t have South West Slopes Credit Union membership, you’ll have to apply before getting your credit card. New members, as required by the law, have to undergo an identity verification process, and this might require you to visit a South West Slopes Credit Union branch.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
Certain questions about South West Slopes Credit Union credit cards keep appearing time and again and here are answers to the same. If you have a question about this Visa credit card that you can’t find an answer to, use the form at the end of this page to ask.
Image: SWSCUBack to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.