Horizon Bank Credit Cards
Find out about the low-cost credit card options you can get through Horizon Bank.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Horizon Bank has one Visa credit card option, which offers a low rate, no annual fee and mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Here, we'll go through the key details of this card, as well as features available to members of Horizon Bank.
Horizon Bank Credit Card
Types of Horizon Bank credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Horizon Bank Visa credit card has a low interest rate of 12.95% and an introductory rate for new cardholders. It also has no annual fee for life, which is very competitive for a low rate card.
Benefits of banking with Horizon Bank
Some of the key benefits you can get when you choose a Horizon Bank credit card are listed below.
You can use a Horizon Bank credit card to shop in person, online or over the phone, anywhere Visa is accepted. Plus, if you're shopping in person, you can just tap to pay and won't need to enter a PIN if the purchase is under $100. You can also get access to deals for shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
A Horizon Bank credit card comes with Visa zero liability for fraudulent transactions to help keep your money safe. If your card is lost, stolen or you think it might have been compromised, you should report it to Horizon Bank by calling 1300 366 565 during office hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm) or call the 24/7 Visa hotline on 1800 648 027.
How to apply for a Horizon Bank credit card
You can apply for a Horizon Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must be employed or receive a regular income.
- Credit history. You can apply for this card as long as you have not declared bankruptcy or insolvency – or had any defaults on loans, cards and other financial products – in the past five years.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact details and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. As well as your regular income, this includes your profession, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, assets and savings, as well as existing loans, credit cards and other debts. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and grocery spending.
If you have any questions about the application, you can call Horizon Bank on 1300 366 565 or visit a branch.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 3: How to get the most out of a credit card
How to cut debt and make your credit card work for you.
Rejected out of hand: 1.5 million Aussies knocked back for a credit card
The fear of getting rejected for a credit card is real, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Bank Australia Commercial Visa credit card
Designed to help you track business spending, this Bank Australia credit card offers cards for employees and interest-free days on purchases.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 2: Check and improve your credit score
Understand your credit score with the Finder Financial Fitness Challenge.
Credit card woes: Where do Aussies turn if they can’t pay off their plastic?
Only half of Australians who find themselves buried under out-of-control credit card debt could dig themselves out, according to Finder.
You can now use eftpos cards with Samsung Pay
The new partnership offers a number of benefits, including instant payments.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 1: Tracking your spending
Start our FREE 4-week plan to supercharge your finances.
Defence Bank Foundation Credit Card
This card gives you a way to support a program that matches rescue dogs with veterans in need and enjoy a low interest rate on all your spending.
Best graphics cards in Australia
Whether you’re putting together a 4K beast, a VR-ready machine or just want to try out PC gaming cheaply, these are the best graphics cards you can buy.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.