We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Horizon Bank has one Visa credit card option, which offers a low rate, no annual fee and mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Here, we'll go through the key details of this card, as well as features available to members of Horizon Bank.
Horizon Bank Credit Card
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Horizon Bank credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Horizon Bank Visa credit card has a low interest rate of 12.95% and an introductory rate for new cardholders. It also has no annual fee for life, which is very competitive for a low rate card.
Benefits of banking with Horizon Bank
Some of the key benefits you can get when you choose a Horizon Bank credit card are listed below.
You can use a Horizon Bank credit card to shop in person, online or over the phone, anywhere Visa is accepted. Plus, if you're shopping in person, you can just tap to pay and won't need to enter a PIN if the purchase is under $100. You can also get access to deals for shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
A Horizon Bank credit card comes with Visa zero liability for fraudulent transactions to help keep your money safe. If your card is lost, stolen or you think it might have been compromised, you should report it to Horizon Bank by calling 1300 366 565 during office hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm) or call the 24/7 Visa hotline on 1800 648 027.
How to apply for a Horizon Bank credit card
You can apply for a Horizon Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must be employed or receive a regular income.
- Credit history. You can apply for this card as long as you have not declared bankruptcy or insolvency – or had any defaults on loans, cards and other financial products – in the past five years.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact details and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. As well as your regular income, this includes your profession, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, assets and savings, as well as existing loans, credit cards and other debts. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and grocery spending.
If you have any questions about the application, you can call Horizon Bank on 1300 366 565 or visit a branch.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
Citi Clear Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
This Citi Clear Credit Card offer includes 0% on balance transfers for 28 months and a reduced first-year annual fee. Compare and apply here.
Finder Awards 2021: Best credit cards revealed
Australia's best unveiled across 6 categories. Switch to a better card today!
BankSA Vertigo – Cashback Offer
The BankSA Vertigo card offers $300 cashback, a waived first-year annual fee and a low ongoing purchase interest rate.
St.George Vertigo Card – Cashback Offer
This card offers a low ongoing purchase interest rate, a $0 first-year annual fee and a $300 cashback offer.
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card – Cashback Offer
Compare the features of the Bank of Melbourne Vertigo credit card, including a $0 first-year annual fee and a $300 cashback.
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
Review: Living Room of Satoshi
Learn how to use crypto for everyday transactions like payments and income.
July’s best balance transfer credit card offers
Australians are paying interest on over $20 billion of credit card debt, but you can save with one of these 0% balance transfer offers for up to 36 months.
Ask an Expert