Horizon Bank Credit Cards
Find out about the low-cost credit card options you can get through Horizon Bank.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Horizon Bank has one Visa credit card option, which offers a low rate, no annual fee and mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Here, we'll go through the key details of this card, as well as features available to members of Horizon Bank.
Horizon Bank Credit Card
Types of Horizon Bank credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Horizon Bank Visa credit card has a low interest rate of 12.95% and an introductory rate for new cardholders. It also has no annual fee for life, which is very competitive for a low rate card.
Benefits of banking with Horizon Bank
Some of the key benefits you can get when you choose a Horizon Bank credit card are listed below.
You can use a Horizon Bank credit card to shop in person, online or over the phone, anywhere Visa is accepted. Plus, if you're shopping in person, you can just tap to pay and won't need to enter a PIN if the purchase is under $100. You can also get access to deals for shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
A Horizon Bank credit card comes with Visa zero liability for fraudulent transactions to help keep your money safe. If your card is lost, stolen or you think it might have been compromised, you should report it to Horizon Bank by calling 1300 366 565 during office hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm) or call the 24/7 Visa hotline on 1800 648 027.
How to apply for a Horizon Bank credit card
You can apply for a Horizon Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must be employed or receive a regular income.
- Credit history. You can apply for this card as long as you have not declared bankruptcy or insolvency – or had any defaults on loans, cards and other financial products – in the past five years.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact details and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. As well as your regular income, this includes your profession, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, assets and savings, as well as existing loans, credit cards and other debts. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and grocery spending.
If you have any questions about the application, you can call Horizon Bank on 1300 366 565 or visit a branch.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder’s RBA Cash Rate Survey: 60% of experts blame BNPL for drop in credit cards
Credit cards are being used less and experts say Buy Now Pay Later services such as Afterpay and Zip are to blame, according to new research from Finder. In this month's Finder RBA Cash Rate Survey™, 39 experts and economists weighed in on future cash rate moves and other issues related to the state of the Australian economy.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
The American Express Business Card
The American Express Business Card offers reliable service, a wide range of benefits, additional features, and competitive fees.
American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card offers 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and platinum perks including complimentary insurances.
Kogan Money Black Card – Exclusive Offer
Pay 0% interest on balance transfers and get a $50 Kogan.com Credit with a new Kogan Money Black Card.
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Credit Card – Existing Customer Offer
Earn Altitude rewards with Westpac’s Altitude Platinum credit card, while enjoying the benefits and privileges of platinum status.
MoneyMe Freestyle Virtual Mastercard
Apply online, get approved for a credit limit of up to $20,000 and start using your card straight away on your mobile devices.
Ask an Expert