Horizon Bank (previously known as Horizon Credit Union) is a customer-owned financial institution based on the south coast of NSW. It has one Visa credit card, which offers a low rate, no annual fee and mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Horizon Bank Credit Card
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Horizon Bank
Low rate credit cards
The Horizon Bank Visa Credit Card has a low interest rate of 12.95% and an introductory rate for new cardholders. It also has no annual fee for life, which is very competitive with other low rate cards.
Benefits of getting a credit card with Horizon Bank
Horizon Bank credit cards can be used in over 200 countries around the world, anywhere Visa is accepted. If you're shopping in person, you can just tap to pay and won't need to enter a PIN if the purchase is under $100. You can also get access to deals for shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
Visa Zero Liability helps protect Horizon credit card accounts from losses due to fraudulent trasactions. If your card is lost, stolen or you think it might have been compromised, you can also report it to Horizon Bank by calling 1300 366 565 during office hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm) or call the 24/7 Visa hotline on 1800 648 027.
How to apply
You can apply for a Horizon Bank credit card by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must be employed or receive a regular income.
- Credit history. You can apply for this card as long as you have not declared bankruptcy or insolvency – or had any defaults on loans, cards and other financial products – in the past five years.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact details and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. As well as your regular income, this includes your profession, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, assets and savings, as well as existing loans, credit cards and other debts. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and grocery spending.
If you have any questions about the application, you can call Horizon Bank on 1300 366 565 or visit a branch.
Credit card brands similar to Horizon Bank
If you want a credit card from a customer-owned bank or one with a regional focus, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with X:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Horizon Bank phone number: 1300 366 565
- Lost and stolen cards: 1300 366 565 during work hours, 1800 648 027 after hours or +61 2 8299 9101 overseas
- Horizon Bank home loans
- Horizon Bank savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
The best standing desk in Australia: Our top choice of the year
If you're looking for a standing desk for the home office, the Omnidesk Ascent is our #1 choice for 2023.
Fast NBN plans are now cheaper. Is it worth switching?
It's time to sort out your NBN plan for the new year.
Save $1,583 a year by using index funds instead of active trading | Dollar Saver tip #60
Invest in an index fund instead of actively trading stocks and you not only save on time and fees, you could be earning more in returns too.
5 perks you can score by upgrading your internet this year
SPONSORED: Upgrade your internet before the end of 2023 and get ahead on your life admin! We take a look at some of the benefits of a faster internet connection.
Aussies are struggling to save money, and Gen Z blame themselves
Young Australians cite overspending as the main reason for not reaching their financial goals.
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best places to exchange currency in Brisbane
Your guide to currency exchange in Brisbane, including how to get the best exchange rate.
Waiting for rates to fall? Don’t bank on it, says ANZ CEO
Addressing speculation that interest rates might fall in late-2024, ANZ CEO Shayne Elliott said he thought it was too optimistic.
Ask an Expert