Unity Bank is a member-owned bank with a strong history and focus on the maritime, mining and power industries. It has one credit card, the Unity Bank Visa, which offers a low interest rate, balance transfer promotion and can be added to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
Compare Unity Bank Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Unity Bank credit cards
- Low rate credit card
The Unity Bank Visa Card offers a low introductory rate of 7.49% for the first 6 months, which goes to 12.74% p.a. after that. Both these rates are low in comparison to the average credit card interest rate in Australia of around 20%. Its $60 annual fee is also competitive with other low rate credit cards. While it offers an introductory balance transfer rate and digital wallets, the rest of its features are relatively basic.
Benefits of a credit card from Unity Bank
Unity Bank credit cards can be used to pay in over 200 countries and regions around the world, anywhere Visa cards are accepted. You'll also get access to exclusive shopping, dining, travel and entertainment deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
You can add a Unity Bank credit card to a href="https://www.finder.com.au/credit-cards-with-apple-pay" rel="noopener noreferrer">Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay to shop straight from your mobile phone or device.
The Unity Bank app and internet banking services give you a way to check your credit card balance, make payments and manage other features of your account at any time. You can also use phone banking at any time by calling 1300 36 2000 or visit a branch during office hours.
How to apply
You can apply for a Unity Bank credit card online by completing a secure application form on the bank's website. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed for the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. Your credit history should be clear as you can't be an undischarged bankrupt. If you're not sure what's on your credit history, you can get a free copy of your credit report and score through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. Includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and contact details. You also need to provide proof of ID, such as your passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card details.
- Employment details. This covers your occupation, employment status, employer’s name, employment address and length of employment.
- Income. Provide details of income from all sources.
- Monthly expenses. Provide details about rent, mortgage payments, loan payments, credit card payments, and other ongoing expenses for food, bills, transportation, and so on.
- Assets. Assets include equity in home, vehicles, household goods, savings, term deposits, and superannuation.
If you’re not an existing Unity Bank member, you’ll have to become one if you're approved for this card. You’ll also have to complete an identity verification process, which might require you to visit a Unity Bank branch.
If you have any questions about the application, you can contact Unity Bank by calling 1300 36 2000.
Credit card brands similar to Unity Bank
If you want a credit card from a member-owned bank, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with Unity Bank:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Unity Bank phone number: 1300 36 2000
8am to 7pm (AEST), Mon-Fri
- Unity Bank home loans
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Unity Bank Visa Credit Card
A no fuss credit card which offers a low introductory rate for 6 months and no annual fee for the first year.
Ask an Expert