We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Easy Street’s single credit card option, the Easy Low Rate Visa, has one of the lowest interest rates on the market, at 8.99% p.a. (variable). It’s also one of the few cards that has the same interest rate for all purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. You can use this guide to learn more about this credit card, as well as the features and benefits you can get from banking with Easy Street.
Easy Street Credit Card Comparison
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What types of credit cards does Easy Street offer?
Easy Street offers a single, low rate credit card designed to help you keep your credit card costs down. As well as its low variable interest rate, the Easy Low Rate Visa has a competitive annual fee of $40 and offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your account balance in full by the due date on each statement.
The Easy Low Rate credit card also comes with Visa benefits, including payWave contactless payments for purchases worth up to $100, a Zero Liability Policy against fraudulent transactions, Visa Entertainment offers and other Visa promotions and perks, such as exclusive hotel offers.
What are the benefits of banking with Easy Street?
The same interest rate for all balances
Most credit cards charge different interest rates for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances, with the last two typically attracting the highest interest rates on a card. By offering the same low rate of 8.99% p.a. for all balances, Easy Street’s Easy Low Rate Visa can make it easier for you to keep track of interest charges and manage your balance.
One detail to note: This interest rate is what you’ll usually be charged for transactions on the card. However, it is technically “variable”, which means it could change at any time, without notice.
Free additional credit card
If you want to share your Easy Street Easy Low Rate Visa with a partner or family member, you can request an additional card at no extra cost.
As well as Visa’s Zero Liability Policy against fraudulent transactions, you’ll have access to 24/7 phone support for lost and stolen cards. In Australia, you can call Easy Street on 1300 13 14 65 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 3pm on Saturday. Outside of these hours, you can call the Visa hotline on 1800 648 027. If you’re overseas, you can call +612 9959 7480 at any time.
Daily limit on contactless spending
If you’re worried about someone getting your card and racking up debt through contactless payments, the Easy Low Rate Visa also limits contactless payments to a maximum of $200 per day. While this reduces the risk of someone stealing your card and racking up debt, it could be limiting if you prefer to tap-and-go.
Internet and mobile banking
Keep track of your balance, make payments and manage your account through Internet banking or Easy Street’s smartphone app.
How to apply for an Easy Street credit card
Easy Street offers the following options when you want to apply for the Easy Low Rate Visa:
- Online. Fill out a secure application on the Easy Street website.
- Over the phone. Call Easy Street on 1300 13 14 65 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday or 8am and 3pm on Saturdays.
- Request a callback. If you’d prefer Easy Street contact you, fill out the contact form on the Easy Street website.
Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the key details and documents on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Income. You must have an ongoing income to apply for this card.
- Residency status. You can apply for this card if you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- No defaults in the last five years. You can only apply for this card if you have not defaulted on any loans, credit cards, store cards or interest-free finance arrangements in the last five years.
- No bankruptcy. You won’t be able to apply if you are currently bankrupt.
Details and documents you need for the application
- Personal information. Your application needs to include details such as your full name, date of birth, residential and postal addresses, email address and mobile phone number. You’ll also need a valid form of ID, such as your driver’s licence or Australian passport.
- Income and employment details. You’ll be asked about your current work status, your employer’s name and contact details and how much you earn. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips or bank statements to verify these details.
- Other financial details. This includes details of any savings, property or other assets you have, as well as any debts, such as other credit cards and loans. You will also be asked to estimate your regular expenses, such as rent, mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
The features of Easy Street’s Easy Low Rate Visa make it a competitive option if you’re looking for a straightforward, low-cost credit card. You can compare the features of this card – along with the benefits of banking with Easy Street – to other low rate credit cards to help you find a card that works for you.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Easy Street Easy Low Rate Visa
As well as having one of the lowest variable interest rates on the market, this card’s simple features can help you keep your credit card costs in check.