Easy Street has been operating since 2004 as a division of Community First Credit Union Limited. It has a digital-first approach to banking, with no branches and a range of banking and insurance products. It offers one credit card, the Easy Street Low Rate Visa, which has the same low variable interest rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers (outside of any promotions).
Compare Easy Street credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Easy Street
Low rate credit card
The Easy Street Low Rate Visa is the only credit card currently offered by this bank. It offers a 8.99% p.a. variable interest rate that's at the low end of the scale for credit cards in Australia. Its $40 annual fee is also competitive with other low rate cards.
Benefits of getting an Easy Street credit card
Easy Street credit cards can be added to Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay so you can shop straight from your mobile phone or other devices.
The Easy Street Low Rate Visa Credit Card can be used in-store, online and overseas, with acceptance in over 200 countries and regions around the world. It also gives you access to exclusive offers on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment through Visa Offers + Perks.
Free additional credit card
The Easy Street Easy Low Rate Visa offers an additional card at no extra cost. This can be helpful if you want to share your account with a partner or family member, but keep in mind that you'll still be responsible for managing the account.
This card gives you access to Visa's Zero Liability Policy against fraudulent transactions and 24/7 phone support for lost and stolen cards. It also offers Visa Secure and EFTPOS Secure for an added level of protection when you're shopping online.
Internet and mobile banking
Keep track of your balance, make payments and manage your account through Internet banking or Easy Street’s smartphone app.
How to apply
You can apply for an Easy Street credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the key details and documents on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Income. You must have a regular income from a job you've been employed in for at least 6 months.
- Residency status. You can apply for this card if you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You should have a clear credit history and good credit score. You won't be eligible to apply if you're an undischarged bankrupt or have a history of outstanding credit defaults.
Details and documents you need for the application
- Personal information. Your application needs to include details such as your full name, date of birth, residential and postal addresses, email address and mobile phone number. You’ll also need a valid form of ID, such as your driver’s licence or Australian passport.
- Income and employment details. You’ll be asked about your current work status, your employer’s name and contact details and how much you earn. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips or bank statements to verify these details. If you're self-employed, you'll need to provide supporting documentation such as your 2 most recent tax returns and the last 3 months of account statements.
- Other financial details. This includes details of any savings, property or other assets you have, as well as any debts, such as other credit cards and loans. You will also be asked to estimate your regular expenses, such as rent, mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
What happens after you apply?
Easy Street will contact you with an outcome and let you know if any further details are required. If you're approved, you'll need to pay a $2 member share to set up your account, and your card will be sent in the mail.
Have a question about your application? Call Easy Street on 1300 13 14 65.
Credit card brands similar to Easy Street
If you want a credit card from a member-owned bank (or credit union), here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with Easy Street:
Important details and related links
- Easy Street customer service phone number: 1300 13 14 65
- Easy Street Fixed Rate Personal Loan
- Easy Street savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.