Hume Bank offers a mix of personal and business credit card options, with worldwide acceptance through the Visa network and mobile payment options. You can use this guide to learn more about Hume Bank's different credit cards, how to apply and other key features and benefits available.
Comparison of Hume Bank Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards that Hume Bank offers
Low rate credit cards
The Hume Bank Value credit card combines a 11.95% p.a. interest rate with no annual fee for life, making it very competitive with other low rate credit cards. It also offers interest-free days on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date on each statement.
Rewards credit cards
The Hume Bank Clear credit card gives you a way to earn cash rewards as you spend. With this card, you collect 1 loyalty point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, with every 400 points equal to $1. It has a $30 annual fee that is waived if your annual spending is $8,000 or more. You can compare these features with a range of other rewards credit cards to help you find one that fits your goals.
Business credit cards
Hume Bank is one of the few providers to offer secured options for its business credit card customers. You can choose to secure the account with residential or commercial assets, or get an unsecured account. All three of these business credit card options offer competitive interest rates for purchases, additional cards for employees and loyalty points. You can compare other business credit cards here to help you decide which one will suit your business plans and needs.
The benefits of getting a Hume Bank credit card
If you choose to get one of these credit cards from Hume Bank, some of the key benefits you can access include:
As well as worldwide acceptance through the Visa network, this card gives you access to exclusive offers on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment through Visa Offers + Perks. If you're shopping online, you have the option of setting up Visa Checkout for faster payments, as well as Visa Secure verification at any online store that supports it.
Check your transactions and manage your account at any time with Internet banking, the Hume Bank mobile app or by calling the phone banking service on 1300 551 619. You can also visit a branch during business hours, with details of each branch's opening hours available on the Hume Bank website.
How to apply for Hume Bank Credit Cards
You can apply for a personal Hume Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. You can also call Hume Bank on 1300 004 863 to apply for a card or make an appointment to visit a branch. To apply for a business credit card, fill in an enquiry form, visit a branch or call 1300 004 863 to discuss your options.
Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed for the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply.
- Business credit card criteria. If you're applying for a business credit card, you'll need to provide details of your business activity, Australian Business Number (ABN) or other registered business details.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and phone number. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card number.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to provide details of your employment status and occupation, as well as your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips, bank statements or other documents that help confirm this information.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, savings and other assets, as well as existing credit cards, loans and other liabilities. You also need to share details of your regular household spending on essentials such as rent and mortgage payments, utility bills and groceries.
If you have any questions about the application process or want to check on your application status, call Hume Bank on 1300 004 863, visit a branch or email email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
If you want to know more about Hume Bank credit cards, below you'll find answers to some common questions. If there's something else you want to know, you can also get in touch with the team at Finder using the contact form below.
More guides on Finder
Hume Business Visa Unsecured Credit Card
Get a competitive interest rate on purchases, additional cards for employees and membership to a loyalty program with this business credit card.
Hume Business Credit Card Residentially Secured
Secure this card against a residential property and you can get a 10.10% p.a. interest rate for business spending – plus additional cards for employees.
Hume Value Visa Credit Card
Pay no annual fee and save with a low interest rate plus up to 55 interest-free days on purchases with this Visa credit card.
Ask an Expert