The Greater Bank is a member-owned bank with branches across NSW and the Gold Coast. It is part of the NGM Group, with over 500,000 members and a history dating back to 1924. It offers one Visa credit card with a low interest rate, low annual fee and other simple features.
Greater Bank Visa Credit Card
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Greater Bank
Low rate credit card
The Greater Bank Visa Credit Card has a low 9.95%p.a. variable interest rate on purchases and cash advances. This is much lower than the average credit card interest rate (around 20% p.a. in Australia), and gives you a way to save on interest charges as you pay off the balance. Its $49 annual fee is also competitive with other low rate credit cards and is waived after the first year if you spend at least $12,000 per year.
Benefits of a Greater Bank credit card
Internet and mobile banking
Greater Bank offers internet and mobile banking, including an app for Apple or Android devices, so you can manage your account. It also offers phone and branch banking.
Greater Bank's Visa credit card offers acceptance in over 200 countries and regions around the world, with any business that accepts Visa. You'll also get access to deals on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment through Visa Offers + Perks.
Greater Bank credit cards offer an extra layer of protection when you shop online, with Visa Secure and EFTPOS Secure to verify transactions. You also get 24/7 support though Greater Bank and Visa Global Assist, and protection against fraudulent transactions with Visa's Zero Liability policy.
How to apply
You can apply for the Greater Bank Visa credit card online in minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency. This card is available to permanent Australian residents or citizens who live in NSW, QLD or ACT.
- Income. You must earn at least $20,000
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, contact details and number of financial dependents.
- Identification. Provide a copy of your photo identification including a driver's licence, passport, proof of age card or national identity card.
- Income and employment. You'll need to provide your current income and employment details, including contact information for your employer/s. You may also need to provide recent payslips or other supporting documentation. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your accountant's contact information or a Notice of Assessment from the past two years.
- Finances. This covers your average spending on essentials such as bills and groceries, as well as any existing cards, debts and assets.
- Credit card details. If you want to transfer a balance to the new card, you'll need to provide the account information and amount you want to transfer. Greater Bank also requires the last statement of the account(s) that you want to transfer from.
If you have any questions about the application, call Greater Bank on 13 13 86. You can also check out Finder's credit card application tips for more details on what to think about before applying for a credit card.
Credit card brands similar to Greater Bank
If you're interested in a credit card from a member-owned bank or building society, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with Greater Bank:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Greater Bank phone number: 13 13 86
8am-6pm (AEST) Mon-Fri, 8am-1pm Saturday
- After hours phone number: 1300 731 144
- Greater Bank home loans
- Greater Bank savings and bank accounts
- Greater Bank personal loans
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Greater Bank Visa Credit Card
If you're looking for a no-frills, low rate credit card the Greater Bank Visa is worth considering. It offers the same low rate on purchases and balance transfers, plus a low annual fee.
Ask an Expert