Greater Bank Credit Cards
With a low interest rate and competitive annual fee, the Greater Bank Visa Credit Card is suited to people who want to cut their credit card costs.
The Greater Bank is one of Australia's largest building societies and has one credit card on offer. The Greater Bank Visa credit card is a no frills product that offers a low interest rate and a competitive annual fee. You can use this guide to learn more about the features, rates and fees you can expect from the Greater Bank Visa credit card.
Rates, features and fees of the Greater Bank Visa Credit Card
The benefits of banking with Greater Bank
Apply for a credit card with Greater and find out what your plastic can actually do for you.
Low interest rate
The Greater Bank Visa credit card charges a low 11.95% interest rate on purchases and cash advances. If you carry a balance from month to month, this card could help you reduce interest costs compared to other products that charge higher purchase rates up to 20% p.a. It's also one of the few cards that charges a low interest rate to cash advances (which includes ATM withdrawals and other cash equivalent transactions). If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can also take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Competitive annual fee
Greater Bank Visa credit card customers will be charged a $49 annual fee. This will be waived if you spend a minimum of $12,000 annually after the first year. The annual fee is especially competitive when compared to other low rate cards that charge higher annual fees to offset the interest rates.
Internet and mobile banking
Manage your Greater Bank credit card account on the go via internet banking or the Greater Bank app for Apple or Android devices. You can review your transaction history and statement, pay your credit card bill or make real-time payments via PayID and Osko by BPAY through internet and mobile banking.
You can use the Greater Bank Visa credit card at millions of locations in Australia and overseas wherever Visa is accepted. Thanks to Visa PayWave, you can use your card to make contactless payments of under $100 without using your PIN. Visa cardholders can also take advantage of a simplified and secure online shopping experience with Verified by Visa. If your card is used for a fraudulent transaction, Visa guarantees a refund if you meet the conditions of the Visa Zero Liability policy.
How to apply for a Greater Bank credit card
You can apply for the Greater Bank Visa credit card online in minutes. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency. This card is available to permanent Australian residents who reside in NSW, QLD or ACT.
- Income. You must have a good credit history and at least $20,000 p.a.
Documents and details to provide
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, contact details and number of financial dependents.
- Identification. Provide a copy of your photo identification including a driver's licence, passport, proof of age card or national identity card.
- Income and employment. You'll need to confirm your current and previous employer details including their name, address and contact information. You'll also be asked to list your current annual income and verify this information with recent payslips. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your accountant's contact information or a Notice of Assessment from the past two years.
- Finances. List your average monthly general living expenses, the value of any assets as well as details of any liabilities including other credit card limits, loan repayments or mortgages. If you want to conduct a balance transfer, you'll need to provide the account information and amount you want to transfer. Greater Bank also requires the last statement of the account(s) that you want to transfer from.
If approved, you should receive your credit card in the mail within one or two weeks. When you receive your card, you'll need to activate it before you can start spending. You can do this in a Greater Bank branch, over the phone or through your internet banking account.
You'll need to activate your Greater credit card before you can start spending on it. Activation is simple and can be done online by logging on to Internet Banking. You can also activate your credit card by visiting a Greater Bank branch or by calling Greater directly.
Frequently asked questions
We’ve covered the frequently asked questions about Greater Bank credit cards below. Use the form to ask us a question if you can’t find an answer to your question below.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.