Greater Bank Personal Loans
Find out about the competitive personal loans on offer from The Greater Bank, an Australian customer-owned bank.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
How do loans from The Greater Bank compare?
- Secured Personal Loan. This loan requires an asset to be attached to the loan as collateral, but in return you'll receive a competitive rate of 6.49% p.a.. You can use the funds for a variety of purposes, including home renovations or the purchase of a used car. Loan terms extend up to 7 years and you can borrow between $5,000 and $100,000.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. Use the funds from this loan for whatever you need and pay it back over a period of up to 5 years. You can apply for a loan up to $20,000 and enjoy a competitive rate of 8.95% p.a..
- New Car Loan. You can buy a new car, van, ute or 4WD with this loan and receive a competitive rate of 5.49% p.a. Loans are available up to $100,000 and you can pay it off over a period of between 1 to 7 years.
Features and benefits of a personal loan from The Greater Bank
Before you apply for any personal loan it's important to consider the features it comes with. Here's an outline of what The Greater Banks personal loans have to offer:
- Fast turnaround. You can be approved for a personal loan from The Greater Bank in 24 hours as long as you provide all the necessary documentation.
- Competitive interest rates. Both the secured and unsecured personal loans have competitive rates of interest, helping to keep your ongoing repayments affordable.
- Secured loans let you take advantage of a lower rate. You don't need to be purchasing a vehicle to apply for the Secured Personal Loan, which comes with a lower rate. The Secured Personal Loan lets you use an asset you already own as security. Plus, you can borrow 120% of the value of the security.
- Various loan amounts. You can borrow a minimum of $5,000 with all three personal loans, and you can apply for up to 7 years with the Secured Loan and New Car Loan. Amounts up to $20,000 are available with the Unsecured Personal Loan.
- Flexible repayments. You can make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly and you can make additional repayments without penalty. A free redraw is available on all three loans. You can also repay your Secured or Unsecured loans early without penalty.
What other products and services does The Greater Bank offer?
There's a range of other offerings that you can take advantage of as a customer of this building society:
- Home loans. You can apply for a few different package and standalone home financing options. These include the Ultimate Home Loan, the Great Rate Home Loan, a Line of Credit, the Investment Ultimate Home Loan and the Investment Great Rate Home Loan.
- Banking and savings accounts. Two access accounts are on offer as well as a retirement account, and customers can also take advantage of a range of savings accounts options.
- Insurance. There is a range of cover options available. The Greater offers car insurance, home and contents insurance, insurance for landlord's and renters, travel insurance, loan protection insurance and an insurance for boat and pleasure craft.
- Credit card. Take advantage of The Greater Bank Visa Credit Card and enjoy a competitive interest rate, Visa Checkout and Verified by Visa.
- Financial planning. The Greater offers financial planning in the way of investments, retirement, superannuation, salary packaging and stockbroking.
How you can apply
You can submit an online application to The Greater Bank if you want to apply for one of its personal loans. You'll need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined below:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
You'll need to provide certain information as part of the application, so have the following on hand:
- Personal information
- Current and previous employer's details including name, address and contact number
- Your income
- Current loan repayments and any other payments you make
- Credit and store card limits and the value of your assets
The Greater Bank offers a competitive range of personal loans that are worth considering, whether you're looking for a secured or unsecured loan. However, it's always best to compare loan offerings across a range of providers to ensure you're getting the right loan for you.
More guides on Finder
Bank Australia Commercial Visa credit card
Designed to help you track business spending, this Bank Australia credit card offers cards for employees and interest-free days on purchases.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Now Finance Secured Personal Loan review
Get rewarded for an excellent credit score with a Now Finance personalised rate secured personal loan. Rates vary between 5.95% p.a. and 15.45% p.a. Apply today.
Credit Union SA Education Community credit card
Available to people working or studying to work in South Australia's education sector, this card includes a low rate, no annual fee and mobile payments.
Alex Personal Loan review
Alex is a neobank lender specialising in personalised rate personal loans. Find out more about Alex's personal loans and what fees and features are involved.
Plenti Personal Loans
Looking for a competitive rate? Plenti offers loans funded by investors with rates that are tailored to your personal circumstances.
Driva Caravan Loans
Want to compare caravan loans, but don't know where to start? Driva is a licensed Aussie broker specialising in loans for a range of vehicles. Visit Driva and compare caravan loans today.
AWA Alliance Bank Basic Blue Credit Card
Save on credit cost with a low ongoing 11.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases, plus up to 55 interest-free days.
Commonwealth Bank Corporate Interest-Free Days card
Keep track of employee spending and free up cash flow with the CommBank Corporate Interest-Free Days card.
Commonwealth Bank Business Transaction Account ($10 Monthly Fee Option)
The Commonwealth Bank Business Transaction Account offers a Business Visa debit card, easy access to your funds and a range of convenient tools to help you manage your business’s cash flow.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert