Find out about the competitive personal loans on offer from The Greater Bank, an Australian customer-owned bank.
The Greater Bank is a customer-owned bank that has been in operation since 1945. Servicing customers in NSW and south-east Queensland, it currently has the largest branch network of any Australian building society and offers its customers access to over 3,000 ATMs. You can apply for a range of products through The Greater Bank including home loans, everyday accounts, savings accounts, insurance, credit cards, financial planning services and personal loans. Learn more about the personal loan offerings below.
How do loans from The Greater Bank compare?
- Secured Personal Loan. This loan requires an asset to be attached to the loan as collateral, but in return you'll receive a competitive rate of 6.89% p.a.. You can use the funds for a variety of purposes, including home renovations or the purchase of a used car. Loan terms extend up to 7 year(s) and you can borrow between $5,000 and $100,000.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. Use the funds from this loan for whatever you need and pay it back over a period of up to 5 year(s). You can apply for a loan up to $50,000 and enjoy a competitive rate of 8.95% p.a..
- New Car Loan. You can buy a new car, van, ute or 4WD with this loan and receive a competitive rate of 5.75% p.a. Loans are available up to $100,000 and you can pay it off over a period of between 1 year(s) and 7 year(s).
Features and benefits of a personal loan from The Greater Bank
Before you apply for any personal loan it's important to consider the features it comes with. Here's an outline of what The Greater Banks personal loans have to offer:
- Fast turnaround. You can be approved for a personal loan from The Greater Bank in 24 hours as long as you provide all the necessary documentation.
- Competitive interest rates. Both the secured and unsecured personal loans have competitive rates of interest, helping to keep your ongoing repayments affordable.
- Secured loans let you take advantage of a lower rate. You don't need to be purchasing a vehicle to apply for the Secured Personal Loan, which comes with a lower rate. The Secured Personal Loan lets you use an asset you already own as security. Plus, you can borrow 120% of the value of the security.
- Various loan amounts. You can borrow a minimum of $5,000 with all three personal loans, and you can apply for up to 7 year(s) with the Secured Loan and New Car Loan. Amounts up to $50,000 are available with the Unsecured Personal Loan.
- Flexible repayments. You can make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly and you can make additional repayments without penalty. A free redraw is available on all three loans. You can also repay your Secured or Unsecured loans early without penalty.
What other products and services does The Greater Bank offer?
There's a range of other offerings that you can take advantage of as a customer of this building society:
- Home loans. You can apply for a few different package and standalone home financing options. These include the Ultimate Home Loan, the Great Rate Home Loan, a Line of Credit, the Investment Ultimate Home Loan and the Investment Great Rate Home Loan.
- Banking and savings accounts. Two access accounts are on offer as well as a retirement account, and customers can also take advantage of a range of savings accounts options.
- Insurance. There is a range of cover options available. The Greater offers car insurance, home and contents insurance, insurance for landlord's and renters, travel insurance, loan protection insurance and an insurance for boat and pleasure craft.
- Credit card. Take advantage of The Greater Bank Visa Credit Card and enjoy a competitive interest rate, Visa Checkout and Verified by Visa.
- Financial planning. The Greater offers financial planning in the way of investments, retirement, superannuation, salary packaging and stockbroking.
How you can apply
You can submit an online application to The Greater Bank if you want to apply for one of its personal loans. You'll need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined below:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
You'll need to provide certain information as part of the application, so have the following on hand:
- Personal information
- Current and previous employer's details including name, address and contact number
- Your income
- Current loan repayments and any other payments you make
- Credit and store card limits and the value of your assets
The Greater Bank offers a competitive range of personal loans that are worth considering, whether you're looking for a secured or unsecured loan. However, it's always best to compare loan offerings across a range of providers to ensure you're getting the right loan for you.