Compare Greater Bank savings accounts
Treat your finances with a mutual bank that values service and convenience above everything else.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Greater Bank has been helping Australians meet their financial goals for over 70 years. A member owned mutual bank, they provide the same services and products that big banks do, with a personal touch. Plus as an Australian financial institution they offer you the same protection with the Government Guarantee on your deposits.
Awards that Greater Bank has earned
- Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards - Building Society / Credit Union of the Year 2015
- Australian Lending Awards – Best Mutual 2015
- Roy Morgan Research – Building Society of the Year 2014
- Roy Morgan Research – Building Society of the Year 2013
- Asia-Pacific Banking & Finance – Building Society of the Year 2012
- Asia-Pacific Banking & Finance – Building Society of the Year 2011
- Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Awards – Building Society of the Year 2010
Who is Greater Bank?
No matter what your savings goals are, Greater Bank will help you meet them. They have a variety of accounts geared towards helping you build a nest egg, with incentives like higher interest rates to keep you motivated. You pay no fees with any of their savings accounts, yet have the advantage of competitive interest rates just like the big banks.
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
|Login Page||Payments||Locate ATM/Branch|
What transaction accounts are offered by Greater Bank?
- Access Account. This simple to use everyday account allows for free internet and phone banking for 24-hour access. You can also choose between a Visa debit card or Access card for withdrawals and purchases with low fees for your transactions.
- Ultimate Access Account. Deposit at least $2,000 a month are you will be free from any transaction fees with this account. You can also use features like BPAY, EasyPay and Third Party to easily make your monthly payments right from your account.
- Retirement Plus Account. With this account you are given all of the flexibility of the Access Account plus interest payments on your balance. Transaction fees do apply, but you are given a fee allowance to help offset your costs.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Greater Bank?
- Bonus Saver. Earn a higher interest rate on your savings by making one deposit into this account each month and no withdrawals. There is even more incentive to save with no monthly or transaction fees charged for this account.
- Life Saver. A Life Saver account can be opened for anyone from birth to the age of 25 with just one dollar, and can be linked to an Access Account to make withdrawals and deposits easier. Your balance earns a competitive interest rate daily, with payments made monthly to further grow your savings with compound interest.
- Cash Management Account. This high interest savings account gives you some of the same access functions as a transaction account such as BPAY, Direct Debit, Easypay and Third Party Payment Service.
What term deposits are offered by Greater Bank?
You can open a term deposit with Greater Bank with as little as a $1,000 investment. Your money will be locked away for the length of the term you choose, which range from one month to five years, but you also earn a higher rate of interest. You can also choose to have monthly interest payments made directly to you, adding a little more to your income.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with Greater Bank?
- Low cost. With savings accounts from Greater Bank you are not charged any monthly fees.
- ATMs. Not only are you permitted to use your debit card at Greater ATMs, they are also linked to the networks of Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, and BankSA.
- Variety. With Greater Bank you will find savings accounts to suit a number of different needs.
- Account application. While Greater Bank does allow online applications with some accounts, for their specialised savings products you will have to apply in person at a branch.
- Membership. Before you can apply for any savings account with Greater Bank you need to apply to become a member.
How do I apply for a Greater Bank account?
Depending on the specific savings account you are interested in, you will either be prompted to apply online or asked to visit a local branch. Age restrictions will vary for each product, but you do have to be a permanent resident for each. Be sure to have identifying documents ready before beginning an application as well as your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code.
Before getting started, make sure that you have carefully compared the account to what other banks offer to ensure that you have find the product that suits all of your savings needs.
More guides on Finder
Greater Bank Little Bucks Account
The Greater Bank Little Bucks Account is no longer available to new customers. This information is for existing customers only.
Greater Bank Access Account
Consider opening a Greater Bank Access Account if you want to access your money easily, at any time.
Greater Bank Cash Management Account
The Greater Bank Cash Management Account offers a competitive interest rate for your savings, which you can access at any time.
Greater Bank Life Saver Account
Greater Bank Life Saver Account is ideal for youngsters who want to start saving.
Greater Bank Retirement Plus
Greater Bank Retirement Plus Account offers a competitive interest rate and lets you access your money in different ways.
Greater Bank Term Deposit $5,000
With its low minimum deposit requirement and variety in term options, you can meet savings goals both big and small.
Greater Bank Bonus Saver
Be inspired to save with a higher interest rate on your balance every month you are able to meet your savings goals.
Greater Bank Ultimate Access
Make your money stretch longer with a transaction account that rewards you with no fees when you make regular deposits.
Ask an Expert