First Option Bank Credit Cards
Get a low rate First Option Visa credit card that you can use worldwide.
First Option Bank primarily services employees, contractors, and employees’ family members from many major Australian companies, however, anyone can apply to be a member. First Option offers an array of financial services and products that include access and savings accounts, different types of loans, overdrafts and credit cards, insurance solutions and more.
First Option Bank credit cards
Low cost credit card from First Option
A typical low rate card charges a low interest rate on purchases and cash advances and a moderate annual fee. First Option’s Low Rate Visa Credit Card is one you can use at millions of merchants and ATMs, wherever Visa is accepted. You can get up to 45 interest-free days on purchases and you'll pay an annual fee of $48.
Benefits of banking with First Option Bank
Getting a First Option credit card offers various benefits, and these vary in accordance to the card you choose. Here are details of some benefits you can look forward to when using your First Option Bank credit card.
This Visa credit card comes with embedded chips to provide enhanced security against being fraudulently used. Online shopping is safer owing to the use of Verified by Visa technology. Both these cards come with PINs, enabling you to use any ATM in the world that displays the Visa symbol.
Mobile payment and banking options
How to apply for a First Option Bank credit card
You can apply for a First Option credit card online or over the phone. Make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria before you proceed.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- You have a steady source of income.
- You have good credit history.
The application requires that you provide with some personal, employment-related and financial information, which includes the following:
- Personal. You'll need to give your name, home address, email address, phone number, date of birth, marital status, and number of financial dependents.
- Employment. Provide your employer’s name and contact details along with your own income details.
- Financial. This section requires information about your assets, liabilities and expenses. If you have existing loans, credit cards, and store cards, prepare to part with information surrounding your repayments and credit limits for these accounts.
What happens after applying?
If First Option requires any more information from you after reviewing your application, a representative will get in contact with you. Part of the process can involve First Option making a phone call to your employer to verify your income. All new First Option members have to go through an identity verification process, as mandated by the Australian government.
Frequently asked questions
There are a number of commonly asked questions about First Option credit cards, and you’ll find answers to most here. If you have any other question to ask, you can use the form at the bottom of the page.
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.