Regional Australia Bank is a member-owned bank that has had operations across regional NSW since 1969. It offers 2 credit cards: the low-cost Your Choice Credit Card and the Visa Platinum Rewards Card offers Qantas Points and other perks.
Compare Regional Australia Bank credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Regional Australia Bank
Low rate credit cards
The Regional Australia Bank Your Choice Credit Card has a 14.69% p.a. interest rate for purchases and cash advances, with discounted rates available if you have an eligible home loan with the bank. It also has a $40 annual fee that's competitive with other low rate cards, although it is still worth comparing your options to help you choose one that works for you.
Frequent flyer credit cards
The Regional Australia Bank Visa Platinum Rewards Card gives you a way to earn Qantas Points on all your eligible spending, including groceries, fuel, dining and retail shopping. It also offers an annual 10,000 bonus Qantas Points for each year you keep the account in good standing. It has an annual fee of $195, which is waived if you have an active Partnership Advantage home loan under the same membership account. While it does offer a platinum concierge, some other frequent flyer credit cards offer lounge access and complimentary insurance, so make sure you compare cards before you decide to apply.
Benefits of getting a Regional Australia Bank credit card
If you choose a Regional Australia Bank credit card, you can look forward to features and benefits that include:
Savings with an eligible home loan
The Regional Australia Bank Your Choice credit card offers a 3% discount on the interest rate if you have an active Regional Australia Bank home loan and a 5% discount if you have a Partnership Advantage Home Loan and get a credit limit of $5,000 or more on this credit card. If you choose the Regional Australia Bank Visa Platinum Rewards card and have a Partnership Advantage Home Loan, you'll pay no annual fee for the credit card account.
You can manage your Regional Australia Bank credit card at any time using Internet banking or the mobile app. You can also call the phone banking service on 1300 363 777 or visit one of the branches in NSW.
You can use a Regional Australia Bank credit card to shop in store, online or over the phone anywhere Visa is accepted. When you're shopping online, you'll get the added protection of Visa Secure to help verify your transactions with participating businesses. You can also take advantage of exclusive offers on shopping, dining, travel, entertainment and more through Visa Offers + Perks, with the latest deals listed on the Visa Australia website.
How to apply
You can apply for a Regional Australia Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Alternatively, you can apply by calling 132 067, or by visiting a branch. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need for the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, phone number and living arrangements. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, Medicare card or passport.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you'll need to provide details of your employment status, as well as your employer's name and contact details. You may also need to include recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, assets and savings, as well as existing loans, credit cards, debts or other liabilities. You also need to provide details of your share of household expenses such as rent, mortgage payments, utility bills and groceries.
You can save the application and return to it at any time – just make sure you have received an email from Regional Australia Bank with details of your application. If you have any questions about the application, you can also call Regional Australia Bank on 1300 132 067.
Credit card brands similar to Regional Australia Bank
If you want a card from a member-owned bank or one with connections to a specific region of Australia, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Regional Australia Bank service support centre: 132 067
8am-6pm Mon-Fri, 8:30am-12pm Saturday
- Regional Australia Bank home loans
- Regional Australia Bank savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Regional Australia Bank Your Choice Credit Card
This low-cost credit card offers a competitive interest rate on purchases, plus discount options if you have a home loan with Regional Australia Bank.
Ask an Expert