Credit cards for West Australian residents from the locally-owned P&N Bank
Comparison of P&N Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from P&N Bank
P&N Bank offer two credit cards, with both products having a low rate of interest on purchases and cash advances.
Low rate credit cards
Low rate credit cards offer a low purchase rate. There’s an interest-free period too, but this is void if you can’t pay off your total balance, which is why these cards can be ideal to use if you’re carrying a debt from the previous month. Low rate credit cards often charge a little extra for the annual fee, but not always. You may find that credit cards offered by customer-owned financial institutions like P&N Bank usually give you a deal on the annual fee as well as great rates. Like no annual fee credit cards, low rate credit cards can be a cheap credit facility with little in the way of extra features. Any extra promotions or offers are a bonus and should help you make a decision about the low rate credit card that’s right for you.
Platinum credit cards
A platinum credit card will usually cost you more to own and use than a low rate credit card. The annual fee and rates of interest can be higher in order to subsidise the extra credit card features you receive, like travel and purchase insurance. But customer-owned banks can offer some great platinum credit card deals. You may find that platinum cards from mutuals and credit unions give platinum features for the price of a low rate credit card. Look out for extras like balance transfer promotions and extended interest-free terms. These offers can push you one way or another when comparing platinum credit cards.Learn more about Platinum Credit Cards
The benefits of banking with P&N Bank
Use the financial services of P&N Bank and you get access to the following benefits.
P&N Bank credit cards — two accounts, one card
Carry fewer cards when you leave the house. Combine your P&N Bank credit card with your P&N Bank savings account so you can access your savings and a line of credit using just one card.
You can use your P&N Bank credit card for free at any RediATM across Australia. The RediATM network is one of the largest in the country.
P&N Bank are partnered with Visa. Visa credit cards offer a number of benefits, including:
- Visa payWave. Tap your card against a contactless reader for purchases under $100 and the transaction will be completed in seconds. The Visa Zero Liability Policy protects you from fraud when you use Visa payWave for purchases.
- Visa acceptance. You can use your P&N Bank Visa credit card at millions of merchants and ATMs all over the world.
- Visa Premium. Visa Premium services gives you backstage access at concerts, the heads up on exclusive gallery openings and home entertainment experiences and advice. Get the experiences money can’t buy with Visa Premium benefits.
How to apply for a P&N Bank credit card
An online application is a quick and easy way to get a credit card. If you’re a West Australian resident and you want to apply for one of these credit cards, follow the links to go to the P&N Bank website and a secure online application. The online application will only take ten to 15 minutes to complete if you have the right information on hand. Basic credit card eligibility criteria apply.
Every P&N Bank credit card account holder is also a member of the bank. To assist with an application for a new membership, have the following information on hand when you apply for a P&N Bank credit card.
- Identification and contact information. If you’re a new P&N Bank member, provide your driver’s licence or Australian Passport. You may also use a primary form of identification without a photo (e.g. birth certificate) with a secondary form of identification (e.g. utility bill). Also, provide basic information about yourself as well as your contact information and address.
- Income and assets. You will also need to give information about your income and the contact details of your current and previous employers. If you’re self-employed, provide tax assessments and financial statements for the last two years. Also provide information about any assets like personal effects, motor vehicles, bank accounts, shares and property.
- Expenses and liabilities. Outline information about ongoing expenses like child support, food budget, loan repayments and other credit cards you may want to include in a balance transfer to a P&N Bank credit card.
What happens after applying for a P&N Bank credit card?
Once you submit your application for a P&N Bank credit card, you should receive a confirmation email informing you about the status of your credit card application. If you haven’t received a response regarding your credit card application, call a P&N Bank customer service agent and quote your application reference number. This is provided to you on the first or second page of the online application. A P&N Bank team member can then search for your application and let you know whether you’ve been approved or declined for a credit card. If your application is conditionally approved, you may need to provide P&N Bank with more information about your finances before you’re granted full approval. You can expect to receive your credit card about ten business days after a successful application. You must activate your credit card before you can start using it. Credit cards can be activated over the phone.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
We’ve listed frequently asked questions about P&N Bank credit cards below. If you can’t find an answer, ask us a question using the form at the bottom of the page or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Can I transfer my credit card debt to a P&N Bank credit card?
Balance transfers can be a great way to save money on your existing credit card debt. You have to elect to transfer a balance to a P&N Bank credit card when you first open the account.
You can use up to your available credit limit on your P&N Bank credit card towards a balance transfer
The minimum balance transfer amount is $500
Although it’s not mandatory to close your old account once you transfer the credit card balance to a P&N Bank credit card, P&N Bank may require you to close your old account as a balance transfer condition
The interest-free period on purchases does not apply if you are paying off a balance transfer promotion over a number of months
How can I make a repayment on my P&N Bank credit card?
Your P&N Bank credit card statement will show you the different ways you can pay your credit card. You can make a repayment to a P&N Bank credit card the following ways:
At Australia Post - use cash or EFTPOS to pay your P&N Bank credit card at an Australia Post retail outlet using the Bank@Post facility.
- At a branch - Pay your credit card by visiting your local P&N Bank branch using cash or EFTPOS.
BPAY - Make a payment to your P&N Bank credit card using BPAY. Access BPAY payments from your non-P&N Bank online banking facility. The customer reference number is your 16-digit P&N Bank credit card number, and the BPAY biller code is displayed on your credit card statement. Once the payment is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation of the transaction with a receipt number for your personal records.
From another bank account - Elect to carry out an Electronic Funds Transfer from the online banking facility of another financial institution. You’ll need the BSB and account number, which is displayed on your credit card statement.
How do I activate the travel insurance on my P&N Bank platinum credit card?
P&N Bank platinum credit card account holders are eligible to receive complimentary international travel insurance when at least $500 of pre-booked overseas transportation costs, accommodation costs or tour costs have been charged to the account. This includes any additional fees or charges.
Cover is extended to all platinum cardholders who are under the age of 90 when the pre-booked costs are charged to the account. Cardholders over the age of 75 are eligible for a reduced cover. Check the policy document for information about the benefits available to platinum account holders over the age of 75.
To make a claim, contact Chubb Insurance.
How do I get an additional Visa card?
You can elect to add an additional cardholder to your account when you first apply for the credit card, or you can do it after you’ve applied by completing and sending in an additional cardholder request form.
If the nominated additional cardholder is not an existing member of P&N Bank, they will need to become a member first. This means they have to verify their identity with the bank before the additional cardholder application can be processed.
- Additional cardholders must be over the age of 16
- Any spending on the additional card is the primary cardholder's responsibility
- Each supplementary card has its own PIN and unique card number
- Transaction information for additional and primary cards is displayed on the same credit card statement. The transactions are itemised according to the account number
How do I close my P&N Bank credit card?
To cancel your P&N Bank credit card, make sure you’ve paid the credit card in full and send a written request to P&N Bank. Any additional cards will be closed when the primary account is closed. The P&N Bank postal address can be found on your credit card statement.