Comparison of P&N Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from P&N Bank
P&N Bank offer two credit cards, with both products having a low rate of interest on purchases and cash advances.
Low rate credit cards
Low rate credit cards offer a low purchase rate. There’s an interest-free period too, but this is void if you can’t pay off your total balance, which is why these cards can be ideal to use if you’re carrying a debt from the previous month. Low rate credit cards often charge a little extra for the annual fee, but not always. You may find that credit cards offered by customer-owned financial institutions like P&N Bank usually give you a deal on the annual fee as well as great rates. Like no annual fee credit cards, low rate credit cards can be a cheap credit facility with little in the way of extra features. Any extra promotions or offers are a bonus and should help you make a decision about the low rate credit card that’s right for you.
Platinum credit cards
A platinum credit card will usually cost you more to own and use than a low rate credit card. The annual fee and rates of interest can be higher in order to subsidise the extra credit card features you receive, like travel and purchase insurance. But customer-owned banks can offer some great platinum credit card deals. You may find that platinum cards from mutuals and credit unions give platinum features for the price of a low rate credit card. Look out for extras like balance transfer promotions and extended interest-free terms. These offers can push you one way or another when comparing platinum credit cards.Learn more about Platinum Credit Cards
The benefits of banking with P&N Bank
Use the financial services of P&N Bank and you get access to the following benefits.
P&N Bank credit cards — two accounts, one card
Carry fewer cards when you leave the house. Combine your P&N Bank credit card with your P&N Bank savings account so you can access your savings and a line of credit using just one card.
You can use your P&N Bank credit card for free at any RediATM across Australia. The RediATM network is one of the largest in the country.
P&N Bank are partnered with Visa. Visa credit cards offer a number of benefits, including:
- Visa payWave. Tap your card against a contactless reader for purchases under $100 and the transaction will be completed in seconds. The Visa Zero Liability Policy protects you from fraud when you use Visa payWave for purchases.
- Visa acceptance. You can use your P&N Bank Visa credit card at millions of merchants and ATMs all over the world.
- Visa Premium. Visa Premium services gives you backstage access at concerts, the heads up on exclusive gallery openings and home entertainment experiences and advice. Get the experiences money can’t buy with Visa Premium benefits.
How to apply for a P&N Bank credit card
An online application is a quick and easy way to get a credit card. If you’re a West Australian resident and you want to apply for one of these credit cards, follow the links to go to the P&N Bank website and a secure online application. The online application will only take ten to 15 minutes to complete if you have the right information on hand. Basic credit card eligibility criteria apply.
Every P&N Bank credit card account holder is also a member of the bank. To assist with an application for a new membership, have the following information on hand when you apply for a P&N Bank credit card.
- Identification and contact information. If you’re a new P&N Bank member, provide your driver’s licence or Australian Passport. You may also use a primary form of identification without a photo (e.g. birth certificate) with a secondary form of identification (e.g. utility bill). Also, provide basic information about yourself as well as your contact information and address.
- Income and assets. You will also need to give information about your income and the contact details of your current and previous employers. If you’re self-employed, provide tax assessments and financial statements for the last two years. Also provide information about any assets like personal effects, motor vehicles, bank accounts, shares and property.
- Expenses and liabilities. Outline information about ongoing expenses like child support, food budget, loan repayments and other credit cards you may want to include in a balance transfer to a P&N Bank credit card.
What happens after applying for a P&N Bank credit card?
Once you submit your application for a P&N Bank credit card, you should receive a confirmation email informing you about the status of your credit card application. If you haven’t received a response regarding your credit card application, call a P&N Bank customer service agent and quote your application reference number. This is provided to you on the first or second page of the online application. A P&N Bank team member can then search for your application and let you know whether you’ve been approved or declined for a credit card. If your application is conditionally approved, you may need to provide P&N Bank with more information about your finances before you’re granted full approval. You can expect to receive your credit card about ten business days after a successful application. You must activate your credit card before you can start using it. Credit cards can be activated over the phone.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
We’ve listed frequently asked questions about P&N Bank credit cards below. If you can’t find an answer, ask us a question using the form at the bottom of the page or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Image: P&N BankBack to top