We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Sydney Mutual Bank (formerly Sydney Credit Union) offers a straightforward Visa credit card with a 10.49% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases and a competitive annual fee. As a member-owned financial institution, any profits made by Sydney Mutual Bank are passed on to account-holders – usually in the form of competitive rates and fees.
Compare Sydney Mutual Bank credit card features
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What types of credit cards does Sydney Mutual Bank Offer?
Low rate credit cards
The Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa has a 10.49% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases and a competitive annual fee of $30. It also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the closing balance in full by the due date on each statement, as well as mobile payment options.
Benefits of banking with Sydney Mutual Bank
Competitive interest rate
The 10.49% p.a. variable interest rate offered on the Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa credit card is one of the lowest purchase rates on the market. If you carry a balance from your purchases, this low rate could help you save on interest charges compared to other cards.
Low annual fee
The Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa credit card's $30 annual fee is competitive with other low fee credit cards.
Choose your own PIN
You have the option of setting your own PIN via the Sydney Mutual Bank mobile app or at a branch.
Take advantage of exclusive entertainment, travel and shopping promotions through Visa Offers + Perks, plus get extra security online through Verified by Visa.
How to apply for a Sydney Mutual Bank credit card
You can apply for the Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa online by filling in a secure application form. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the essential documents and details ready.
- Residency status. You can apply for this card if you are a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Employment. You must have a regular, permanent income.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact number, email address and residential address. If you are applying as a new Sydney Mutual Bank member, you will also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport. If you are an existing member, you can provide your member number to verify the application.
- Employment details. This covers your occupation, salary, time in your current position and your employer's contact details.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you will be asked about other forms of income, savings and other assets, plus your everyday expenses. If you have debts, loans or other liabilities, you will also need to provide details of them on the application.
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Power outage in Victoria: Don’t forget to claim for food spoilage
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert