We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the pandemic. Some information may not be accurate at this time. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please note:
- Some policies may not be available through Finder at this time
- It’s unlikely that your policy will cover expenses from border closures
In addition to its holiday options, Zuji also offers a range of travel insurance options to suit the needs of an extensive variety of travellers. Whether you’re looking for essentials cover for your next family holiday or an annual multi-trip policy that provides comprehensive protection, Zuji has a policy designed with you in mind.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Who Underwrites Zuji Travel Insurance?
Zuji is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia trading as Allianz Global Assistance. As Zuji’s policies are issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance for Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, you have the confidence of knowing that you are dealing with a company that has a large global presence, financial strength and an extensive history in the insurance industry.
Zuji Travel Insurance Products
Zuji offers five travel insurance products designed to meet the diverse needs of a range of travellers:
- Medical and Personal Liability
- Multi Trip
- Trip Cancellation and Luggage Protection
Each of these policies offers unique cover options for prospective Zuji customers, allowing you to choose the plan that best meets your requirements. Depending on the plan you choose, you may be able to choose individual, single, duo or family cover. Take a look at the benefits comparison table below to get a more accurate picture of the features offered by each policy.
|Comprehensive||Essentials||Medical and Personal Liability||Multi Trip||Trip Cancellation and Luggage Protection|
|Standard excess||$0, $100 or $500||$0, $100 or $500||$500||$100||$100|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Unlimited||$5,000||N/A||Unlimited||Nominated value you select|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||Unlimited||$5 million||Unlimited||Unlimited||N/A|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited||$5 million||Unlimited||Unlimited||N/A|
|Hospital cash allowance||$5,000||$1,000||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Loss of income||$10,400||$5,200||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Travel documents and transaction cards||$250||$250||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Theft of cash||YES||YES||YES||YES||N/A|
|Luggage and personal effects – no depreciation||$5,000||N/A||N/A||$5,000||N/A|
|Luggage and personal effects – depreciation applied||$N/A||$1,500||N/A||N/A||Nominated value you select|
|Luggage and personal effects delay allowance||$500||$300||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Alternative transport expenses||$5,000||$2,000||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Personal liability||$5 million||$2 million||$5 million||N/A||N/A|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess||$3,000||$1,000||N/A||$3,000||N/A|
|Travel services provider insolvency||$10,000||$5,000||N/A||$10,000||N/A|
Zuji Travel Insurance Featured Benefits
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. If unforeseen circumstances such as illness or job loss force you to cancel or amend your trip, your Zuji policy will cover the cost of cancellation fees and prepaid deposits.
- Overseas emergency medical assistance. You can contact Allianz Global Assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week when you need medical assistance. This includes help finding a doctor and cover for the cost of medical evacuation if required.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. This policy benefit will cover the costs you incur for medical and hospital expenses when you fall ill or are injured overseas. Cover for emergency dental expenses is also included.
- Additional expenses. You’ll be reimbursed for additional accommodation and travel expenses if you are suffering from an injury or sickness and a medical adviser certifies that you are unfit to travel.
- Hospital cash allowance. You’ll receive an allowance of $50 per day for each day you are in hospital if you are hospitalised for more than 48 continuous hours.
- Accidental death. This benefit will be paid to your estate if you die as a result of an injury you suffer on your trip.
- Permanent disability. If you suffer an injury in your trip that leads to you becoming permanently disabled, your policy will pay out the benefit amount.
- Loss of income. If you suffer an injury during your journey which prevents you from returning to work when you arrive home, you’ll receive $400 a week for up to 26 weeks.
- Travel documents, transaction cards and travellers cheques. If any of these items are lost, stolen or destroyed during your journey, you’ll be reimbursed for the cost of their replacement.
- Theft of cash. You’ll be reimbursed if cash is stolen from your person.
- Luggage and personal effects. If your luggage or personal items are lost, stolen or damaged, you’ll receive cover for the cost of their repair or replacement.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses. If your luggage and personal items are delayed by a travel provider for at least six hours, you’ll receive cover for the cost of buying emergency clothing, toiletries etc.
- Travel delay expenses. If your trip is delayed for at least six hours due to circumstances beyond your control, you’ll receive cover for the cost of additional meals and accommodation expenses.
- Alternative transport expenses. Zuji will pay for your alternative transport if you need to get to a pre-arranged event (ie a wedding or business conference) but your prepaid transport is cancelled or delayed.
- Personal liability. You’ll receive cover for when you are found to be legally liable for causing injury or property damage to a third party.
- Rental vehicle insurance excess. Zuji will cover the cost of your rental vehicle insurance excess if your rental car is stolen, crashed or damaged.
- Travel services provider insolvency. You’ll be covered for the cost of any unused travel arrangements, as well as for the expense involved in rearranging your journey.
Zuji Travel Insurance Important Matters
- Who can purchase Zuji Travel Insurance? Trip Cancellation and Luggage Protection can only be purchased if you take out cover before commencing your journey and if the portion of your journey which this policy covers commences and ends in Australia. All four other Zuji policies are only available to Australian residents who are taking a journey that commences and ends in Australia. You’ll also need to take out cover before starting your trip.
- Is there an age limit? You need to be under 75 years of age to be eligible for cover.
- How long is the cooling-off period? You have 14 days once your certificate of insurance has been issued to change your mind and receive a full refund.
- Can I extend my cover? Yes. You can extend your cover if your return to Australia is pushed back by a delay to your transportation or by an event for which you can make a claim under your policy.
Zuji Travel Insurance Exclusions
Zuji will not pay your claim if:
- You fail to act in a responsible way to protect yourself and your property
- You do not take all reasonable steps to reduce your loss
- Your claim is for consequential loss of any kind
- Your claim is for a loss which can be recovered under a workers compensation scheme, transport accident laws or similar
- Your claim is a result of errors or omissions in your booking arrangements or your failure to obtain a relevant visa
- You act in an illegal manner or break any government regulation
- You ride a motorcycle without holding a current Australian motorcycle licence
- Your claim is related to an epidemic or pandemic
- Your claim is a result of travelling to a country which the Australian Government has issued an advisory warning against visiting
- Your claim is related to an act of war
- Your claim is the result of a pre-existing medical condition
- You were travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner
- Your claim is related to pregnancy, unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy and you are less than 23 weeks along
- It relates to your treatment for drug or alcohol addiction
- It is related to any form of mental illness
- Your claim arises from suicide or attempted suicide
- Your claim arises from elective surgery
Zuji Travel Insurance Claims
It’s your responsibility to give notice of your claim as soon as possible by calling Allianz Global Assistance on 1300 136 231. If you do not notify the insurer in a timely fashion, or if you fail to provide information and supporting documentation needed to process the claim, your claim could be reduced.
Allianz may request certain information to help them effectively assess and process your claim. This may include police reports, medical reports, valuations, receipts, proof of ownership and more. You may also need to provide English translations of documents for your insurer.
You’ll need to supply all the information Allianz requests and also remember to do things by the book before you make a claim and when you lodge it. For example, if your wallet is stolen, remember to report the theft to the police and get a copy of any report.
Within 30 days of returning home you must submit full details of your claim in writing. Claims are paid in Australian dollars.
If you’re looking for travel insurance cover for your next holiday, consider the range of policies offered by Zuji Travel Insurance. There are policies to suit a wide range of needs and budgets, so shop around for cover and compare Zuji’s plans with other policies on the market.Back to top
Apply for Zuji Travel Insurance
Though it’s best known as an online travel agency, Zuji also offers a range of travel insurance policies to offer financial protection against common travel risks. There are five policies to choose from, each offering different levels of cover and different premium prices, and the policies are issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance for Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. Read on to find out more about Zuji’s travel insurance offerings.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $324.95 off Dyson V8 Animal Extra, 55% Workoutwiz Exercise Bikes, 47% off Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones.
Why 9 million Aussies need to check their TPD insurance now
Millions of Aussies are being urged to check how their TPD policies are set up to avoid claims being unexpectedly turned down.
FINAL DAYS: Jetstar and Qantas half-price flights sales end soon
Here's are all the routes still listed at 50% off for travel until September.
Jetstar Weekend Fare Frenzy slashes prices with $39 flights
EXPIRED: You've got 48 hours to book flights to 17 destinations for travel through 'til the end of the year.
Which insurers are doing health cards in Apple Wallet?
Australian iPhone users can finally access digital health insurance cards, but only some funds are offering them.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
Pets in cabins “soon” on domestic flights: What’s the catch?
The announcement that pets may soon be able to travel in the cabin is good news for many pet owners – but how will it be implemented?
ANZ Rewards Platinum – Exclusive Offer
This card offers a competitive rewards program, 150,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points, a first-year annual fee waiver and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Farm insurance can provide the protection Australian farmers need. It can include ✓ building insurance ✓ crop insurance ✓ livestock insurance
2021 Kia Sportage Review
In 2020, the Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5 and Nissan X-Trail all outsold the Kia Sportage. That's not to say this is a bad car; in fact, the motoring media reviewed it favourably.
Ask an Expert