Get straightforward cover at the right price with Insure4less Travel Insurance
Who Underwrites Insure4Less Travel Insurance?
Who is Insure4less?
Insure4less is an Australian insurance brand that offers affordable travel cover that can be bought entirely online. Insure4Less prides itself on keeping prices low without compromising on the quality of the cover provided, security or customer service.
They keep the prices low as they exclude “bad risk” profiles: for example, they have a maximum age of 65 years on the travel insurance plans. They have also invested in a “quick and easy” website where cover can be activated in as little as 10 minutes.
Insure4less is focused on travel insurance and pet insurance. With more than 30 years of experience in providing travel cover, they guarantee that each claim is paid within 10 business days.
Cover can be purchased easily online and all travel insurance contracts are underwritten at Lloyd’s of London. Applicants have a choice of travel insurance;
- With free adventure sports cover
- Tailored for backpackers
- Tailored for student travellers
Benefits of Insure4Less Travel Insurance
The Insure4Less Travel Insurance has 2 main cover options:
- The Standard Travel Insurance
- The Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
The Standard Travel Insurance has been designed for a single trip or vacation, while the Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance for frequent travellers looking for a single policy to cover an unlimited number of trips in a 12-month period.
Both the policies can be bought entirely online via the fast and secure online portal with a 24-hour customer support phone line available if you require any assistance.
What is really different from the other travel insurance products is the free of charge cover for amateur sports and activities such as bungee jumping, scuba diving and tandem skydiving.
You are automatically covered for non-manual, non-hazardous work such as working in a bar or in an office and you have also the possibility to extend your insurance period if you decide to stay abroad for a longer time.
The travel insurance policy includes:
- Medical expenses
- Cancellation of travel
- Travel delay
- Missed departure
- Catastrophe cover
- Loss of baggage
- Emergency purchases
- Legal expenses
- Search and rescue
- Rental vehicle excess
- Personal accident
These options can be included or not in the three types of travel insurance products:
- Excel Plus
Insure4Less Travel Insurance Policy Options
As previously mentioned, the Insure4Less Travel Insurance has two main options:
- The Standard Travel Insurance
- The Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Each insurance product has three plans:
- Excel Plus
The Standard Travel Insurance has been created specifically for a single trip and has different levels of cover depending on the policy chosen. The only common cover is the overseas medical expenses (outside Australia) up to $10,000,000 with excess of $135.
- The Essentials Plan includes cancellation & curtailment up to $2,500, personal liability up to $2,500,000, missed departure/connection up to $500, personal baggage up to $2,500 and legal advice and expenses up to $10,000.
- The Excel Plan offers the same cover options with higher insured amounts, travel delay up to $250, personal money up to $750, abandonment of trip up to $5,000, accidental death/benefit up to $10,000, hospital cash allowance up to $1,000 ($50 per day), car rental excess waiver up to $1,500.
- The Excel Plan Plus offers the same cover options of the Excel Plan with higher insured amounts, plus the catastrophe cover up to $750, search & rescue expenses cover up to $5,000, resumption of trip up to $2,000, mugging benefit up to $250, travel carrier insolvency up to $5,000.
The Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance is suitable for those travellers that travel at least 3 times a year, providing cover for an unlimited number of trips under a single policy. Cover can be taken for both international and domestic trips up to 93 days in length.
Insure4Less Travel Insurance Benefits
The Standard Travel Insurance and the Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance have the same benefits depending on the chosen plan. Here you find a brief overview of those benefits:
- Cancellation fees, lost deposits and curtailment: you are covered up to the amount stated in the Schedule of Cover in the event your trip is cancelled prior to departure or curtailed before completion.
- Overseas medical expenses: you are covered for necessary and reasonable costs incurred as a result of your bodily injury, illness or death during your trip.
- Personal liability: you are covered if you are held legally liable for causing accidental bodily injury to someone else and/or accidental loss or damage to someone else’s property, including your temporary holiday accommodation and its contents.
- Missed departure/connection: you are covered for necessary additional accommodation and travel expenses that you incur in reaching your destination if you arrive at any departure point shown on your pre-booked itinerary too late to board the public transport as result of the failure of public transport or road traffic accident.
- Baggage and personal effects: you are covered for the loss, theft or damage to your personal effects or your valuables. Depreciation will be taken into account.
- Personal money, travel tickets & passport: in the event of theft of personal money or loss, theft or damage to passport or visas as emergency replacement costs.
- Legal advice and expenses: you are covered for legal fees and expenses incurred with your solicitor in pursuit of a claim for compensation or damages from a third party who causes your death or bodily injury or illness during your trip.
- Travel delay or abandonment of the trip: if the arrival of the public transport is delayed by at least 12 hours or if your departure is delayed for more than 12 hours and you choose to abandon your trip.
- Personal accident benefit: you are covered in addition to any medical expenses paid for the amount shown if you have an accident whilst you are on your trip and which is the sole and independent cause of your death, permanent total disablement, loss of sight of loss of limbs within 12 months of the accident.
- Hospital cash: you are covered for each complete 24 hour period spent receiving inpatient hospital treatment in a country outside of your regular country of residence.
- Hijack benefit: you are covered for each full 24-hour period that the public transport in which you are travelling is hijacked on the original pre-booked outward or return journey for a period in excess of 24 hours.
- Catastrophe cover: you are covered for reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses incurred in the event that you are forced to move from the pre-booked accommodation to continue your trip or if the trip cannot be continued, to return home.
- Car rental excess waiver: you are covered for reimbursement of car rental insurance excess or the cost of repairing the rental car, if you rent a car and are involved in a car accident or it is stolen during the journey.
- Search and rescue expenses: you are covered for costs necessarily and reasonably incurred by official local search and rescue organisations in the locality in which you are as a result of their searching for you, rescuing you, recovering you if you are missing or if you have suffered a serious accident.
- Resumption of trip: if you are repatriated to your country of residence or have to curtail your trip due to the death, injury or serious illness of your travelling companion insured by the company or a close relative of yours, you are covered for flights purchased to resume your trip.
- Mugging benefit: you are covered if you suffer an injury and are admitted to hospital outside of your normal country of residence as an inpatient due to a mugging attack.
- Travel carrier insolvency: you are covered due to the insolvency of a travel carrier with which you are booked to travel.
Insure4Less Travel Insurance Claims Process
In the event of loss, theft or damage or your baggage or personal items, or in the event of injury, serious illness, you will need to contact Insure4Less immediately to notify them of your claim and provide following details:
- Name, address and telephone number
- Travel insurance policy certificate number
- A brief description of the claim. Depending on the nature of the claim, you will also need to provide the company with any necessary supporting documentation:
- If the claim involves loss or damage to baggage, you will need to advise the insurer immediately and send a Property Irregularity Report from the transport carrier within 3 days
- Loss of money or personal baggage must be reported to the police within 24 hours of discovery and a written report obtained
A claim cannot be made more than 31 days after the expiry of the trip during which the claim occurred. Insure4less will aim to resolve the claim within 10 working days following the delivery of the relevant documentation for each claim.