Insure4Less Travel Insurance
Compare policies and benefits to see if Insure4less has the right travel insurance for you.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
We've had a good look at Insure4less travel insurance and outlined all the information you need to know when deciding on a policy. We've found some special features, summarised different plans and compared policy benefits - all so that you don't have to!
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Insure4less' Excel Plus policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||$7,500|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$5,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||70|
Table updated November 2020
Finder's favourite features:
1. Simple choice of four levels of cover whether you're travelling internationally or domestically
2. Extra peace of mind with catastrophe cover included in Excel Plus policies
3. Insure4less is one of the few brands that can cover off-piste skiing/snowboarding
Insure4less travel insurance options
The most comprehensive plan for those who are after peace of mind while travelling.
A less comprehensive plan than Excel Plus but with handy features and inclusions.
The budget-friendly option that only covers the basics of travelling.
Medical Expenses Only
As the name states - only includes cover for medical expenses and nothing else.
Insure4less review of benefits
There are three main travel insurance policies offered by Insure4Less, each with their own set of benefits. In addition, there is a Medical Expenses Only plan which only offers overseas medical expenses cover and nothing else. Each plan is available as a Single Trip or Annual Multi-Trip.
|Benefits||Essentials||Excel||Excel Plus||Medical Expenses Only|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||$2,500||$5,000||$7,500|
|Overseas medical expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Baggage and personal effects||$2,500||$3,500||$5,000|
|Travel delay||Up to $250||Up to $500|
|Abandonment of trip||$5,000||$7,500|
|Car rental excess waiver||$1,500||$3,000|
|Personal money, travel tickets and passport||$750||$1,000|
Table updated November 2020
What options can I add-on to my Insure4Less travel insurance?
When purchasing any of the insurance plans from Insure4Less, you have the chance of choosing Single Trip or Annual Multi-trip at purchase. With Annual Multi-trip, you can extend your cover over multiple trips starting and ending at your home in Australia. Other add-on options include;
- Snow sports. Cover if you plan to participate in skiing, snowboarding, back country skiing/snowboarding, snowcat skiing/snowboarding, cross country skiing, glacier skiing, glacier walking, snow monoskiing and snowblading. Off-piste cover can also be added onto most policies except for the USA and Canada.
- Rock climbing, trekking or mountaineering. You can get cover depending on your level of experience. Insure4less will ask for a few details about your trekking trip and determine the right premium. Cover for mountaineering is not available in the USA and Canada. No cover is available in Nepal for rock climbing, trekking or mountaineering.
What isn't covered by my policy?
Regardless of the insurance policy purchased, there are situations where you will never be covered by Insure4Less. These include claims where:
- You have continued with travel plans to a country or region despite warnings from the Australian Government at www.smarttraveller.org.au
- You are travelling on an aircraft that is anything other than a completely licensed passenger aircraft.
- It's at all related to anxiety, stress or mental illness of you or your travelling companions, or to a pre-existing medical condition not pre-approved by Insure4Less before purchasing insurance.
- You are under the influence of unprescribed drugs or alcohol at the time of the incident.
- You have taken part in any sport or leisure activity that isn't approved by Insure4Less.
- You've engaged in any illegal or criminal activities.
- For any reason you've done manual labour or work in conjunction with a profession or trade during your trip.
Claim and contact details for Insure4Less
Emergency assistance: +61 (0) 2 8907 5953 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a claim online: Start you claim here https://claimforms.gallagherbassett.com.au/travel/claim
Make a claim via email: email@example.com
Make a claim enquiry: +61 7 3005 1613
General enquiries by email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
More guides on Finder
Insure4Less promo code and coupons January 2021
Insure4Less is an online travel insurance provider offering comprehensive cover for local and international travel.
Ask an Expert