Get unlimited overseas medical cover and lots more with Cover-More Travel Insurance.
Cover-More sets itself apart with 24/7 emergency access to its local support team. You’ll also get all the other great travel insurance benefits: lost and stolen luggage, missed flights, cancellations and more.
With 25 years of experience and over 10 million travelers covered, Cover-More offers an extensive range of cover options to meet the needs of many different travelers. And as one of the first Australian insurers to include mental health benefits in its travel insurance cover, you know you’re with a brand that cares about its customers.
Compare Cover-More travel insurance policies
Cover-More Travel Insurance Policy Benefit Overview
|Benefit||International Premium||International Medical Only||Domestic||Domestic Cancellation||Inbound|
|Additional expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||$10,000||Cover chosen||$10,000,000|
|Amendments or cancellation costs||Cover chosen||$10,000||Cover chosen||Cover chosen|
|Delayed luggage allowance||$750||$200|
|Loss of income||$6,000||$1,500|
|Luggage and travel documents||$6,000||$3,000||$3,000|
|Medical and dental expenses||$1,000,000|
|Overseas medical and dental||Unlimited||Unlimited||$10,000,000|
|Rental car insurance excess||$3,000||$4,000|
|Resumption of journey||$3,000|
Policies Available from Cover-More
Premium Travel Insurance
Cover-More Premium Travel Insurance offers comprehensive international travel cover to provide ultimate peace of mind when you head out to explore the world. It offers the following benefits:
- Unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical and dental expenses
- Cover for hospital incidentals
- Cover for travel and luggage delays
- Cover for lost or stolen luggage and travel documents
- Cover for rental insurance excess
- Cover for disability and loss of income
Kids can be included for free on their parents’ policy, while Premium Travel Insurance is available as a single trip or annual multi-trip policy. Policyholders can access Cover-More’s 24-hour Global Emergency Assistance Centre and also choose from Winter Sports, Cruise and Motorcycle Cover options.
Medical Only Travel Insurance
Cover-More Medical Only Travel Insurance is designed to offer crucial financial protection and assistance if you suffer an injury or illness while overseas. It aims to offer affordable protection for those travellers who only want cover for the bare essentials. Benefits include:
- Unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical and dental expenses
- Unlimited cover for additional expenses, for example if you are deemed medically unfit to continue travelling and you need to cancel the rest of your trip
- $2.5 million of personal liability cover
Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance
Designed for frequent travellers, Cover-More’s Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance offers the same cover as a Premium Travel Insurance policy. However, it covers you for all the trips you take during a 12-month period and if you plan on taking several trips a year, it works out to be much more affordable than buying a single trip policy for each individual journey you take.
Cover benefits include:
- Your choice of maximum duration for each covered trip: 30, 45 or 60 days
- All trips covered as long as your destination is more than 250km from home
- Unlimited number of journeys covered
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Choose a higher excess to receive a lower premium
- Free global SIM card
- 15-day money-back guarantee
Domestic Travel Insurance
If you’re planning a holiday within Australia, Cover-More offers two domestic travel insurance options to provide peace of mind and financial protection: Cancellation Only and Domestic.
A Cancellation Only Domestic Travel Insurance policy provides protection against the loss of pre-paid deposits and cancellation fees when unexpected circumstances beyond your control, for example the death of a relative, force you to cancel or cut short your trip.
Meanwhile, Domestic Travel Insurance is designed to offer comprehensive cover for trips within Australia. It provides $10,000 of cover for amendment or cancellation costs resulting from circumstances beyond your control, plus $3,000 of cover when your luggage or travel documents are lost, stolen or damaged. Other benefits include cover for rental vehicle insurance excess, travel delay, special events, loss of income, disability, accidental death and personal liability.
Inbound Travel Insurance
Cover-More Inbound Travel Insurance is designed to offer cover to for non-Australian residents travelling to and within Australia. Available to travellers up to 69 years old, this policy includes:
- $1 million of cover for medical and dental expenses
- Cover for amendment and cancellation costs that arise due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control
- Cover for lost and stolen luggage and travel documents
- Cover for additional expenses incurred to get you to a special event on time
- Cover for hospital incidentals
- $1 million personal liability cover
- $10,000 accidental death benefit
Types of cover available
- Annual Multi Insurance: Provides cover for an unlimited number of trips in a year provided the destination is more than 250 km from your home
- International Multi Trip: Choose a maximum duration of travel of 30, 45 and 60 days
- Domestic Trip
Cover-More’s business policy is a comprehensive plan tailored toward individuals that travel regularly for business and their families. Who should take out this policy? This policy is tailored towards people that travel for business multiple times throughout the year. It is an annual trip policy providing cover for multiple trips under a single policy. Key Features:
- Provides cover for travellers up to 74 years of age
- Policyholder is able to take an unlimited number of trips in a 12 month period
- Applicants have the choice of choosing trip duration periods of 30, 60 and 90 days. The selection of longer periods will incur a higher premium payment
- Cover will be effective for trips where the policyholder has travelled more than 250km from their home
- Policy includes cover for up to 6 weeks of vacation travel in a 12 month period
- Policy includes family cover for spouse and dependent children under the age of 21
- Applicants are entitled to a range of excess options to add to their policy
- 24 hour emergency assistance through Cover-Mores assistance partner Customer care
Additional cover options for your Cover-More travel insurance policy
Cover-More understands that no two travellers needs are the same and have a number of additional cover options available to let you tailor your policy closer to your needs.
- Increase cover for luggage. If you are taking high-value items with you on your trip that fall outside the default value threshold offered on the place you are considering, you can apply to register these items to ensure adequate cover is in place. For an additional premium loading, you can increase your cover for luggage and personal items to a limit of $4,500. It is worth noting that in the event of a claim, Cover-More will require proof of purchase documentation. This may be in the form of a receipt or valuation document.
- Car hire excess. If you are planning to hire a car overseas, you may want to take out additional car hire excess to avoid a hefty bill from the rental company in the event of an accident.
- Hitting the slopes? You might want cover for skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling. If you are planning a vacation to the snow, you may want to take out additional cover for on-piste skiing to ensure you are covered in the event of injury. It is worth noting that Cover-More Travel Insurance will only provide cover for incidents that occur on-piste and there is no cover for racing or professional winter sports.
- Cover for motorcycle and moped accidents. If you are looking to hire a motorcycle or moped on your travels, you will need to take out additional cover, as it is not provided as a standard benefit on Cover-More’s policies. This option can provide cover even if you are the passenger on a motorcycle or moped. Some general conditions of this cover option:
- Motorcycle must have a maximum engine capacity of 200cc
- You must be wearing a helmet if involved in an accident
- You must hold a valid Australian motorcycle license. If you are a passenger on a motorcycle and involved in an accident, the driver must hold an approved license
More Reasons to Choose CoverMore
- Rich company history: Established in 1986, Cover-More has served the travel insurance needs of Australians for over 25 years. The company has served more than 10 million travellers since its early beginnings and is not slowing down anytime soon, with an average customer base of over 1 million each year. The company has expanded to now have offices throughout Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- Experienced staff: Cover-More now employs more than 200 people in Australia and its experienced team is on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide quality assistance when it is needed.
- Pre-travel doctor consultation: Australian travellers going overseas can access a telephone consultation with a GP that specialises in travel medicine. The GP will devise a plan based on the destination and timing, including vaccinations and immunisations.
- International Emergency Assistance 24/7: Cover-More works under Customer Care to provide 24 hour emergency support to travellers anywhere in the world. With 25 years experience, Customer Care has grown to become one of the largest customer-focussed assistance organisations in the world. Cover-More provides medical and travel related support to Cover-More policyholders when needed most.
- Munich ReGroup: Cover-More Travel Insurance policies are underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance who is a wholly owned subsidiary of Munich Re Group, one of the largest insurance groups in the world. Munich Re Group boasts a client base of over 33 million people in 25 different countries and a premium income of $68 billion per annum.
- Diverse product range: Cover-More has developed a range of travel insurance products to meet the cover needs for a diverse range of travellers. Whether you are looking for a single trip policy for a quick getaway or annual cover for business trips, you can be sure to find a policy that will provide adequate cover without breaking your budget. What's more, policies can be tailored to meet your specific travel needs through the addition of optional cover benefits, giving you the ability to avoid policy exclusions that may restrict your travel plans.
- Free global SIM: Every Cover-More customer taking out insurance for a period of 7 days or more is rewarded with their own global sim card completely free of charge so they can enjoy cheap calls, SMS and data when they travel overseas. There are no hidden charges or minimum spends and the sim is prepaid so you won’t be suffering any bill shock on your travels.
Some final questions you might have about Cover-More
How do I make a claim with Cover-More?
There are two choices available when you wish to make a claim on your Cover-More Travel Insurance policy. You can either:
- Complete an online claim. All you have to do is visit claims.covermore.com.au and follow the prompts; or
- Download and print out a claim form. Forms are available from covermore.com.au and once completed can be returned to the insurer.
You will also need to attach any receipts and other supporting documents along with your completed claim form. The claim form includes a checklist of the supporting documents you may need to submit — for example police reports, medical reports, receipts and proof of ownership — and Cover-More requires original documents so make sure to keep a copy.
Your claim form and supporting documents can be sent to:
- Cover-More Travel Insurance Claims Department
- Private Bag 913
- North Sydney NSW 2059 Australia
How do I apply for Cover-More Travel Insurance?
If you are interested in taking out one of the travel insurance policies on offer from Cover-More, you can follow the secure links through to the Cover-More website and begin your application. Quotes can be received and cover put in place entirely online provided you do not have any pre-existing medical conditions. It is crucial to read through the product disclosure statement prior to purchasing your policy to have a clear understanding on exactly what is and what is not covered under your policy.