Fast Cover Travel Insurance
Compare Fast Cover Travel Insurance Policies
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Fast Cover offers travel insurance with a wide range of benefits to keep you protected while you’re overseas. Fast Cover is an Australian company partnered with Hollard, and aims to offer cover that is affordable and easy to understand. Fast Cover offers emergency assistance to their customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ensuring that all travellers get the support they need. Getting your travel insurance in order should be a high priority when planning your holiday and finding an insurance product that is fast, efficient and affordable could save you loads of time and money.
Fast Cover travel insurance deals
Compare Policies from Fast Cover
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Fast Cover's Comprehensive Policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Ammendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||89|
Table updated December 2020
Read more about Fast Cover Travel Insurance
Fast cover policy benefits compared side by side
|Cover feature||Comprehensive||Standard Saver||Basics||Snow Sports Plus||Domestic Plus||Frequent Traveller Saver|
|Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Passports, Credit Cards & Credit Card Fraud||$5,000||$2,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000||$5,000||Optional||$15,000||$7,500||$15,000|
|Travel Delay Expenses||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000|
|Rental Vehicle Excess||Optional||Optional||Optional||$5,000||Optional|
Note: Information is accurate as of December 2020
What policies can I choose from?
Fast cover offers a range of different cover options so that you can find the travel insurance to suit your needs. Each plan is based on where you are travelling to and how old you are. It is available for singles, duos or families.
- Comprehensive. This is suitable for single, duo or family travellers. Fast Cover Comprehensive provides unlimited cover for cancelation fees, lost deposits, emergency medical assistance, and emergency medical and hospital expenses. It also offers up to $1,000 in dental expenses as well as up to $15,000 per person in personal effects and luggage (or $20,000 for a family). If you want an all-inclusive cover, this is the plan for you.
- Standard Saver. You will receive unlimited medical assistance and hospital expenses cover as well as $25,000 cancellation and lost deposit cover. You will also still receive cover for loss or damage to personal items, luggage and travel documents. However, you do miss out on cover for theft of cash, travel delay expenses and rental vehicle excess. This is a standard affordable cover that most travellers will be suited to. However, make sure you are aware of what you’re not covered for.
- Basics. This is the ‘no-frills’ cover, for travellers who still want to stay protected, without expensive extras. It also allows optional luggage cover for up to $2,000.
- Domestic Plus. This policy is for people travelling domestically. Because you will not be leaving the country, there is generally less risk, and so you won’t be covered for as much as you would be travelling overseas. This policy offers unlimited cancellation fees and up to $50,000 per person in trip disruption expenses (or $100,000 for families). It also offers great cover if you’re heading to the snow, as you will be covered up to $1,500 per person in snow sport equipment (or $3,000 for families).
- Snow Sports Plus. As the name suggests, this option is designed for a skiing or snowboarding holiday. In addition to cancellation cover, you can relax knowing you're covered for your own or hired snow sport equipment if it's lost, stolen or damaged. You'll also be able to recoup prepaid expenses in case you're unable to use your ski passes, lessons or equipment hire if you're sick or injured. And finally you can get reimbursed for the cost of transportation and life passes at an alternative ski resort if your original resort is closed for more than 24 hours due to bad weather.
- Frequent Traveller Saver. This policy is ideal for anyone who makes multiple trips per year. It’s very similar to the Comprehensive plan in terms of cover, however you are covered for unlimited trips in a 12-month period. If you travel overseas regularly for work, this is perfect for you. You can select from regions Pacific & Asia or Pacific, Asia and Europe or Worldwide. You can also choose from different durations of 15, 25, 40 or 63 days and you should select your longest duration. It is also important to note that any multi-trip plans are not available to anyone over the age of 64.
Fast Cover has a range of different insurance policies so that you can find the one that is right for you; regardless of whether you are travelling for business or leisure. Age restrictions do apply to some of the policies, so make sure you check the application criteria before purchasing your policy.
I have some questions
Q. Why do I need travel insurance?
- A. Although we try and plan for everything before travelling overseas, sometimes the unexpected will happen. Travel insurance is a safety net for all those unwanted little surprises that we hoped wouldn’t happen, but sometimes do. Unfortunately, luggage can go missing, and our personal items can be stolen. To avoid any further inconvenience, travel insurance can cover your losses so that you’re not out of pocket. Also, think about what you would do if you got sick or injured in a foreign country – that is probably an expense no one would really account for. Travel insurance gives you peace of mind that you won’t be left in a mess of bills and lost goods if something does go wrong.
Q. If I am already overseas, can I still purchase travel insurance?
- A. Travel insurance must be bought prior to starting your trip while you are still in Australia. Applications for cover while your holiday has already begun will be rejected.
Q. When is the ideal time to buy travel insurance?
- A. As long as you purchase insurance before your departure, any time is suitable. The price will not fluctuate depending on how far in advance you apply for cover. You are able to purchase insurance any time up to 12 months before you leave. Since you can apply and receive your travel insurance with Fast Cover within minutes, you don’t have to plan too far ahead.
Q. What if I need to extend my cover?
- A. Fast Cover will extend insurance cover for free if your flight (or other form of transport) has been delayed, or if it is for a reason for which you can claim under your insurance policy (subject to written approval).
If you need to extend the cover for any other reason, you will have to pay for the extra time that you need. Just make sure that you apply for extension before the expiry date of the original policy.
Apply for Fast Cover Travel Insurance
Whether you’re going overseas for a week or a year, Fast Cover has the travel insurance for you. With a variety of policies to choose from, affordable prices and an easy and simple application process, Fast Cover can provide you with the security to give you peace of mind while you’re overseas. Their global emergency service guarantees your incidents will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Start comparing quotes today, and get covered with a reliable and efficient travel insurance policy.
Fast Cover Travel Insurance contact details
- To make a claim online. You can lodge your claim at this web address – https://fastcover.com.au/make-a-claim/
- By phone. Call +612 8320 7999 for emergencies
- Email and claim enquiries. email@example.com
More guides on Finder
Fast Cover promo code and discounts April 2021
Fast Cover offers travel insurance for local and international travel, with specific plans to insure journeys to Asia (except Japan), the Pacific and Europe (except Russia).
Ask an Expert