Fast Cover Travel Insurance
Compare Fast Cover Travel Insurance Policies
Fast Cover offers travel insurance with a wide range of benefits to keep you protected while you’re overseas. Fast Cover is an Australian company partnered with Hollard, and aims to offer cover that is affordable and easy to understand. Fast Cover offers emergency assistance to their customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ensuring that all travellers get the support they need. Getting your travel insurance in order should be a high priority when planning your holiday and finding an insurance product that is fast, efficient and affordable could save you loads of time and money.
Compare Policies from Fast Cover
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Fast Cover's Comprehensive Policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Ammendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||89|
Table updated June 2020
Fast cover policy benefits compared side by side
|Cover feature||Comprehensive||Standard Saver||Basics||Snow Sports Plus||Domestic Plus||Frequent Traveller Saver|
|Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||No cover||Unlimited|
|Accidental Death||$25,000||No cover||No cover||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000|
|Passports, Credit Cards & Credit Card Fraud||$5,000||$2,000||No cover||$5,000||No cover||$5,000|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000||$5,000||Optional||$15,000||$7,500||$15,000|
|Travel Delay Expenses||$2,000||No cover||No cover||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000|
|Rental Vehicle Excess||Optional||Optional||Optional||$5,000||Optional|
Note: Information is accurate as of June 2020
What policies can I choose from?
Fast cover offers a range of different cover options so that you can find the travel insurance to suit your needs. Each plan is based on where you are travelling to and how old you are. It is available for singles, duos or families.
- Comprehensive. This is suitable for single, duo or family travellers. Fast Cover Comprehensive provides unlimited cover for cancelation fees, lost deposits, emergency medical assistance, and emergency medical and hospital expenses. It also offers up to $1,000 in dental expenses as well as up to $15,000 per person in personal effects and luggage (or $20,000 for a family). If you want an all-inclusive cover, this is the plan for you.
- Standard Saver. You will receive unlimited medical assistance and hospital expenses cover as well as $25,000 cancellation and lost deposit cover. You will also still receive cover for loss or damage to personal items, luggage and travel documents. However, you do miss out on cover for theft of cash, travel delay expenses and rental vehicle excess. This is a standard affordable cover that most travellers will be suited to. However, make sure you are aware of what you’re not covered for.
- Basics. This is the ‘no-frills’ cover, for travellers who still want to stay protected, without expensive extras. It also allows optional luggage cover for up to $2,000.
- Domestic Plus. This policy is for people travelling domestically. Because you will not be leaving the country, there is generally less risk, and so you won’t be covered for as much as you would be travelling overseas. This policy offers unlimited cancellation fees and up to $50,000 per person in trip disruption expenses (or $100,000 for families). It also offers great cover if you’re heading to the snow, as you will be covered up to $1,500 per person in snow sport equipment (or $3,000 for families).
- Snow Sports Plus. As the name suggests, this option is designed for a skiing or snowboarding holiday. In addition to cancellation cover, you can relax knowing you're covered for your own or hired snow sport equipment if it's lost, stolen or damaged. You'll also be able to recoup prepaid expenses in case you're unable to use your ski passes, lessons or equipment hire if you're sick or injured. And finally you can get reimbursed for the cost of transportation and life passes at an alternative ski resort if your original resort is closed for more than 24 hours due to bad weather.
- Frequent Traveller Saver. This policy is ideal for anyone who makes multiple trips per year. It’s very similar to the Comprehensive plan in terms of cover, however you are covered for unlimited trips in a 12-month period. If you travel overseas regularly for work, this is perfect for you. You can select from regions Pacific & Asia or Pacific, Asia and Europe or Worldwide. You can also choose from different durations of 15, 25, 40 or 63 days and you should select your longest duration. It is also important to note that any multi-trip plans are not available to anyone over the age of 64.
Fast Cover has a range of different insurance policies so that you can find the one that is right for you; regardless of whether you are travelling for business or leisure. Age restrictions do apply to some of the policies, so make sure you check the application criteria before purchasing your policy.
How can I make a claim with Fast Cover?
Applying for insurance is usually the easy part. But what about when it comes to actually making a claim?
Fast cover has tried to make this process as easy and stress-free as possible by putting in place a few procedures you will need to follow. If a medical or dental incident occurs, you will need to contact the Emergency Assistance Department, which operates 24/7.
There are different numbers for each country, which are listed on their website. If you damage or lose your luggage or personal items, you need to report the incident to the local authorities and get a copy of the incident report. Upon your return home you can either submit a claims form, or call their claims team.
To make a general claim, you can call 1300 409 322 so that they can get the process started immediately. In most cases, the claim can be made in the one phone call. Otherwise, the claims team will inform you of any other steps you need to take. You can also fill out a claims form which can be downloaded from their website.
The form will ask for personal information, insurance details and details of the incident or medical emergency. The claims form must be submitted within 30 days of your return.
Why should I consider Fast Cover?
- Simple and easy process. A major strength of Fast Cover is their fast and efficient service. With a claims team operating 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, customers can rest easy knowing support is just a phone call away.
- Worldwide emergency assistance. No matter if you’re travelling around Australia or around Europe, you will have unlimited access to emergency assistance. Fast Cover's 24/7 Worldwide Help Team are always available to take emergency calls from anywhere in the world.
- Diverse range of insurance policies. Fast Cover has a vast range of policies on offer ranging from standard to comprehensive features. There is cover for the singles, families and regular travellers. No matter if you’re bound for the snowy slopes or for a business trip, Fast Cover will have an insurance policy that suits your specific travel needs.
- Children can travel for free. If you’re travelling with children under the age of 21, they are covered free of charge under their parent or guardian’s insurance policy. This can save a lot of time and money, taking the stress out of planning family holidays.
I have some questions
Q. Why do I need travel insurance?
- A. Although we try and plan for everything before travelling overseas, sometimes the unexpected will happen. Travel insurance is a safety net for all those unwanted little surprises that we hoped wouldn’t happen, but sometimes do. Unfortunately, luggage can go missing, and our personal items can be stolen. To avoid any further inconvenience, travel insurance can cover your losses so that you’re not out of pocket. Also, think about what you would do if you got sick or injured in a foreign country – that is probably an expense no one would really account for. Travel insurance gives you peace of mind that you won’t be left in a mess of bills and lost goods if something does go wrong.
Q. If I am already overseas, can I still purchase travel insurance?
- A. Travel insurance must be bought prior to starting your trip while you are still in Australia. Applications for cover while your holiday has already begun will be rejected.
Q. When is the ideal time to buy travel insurance?
- A. As long as you purchase insurance before your departure, any time is suitable. The price will not fluctuate depending on how far in advance you apply for cover. You are able to purchase insurance any time up to 12 months before you leave. Since you can apply and receive your travel insurance with Fast Cover within minutes, you don’t have to plan too far ahead.
Q. What if I need to extend my cover?
- A. Fast Cover will extend insurance cover for free if your flight (or other form of transport) has been delayed, or if it is for a reason for which you can claim under your insurance policy (subject to written approval).
If you need to extend the cover for any other reason, you will have to pay for the extra time that you need. Just make sure that you apply for extension before the expiry date of the original policy.
Apply for Fast Cover Travel Insurance
Whether you’re going overseas for a week or a year, Fast Cover has the travel insurance for you. With a variety of policies to choose from, affordable prices and an easy and simple application process, Fast Cover can provide you with the security to give you peace of mind while you’re overseas. Their global emergency service guarantees your incidents will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Start comparing quotes today, and get covered with a reliable and efficient travel insurance policy.
Ask an Expert