Receive affordable, straightforward cover with the features you need with Easy Travel Insurance
Easy Travel Insurance is proudly Australian owned and operated, and provides Aussie travellers with top notch protection at affordable prices. Easy Travel Insurance is backed by QBE, who are one of the most reliable global reinsurers. With the backing of their 16,500 strong workforce in 52 countries, you can be safe in the knowledge that you will be able to get in contact with a trained representative 24/7/365.
Easy Travel Insurance have an array of policy options to fit all budgets and needs. Whether you’re after only the basics with the Elements Travel Insurance option or you want the comprehensive protection of the International Travel Insurance policy, Easy Travel Insurance has you covered.
- The Role and Importance of Having a Travel Insurance
- Easy Travel Insurance Policies
- What Are the Limitations of Easy Travel Insurance Policies?
- How to File a Claim With Easy Travel Insurance
- How to Choose the Most Suitable Easy Travel Insurance Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions About Easy Travel Insurance
- Apply for Easy Travel Insurance
The Role and Importance of Having a Travel Insurance Policy
If you’re planning an overseas adventure, the last thing you want is to think about if the ‘what if?’ What if I get sick? What if my luggage gets lost or stolen? What if your travel plans are interrupted by inclement weather? What if the rain keeps falling down? Unfortunately, these types of scenarios happen all too often, which is why travel insurance is so important.
Travel insurance acts as your safety net, your life preserver should you experience some kind of tragedy while you’re travelling.
When you are overseas, chances are your Australian health insurance will not cover you. The Australian government has just over a two handfuls of reciprocal healthcare agreements, so you can’t rely on being covered by Medicare either. Easy Travel Insurance provides protection for you and your family should you become sick or injured. Other cover includes:
- Costs associated with the cancellation or deferment of a holiday
- Expenses that are the result of emergency accommodation and travel arrangements
- Agents cancellation fees
- Medical and dental expenses
- Repatriation and non medical evacuation costs
- Travel delay
- Loss or delay of luggage
- Loss of personal effects
- Replacement costs of travel documents or passports
- Personal liability.
These are just general policy options and the level of coverage for each varies with the policy you take out, which is why it is important to understand the policy options available and to have thoroughly read the relevant product description statement (PDS).Back to top
Easy Travel Insurance Policies
Easy Travel Insurance provides a range of products to suit all budgets and needs. Whether you are a frequent flyer or just planning to plod around Australia, Easy Travel Insurance has you covered.
Annual Multi Trip Travel Cover
Annual Multi Trip Travel Cover from Easy Travel Insurance, provides annual cover for unlimited trips around Australia and the rest of the world, provided none of those trips exceed 60 days. This cover option is great value for those who travel a lot, be it for work or for pleasure, as it will save you money because you only need to buy one policy each year.
International Travel Insurance
International Travel Insurance provides Easy Travel Insurance customers with comprehensive care at an affordable price. This policy provides policyholders with cover for a multitude of situations including:
- unlimited trip cancellation
- unlimited dental and medical expenses
- $12,000 baggage protection
- $2,000 travel delay
- Unlimited repatriation
- $3,000,000 personal liability.
Elements Travel Insurance
If you are a traveller on a budget, you still need to have protection, which is why Easy Travel Insurance have their Elements Travel Insurance policy. While this policy is not as comprehensive as the International Travel Insurance, it will provide you with protection against many common travel concerns. The policy includes:
- $10,000 trip cancellation cover
- $10,000,000 dental expenses cover
- $10,000,000 medical expenses cover
- $3,000 baggage protection cover
- $ 1,000 travel delay cover
- $10,000,000 repatriation cover
- $1,000,000 personal liability cover.
Cruise Travel Insurance
Travelling on a cruise ship can be a great experience but it does have its own unique set of risks, which is why Easy Travel Insurance created the Cruise Travel Insurance. Cruise Travel Insurance is available to all Easy Travel Insurance policyholders who take out comprehensive International Travel Insurance.
Australian Travel Insurance
While you may think that you only need travel insurance when travelling overseas, there are situations when you will need it when travelling around Australia as well. Domestic travel presents a lot of the same risks that overseas trips do, which is why taking out Australian Travel Insurance is a wise decision. Australian Travel Insurance includes:
- $10,000 trip cancellation cover
- $10,000 emergency accommodation expenses or travel arrangements cover
- $10,000 evacuation cover
- $4,000 baggage protection cover
- $500 travel delay cover
- $300,000 personal liability cover
Inbound Travel Insurance
Inbound Travel Insurance is designed for non-Australian residents who are visiting Australia for work or pleasure. The policy cover includes:
- $20,000 trip cancellation
- $20,000 emergency accommodation expenses or travel arrangements
- $200,000 evacuation
- $4,000 baggage protection
- $1,200 travel delay
- $500,000 personal liability
Australian Cancellation Cover
Australian Cancellation Cover provides protection for travellers looking to cover non-refundable costs associated with accommodation, prepaid travel arrangements and or additional travel, within Australia.
Easy Travel Insurance also provides protection for school groups who are going on a trip or excursion. They provide cover for both domestic and international travel and cover includes:
Domestic Travel Plan
- $5,000 trip cancellation cover
- $10,000 emergency additional expenses cover
- $4,000 missed connection cover
- $2,500 baggage protection cover
- $300 travel delay cover
- $1,000,000 legal liability cover.
International Travel Plan
- $10,000 trip cancellation cover
- $25,000 emergency additional expenses cover
- $4,000 missed connection cover
- $5,000 baggage protection cover
- $500 travel delay cover
- $1,000,000 legal liability cover
Student Travel Insurance
If you are planning on heading overseas to study, either for an extended course or for a short term, you can tailor the level of coverage you need by choosing from the Easy Travel Insurance policies that are already available. Depending on the length of the course, whether you plan on travelling back and forth between the countries, and what kind of budget you have, you can choose between the Annual Multi Trip Travel Cover, International Travel Insurance and Elements Travel Insurance travel insurance policies.
Backpacker Travel Insurance
The most suitable policy option from Easy Travel Insurance available for backpackers is the Elements Travel Insurance policy. It provides protection for the essentials while not breaking the back.
Senior Travel Insurance
Retirement is a golden age, one where you have the time to go out and see the world. The problem is, some insurers will not provide cover for seniors. Easy Travel Insurance’s International Comprehensive Travel Plan has is available to travellers of all ages. However, if you are over 70 years of age, you will be required to answer some specific questions about your health before a policy will be issued.
Corporate Travel Insurance
All policy options provided by Easy Travel Insurance are suitable for corporate travel, which policy you choose to go for ultimately depends on your companies needs. As an added bonus, you can earn one frequent flyer point for every two dollars spent on eligible Easy Travel Insurance products.
Family Travel Insurance
Easy Travel Insurance provides family cover with most of its policy options. It’s important to check what is exactly covered. If you are travelling with your children it’s important to read the definition of who is classed as a child.
Online Travel Insurance
- Getting your policy has never been easier. You can book you insurance online with Easy Travel Insurance and take advantage of benefits including:
- Deals and savings on QBE products of to 35% off
- Knowing that you are buying products that are underwritten by QBE
- The ability to get in contact with a staff member should you need to.
What Are the Limitations of Easy Travel Insurance Policies?
Easy Travel Insurance provide comprehensive policies but they each have their limitations. These limitations include:
Annual multi trip
- The policy is available to Australian residents under the age of 70 at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued. The policy must be taken out prior to the commencement of the trip
- Covers both international and domestic travel.
- There is no limit on the amount of trips you can take during the 12 month cover period.
- Individual trips must not exceed 60 days.
- The policy cannot be purchased more than a year prior to the commencement of travel.
- Those with high risk medical conditions must complete a travellers medical appraisal form, which then needs to be approved by QBE before the Certificate of Insurance is issued.
- Certificate of Insurance needs to be issued before you commence your trip.
- You need to be in Australia when the certificate is issued.
- The policy is available to Australians of all ages and non-Australian residents under the age of 60.
- If you have a high risk medical condition must complete a travellers medical appraisal form, just as with the annual multi trip policy.
- Only available to Australian residents under the age of 65.
- Cover is not available for accompanying children.
- Policy does not cover snow activities.
- You will not be covered if you are on a cruise for more than four consecutive days.
- Policy does not cover pre-existing medical conditions, unless otherwise stated.
How to File a Claim With Easy Travel Insurance
Filing a claim with Easy Travel Insurance is a simple and straightforward process. if something does go wrong and you need to file a claim, you will need to provide the claim assistant with the following information:
- Policy number
- Contact details
- Travel details
- The circumstances surrounding your claim
- Any supporting evidence such as:
- Medical certificates
- Police reports
- Airline reports
- Contact details for the treating hospital and doctor
- Pertinent receipts.
As with any type of claim, it’s important to be patient, as these things can take time. Having all of the documentation applicable to the claim will help to speed the process along.Back to top
How to Choose the Most Suitable Easy Travel Insurance Policy
Choosing the right travel insurance policy can be hard. There are so many policy options available that it can be difficult to see the forest through the trees and find the right policy. There are some techniques that can help you find the right policy for you.
- Do your homework. Knowing the different types of options available will help you to make an informed decision, and also stop you from being swindled. Read the PDSs for various policies and make sure you know what exactly is being covered.
- Ask yourself simple questions. Where am I travelling to? What will I be doing while I am there? Do I have a pre-existing medical condition? As you go along answering these questions in your head, check them against the PDSs you have read.
- Buy your insurance direct. Once you have settled on a policy, buy it directly from the insurer. Avoid getting your insurance through a travel agent or airline as they will be making a heavy commision on that product.
Frequently Asked Questions About Easy Travel Insurance
Q. How do I purchase a policy online?
- A. Buying a policy online is simple with Easy Travel Insurance. You will need to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Home address
- Destination (s)
- Travel dates
- You can also supply your QANTAS frequent flyer number if you are a member.
Q. Can I extend my cover while overseas?
- A. Yes. The comprehensive international insurance policy can be extended from anywhere in the world for a maximum of 24 months. However, you can only extend the policy before it expires.
Q. Is there a cooling off period?
- A. Yes. You can cancel your policy within 21 days of receiving the certificate of insurance and get a full refund.
Q. What does ‘excess’ mean?
- A. An excess is an amount of money you have to pay when you make a claim on your policy. This applies to all claims except those where ‘no excess’ is specifically stated.
Q. How much does travel insurance cost?
- A. There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on various factors. These include:
- How long the trip is
- The type of cover
- Your age
- Your health
- Additional benefits
Apply for Easy Travel Insurance
Taking out cover with Easy Travel Insurance has many benefits. With Easy Travel Insurance you can gain instant cover by purchasing your policy online and get 24/7/365 help from QBE assist. Backed by one of the titans of insurance and reinsurance, QBE, you can travel safe with the knowledge that you will be protected throughout your journey.Back to top