AllClear Travel Insurance
Cover without a maximum age limit or any outright exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions with AllClear travel insurance.
Who is AllClear?
AllClear specialise in medical travel insurance. If you have a pre-existing condition, or have been excluded by other travel insurers for an illness or injury, check out AllClear's policies because they consider all conditions.
Get a quote for AllClear travel insurance and apply securely
Summary of AllClear's Gold Plus Cover
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$7,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||No age limit but if you are over 99 years old, you will need to call AllClear for a travel insurance quote.|
Table updated June 2020
Comparing AllClear travel insurance policies and benefits
|Benefit||Traveller||Gold Cover||Gold Plus Cover|
|Travel delay||$20 for the first 12 hours $10 for each 12 hours after up to $100||$20 for the first 12 hours. $10 for each 12 hours after up to $100||$20 for the first 12 hours. $10 for each 12 hours after up to $100|
|Permanent total disablement|
|Medical emergency expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Personal property||Up to $3,000||Up to $5,000||Up to $7,000|
|Personal public liability||$2,000,000||$2,000,000||$2,000,000|
|Home help or nanny||No cover||$300||$300|
Table updated June 2020
What policies do AllClear travel insurance offer?
The most comprehensive policy that AllClear offer. This policy has increased benefit allowances and a lower excess amount.
The second tier policy that still has a good amount of inclusions and benefit allowances but with a higher excess amount.
AllClear's most basic policy that allows you to be covered for your pre-existing medical condition but gives you lessened benefit allowances with a higher excess.
How AllClear travel insurance works
While there are no age limits, if you are over 99 years old, you will need to call AllClear for a travel insurance quote.
You will still need to clear any pre-existing medical conditions with AllClear prior to taking out cover, and you may be required to provide medical evidence. If there’s a significant likelihood that you will experience a health event related to that condition during your trip, you might still be declined.
Who can apply?
You cannot take out an AllClear travel insurance policy after departure, as it must be taken out in advance. It’s also only available to citizens or permanent residents of Australia, or non-permanent residents who have a valid Medicare card, private health fund or Overseas Student Health Cover in Australia.
What am I covered for?
You can enjoy a comprehensive level of cover with AllClear. Read below to see what's covered:
|Cover type||What it does|
|Cancellation cover||Reimburses you for prepaid travel expenses if you are unable to commence your trip due to unforeseen events, such as unexpected medical issues.|
|Curtailment cover||Reimburses you for prepaid travel expenses if you have to cut your trip short due to unforeseen events, such as your home in Australia burning down.|
|Missed departures and delays||Pays a benefit if your travel is disrupted due to unforeseen events, such as a car breaking down, which causes you to miss a connecting flight.|
|Personal accident and medical emergency cover||Reimburses you for the cost of necessary overseas treatment, repatriation or compensation for death or disability caused by an accident. The limit for medical emergencies is $15 million.|
|Baggage and personal property cover||Pays a benefit for baggage and personal property that has been lost, stolen or delayed.|
|Personal liability cover||Covers your legal expenses and legal liability in the event of you being held liable for another person’s injury or loss.|
|Home help and nanny||Pays up to $300 for home help if you are bedbound or need to be hospitalised immediately after your return to Australia.|
|Legal expenses cover||Pays for any legal costs incurred from recovering compensation from other parties that are responsible for your injury or death.|
|Insolvency cover||Pays up to $5,000 for unrecoverable prepaid travel and accommodation expenses in the event of a provider going bankrupt.|
Note that limits and conditions apply to each cover type. You should read the PDS to get more information about each cover type and the conditions that apply.
What other options are available with AllClear travel insurance?
If you’re going skiing or golfing then you’ll need to make sure you’ve got appropriate cover. You may not be covered for incidents on the snow or the green without it.
- Winter sports cover. Can cover loss or damage to ski gear and reimbursement for piste closure, and offers curtailment or cancellation cover for unrecoverable prepaid snowsports expenses.
- Golf cover. Can cover loss or damage to golf equipment and unrecoverable greens fees paid before your departure in the event of cancellation, and can pay out $100 if you hit a hole in one during an organised game.
What's not included?
AllClear can cover you wherever you are in the world, but there are certain conditions:
- Make sure you select the appropriate region. These range from domestic trips (region 1) to worldwide.
- When travelling to Antarctica, you are only covered for travelling on a cruise.
- Some countries are excluded outright, including Afghanistan, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, East Timor, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zimbabwe.
There are some other exclusions to be aware of. These are situations in which your AllClear policy won’t pay out. They include:
- No cover for deliberately self-inflicted harm.
- No cover for compulsory detainment as a psychiatric patient.
- No cover for snowsports without the ski cover extra.
- No cover for professional sports or dangerous pursuits, such as scuba diving at depths greater than 30m.
- No cover for riding a motorcycle, quad bike or similar vehicle with an engine capacity greater than 125cc, unless you’re wearing a helmet and the driver is appropriately licensed.
- No cover for manual work or performance of hazardous occupations while travelling.
- No cover for boating in international waters, except as a passenger on a commercial cruise liner.
- No cover for any involvement in reckless, malicious or criminal acts.
- No cover for any claim that involves you being denied boarding on a flight, train, sea vessel or bus for any reason.
- No cover for circumstances that, at the time of booking your trip, you could reasonably expect might lead to a claim.
- No personal liability cover for liability incurred while operating a motorised vehicle.
Pros and cons of AllClear Travel Insurance
- No age limits. You could be 120 years old and still be covered by AllClear.
- No pre-existing conditions are excluded outright. If you’re having trouble getting a policy with another provider, AllClear might be what you need.
- Comprehensive cover. AllClear offers comprehensive travel insurance
- Offers both single trip and annual multi-trip cover. Cover is available as a single trip policy if you’re making a one-off journey or as an annual multi-trip policy for frequent travellers.
- Policies can be pricier. Travellers with higher risk (i.e. pre-existing medical conditions) generally need to pay higher premiums, but the additional cost is worth the peace of mind knowing that you'll be covered (unlike a 'cheaper' policy that won't cover you for your medical condition while you're travelling).
- You need to fill out a long form before you see a price. While this may take you a few minutes, it's worth the time declaring all your medical conditions to know that you'll be covered.
Get a quote with AllClear
If this sounds like the right cover for you, get a quote from AllClear Travel Insurance today to get started.
AllClear travel insurance claims and contact details
Claims and contact details
Emergency contact number: +61 2 9333 3922
Making a claim via email: Allclearclaims@mapfre.com
General enquiries: +61 2 9333 3923
Ask an Expert