Allianz Travel Insurance
Planning a trip? Compare 4 levels of cover with Allianz travel insurance.
Travel with peace of mind knowing that you're covered by one of Australia's most well-known insurers. Allianz travel insurance offers four levels of cover with flexibility through add-on packs.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What policies do Allianz travel insurance offer?
Basic travel insurance
For those who are on a shoestring budget but still want some protection, this policy offers unlimited cover for emergency medical assistance overseas, as well as any medical and hospital expenses you may incur.
Domestic travel insurance
If you're only looking to roam as far as your backyard, Allianz offers an Australia only travel policy for any domestic adventurers, which covers you for travel delays, loss and damage of luggage and personal items, plus theft of cash and additional expenses.
Comprehensive travel insurance
Leave your worries behind with comprehensive travel insurance, a policy designed around peace of mind. Covering everything from your flight and rentals, delays and additional expenses to medical and dental emergencies, you can travel safe knowing that you're protected.
Multi-trip travel insurance
If you're a jetsetter and spend more of your time in the air than on the ground, this policy is designed with you in mind. Covering you for both international and domestic travel for 12 months with the features of a comprehensive policy. With an annual multi trip policy, you can choose your maximum trip durations to be 15, 30 or 45 days.
On top of these policy options, Allianz also tailors to who is travelling, whether it’s by yourself, as a couple or with your family. Each policy can offer the following cover:
- Single cover – Perfect if you’re flying solo.
- Duo cover – Give your companion the same peace of mind you have.
- Family plan – Extending protection to your spouse or de facto partner as well as any children and/or grandchildren under the age of 21.
Policy Type and Age Eligibility
|Policy Type||Age Eligibility|
|Comprehensive and domestic||All ages|
Table updated September 2019
Allianz travel insurance review and comparison
We've compared the benefits of Allianz travel insurance policies so you can decide which is the best policy for your trip.
|Overseas emergency medical assistance|
|Overseas emergency medical, hospital and dental expenses|
|Hospital cash allowance|
|Loss of income|
|Travel delay expenses|
|Alternative transport expenses|
|Luggage & personal effects|
|Luggage & personal effects delay expenses|
|Travel documents, transaction cards & traveller’s cheques|
|Theft of cash|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess|
Optional extras available with Allianz travel insurance?
- Adventure pack. The adventure pack is available as an extra with Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-Trip policies. It covers you for riskier sports and activities such as abseiling, outdoor rock climbing, hiking and more. Be sure to read the PDS before you add this pack though as some sports and activities might still not be covered at all.
- Cruise pack. If you're going on a cruise, you'll need to get the cruise pack or you won't be covered for claims related to cruise travel. The cruise pack includes medical cover while on the cruise, evacuation cover, cabin confinement, pre-paid shore excursion cancellation and more.
- Increased item limits. If you need a higher limit than the one your current plan offers, then you can get Increased Item Limit Cover for any valuable items you might be travelling with.
- Snow pack. If you're planning on going skiing when you travel, the snow pack provides cover for emergency rescue, hire as well as your own snow sport equipment, piste closure, bad weather closure and more.
What's not included in my policy?
General exclusions include:
- Travelling when you know you are unfit or against medical advice
- Failing to maintain a course of treatment while travelling
- Death, illness or injury from an existing condition (unless covered by your policy)
- Birth of a child or any pregnancy-related condition
- Treatment at a spa, nursing home or any rehabilitation centre unless agreed by Allianz
- Excess medical charges
- Any consequential loss or loss of enjoyment
- A loss caused by or in connection with a criminal or dishonest act
- Any loss caused by government intervention or regulation
- Failure to take precautions after a public warning of strike, riot, civil commotion or natural disaster
- Operating a rental vehicle in an illegal or dangerous manner
- Credit card conversion fees and other bank charges
What are my other options?
If you haven't found what you were looking for, here's a list of other brands that are underwritten by Allianz.
Other brands underwritten by Allianz
Allianz travel insurance claims and contact details
Claims and contact details
Making a claim online: Download and submit a claim form; www.travelclaims.com.au
Making a claim over the phone: 131 000
Emergency phone number: 1800 010 075
I have some questions about Allianz
Ask an Expert