Zoom Travel Insurance
Quote matching, quick cover and 24-hour help. Find out how Zoom Travel Insurance can cover your holiday.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Zoom Travel Insurance is all about the right level of cover at the most competitive prices possible. Simply pick your cover, then add whatever options you need. Zoom will price-match any comparable product, so you know you’re getting a deal. And if you’re living in Australia as a non-resident, or on a 457 visa, you can still get travel insurance with Zoom for a holiday. Almost everyone can find the cover they need with Zoom.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Zoom's Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$7,500|
|Maximum Age Limit||85|
Table updated July 2020
What travel insurance policies does Zoom offer?
You can pick up domestic cover to travel in Australia, or select one of the other four cover levels for international trips. After that, simply add whichever optional extras you need and leave off the ones you don’t. This way you aren’t paying for cover you don’t need.
- Covers non-residents: Non-residents of Australia can also get cover with Zoom Travel Insurance.
- No medical underwriting: Get covered quick. Zoom automatically covers a wide range of pre-existing medical conditions, while others are excluded.
- Optional cover: Don’t leave home without the most important cover, but don’t pay for what you don’t need.
- Price matching: Found a comparable policy at a better price? Zoom can match it.
|Feature||Medical Only||Standard||Comprehensive||Frequent Traveller||Domestic|
|24/7 emergency assistance|
|Overseas emergency medical expenses|
|Hospital cash allowance|
|Loss of income|
|Cancellation fees, lost deposits|
|Luggage and personal effects|
|Luggage delay expenses|
|Travel documents and transaction cards|
|Theft of cash|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess|
What additional cover options do I have?
Don’t pay for cover you don’t need. Simply add on the extra options as required.
|Snow sports overseas emergency medical assistance|
|Snow sports overseas medical expenses|
|Own snow sport equipment||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Snow sport equipment cover||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Snow ski pack||$750||$750||$750|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure||$750||$750||$750|
|Own golf equipment||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000|
|Golf equipment hire||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Golf green fees||$500||$500||$500||$500|
|Hole in one||$250||$250||$250||$250|
Bicycles aren’t covered under personal effects cover and are only covered through this optional extra. However, accessories like helmets and pumps are covered by the core personal effects part of the policy.
|Bicycles||Up to maximum of $15,000||Up to maximum of $15,000|
You must take this if you’re going on an ocean cruise for two nights or more during your trip.
- This extra extends your cover so that you’re covered while on board a cruise ship
- It’s available with all plans
- You don’t need it for inland cruises, river cruises or cruises that are only overnight
High-value items cover
You can purchase additional cover for specific items, up to a total of $5,000. These items must be specified, but you cannot specify:
- Watercraft other than surf boards
- Snow sports equipment
Bicycles can be specified, but you’ll still need to purchase the Bicycle Cover extra.
Sports and adventure pack
You are automatically covered for a range of activities, but you’ll need to add this optional extra to get covered for a wider range of riskier sports and adventure activities. This extra is not available with Medical Only cover. This pack covers you for trekking, contact sports, mountain biking, scuba diving, skydiving and more. Note that some conditions apply and you should check your PDS for more information.
This extra is not available with Medical Only cover and automatically included into the domestic plan with $5,000 cover limit. However, with the domestic plan, you have the option to increase the cover up to $8,000.
|$5,000 or $8,000||$5,000 or $8,000||$5,000 or $8,000|
What are the key exclusions to be aware of?
In order to make a claim you must:
- Generally act responsibly and take reasonable steps to prevent injury or loss. This includes doing things like reviewing your bookings and travel documents to make sure everything is in order
- Hold the appropriate Australian or relevant overseas driver’s licence when driving any vehicle. When riding or driving a motorcycle, moped or scooter, you’re only covered if the driver has a motorcycle licence
- Avoid areas the Australian Government has listed as “reconsider your need to travel” or “do not travel”
You cannot claim for:
- Any pre-existing condition except those which are automatically covered
- Anything resulting from medication you were on before your trip
- Any mental illness or sexually transmitted disease
- Any loss resulting from being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, except when taken as prescribed
- Anything on-snow unless you have the Snow Pack extra
- Anything on a cruise unless you have the Cruise Pack extra
Who can apply for Zoom Travel Insurance?
Unlike many other travel insurance providers, Zoom may still cover you if you’re not an Australian resident. If you’re in Australia on a 457 visa, or otherwise are not an Australian resident, you can get travel insurance with Zoom for trips around Australia or overseas. This will continue even after the abolition and replacement of 457 visa classes. Age limits apply, which vary between each cover type.
- Medical Only – Up to age 79 inclusive
- Standard – Up to age 79 inclusive
- Comprehensive – Up to age 85 inclusive
- Frequent Traveller – Up to age 69 inclusive
- Domestic – Up to age 85 inclusive
Special conditions for travellers age 80 to 85:
- You can only take out Comprehensive or Domestic plans
- There’s a maximum journey length of six months
- A $2,000 excess applies to all claims relating to injury or illness
How does Zoom cover pre-existing conditions?
Zoom Travel Insurance automatically covers many pre-existing medical conditions but automatically declines to cover any others. Find a complete list of the pre-existing conditions covered in the PDS. Note that even the specified conditions are only covered if:
- They have been stable for at least 12 months
- You have no planned surgery, treatment or specialist review for it
- You have not attended hospital to treat it in the last 12 months (doctor and GP visits are fine though)
You can still take out cover with other pre-existing conditions but will not be covered for anything relating to that condition.
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make a claim, the easiest way is to download a claim form online and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can mail it to Travel Claims Centre, PO Box 10930, Brisbane, Adelaide Street QLD 4000. You need to submit your claim within 30 days of your return to Australia.
More guides on Finder
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
We review LastPass' features and compare it to competitors.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
Best compact cameras in Australia 2020
These are the best compact cameras for travel, low light and shoppers on a budget as chosen by thousands of online customers.
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Home and kitchen appliance insurance can save you thousands if something goes wrong.
Get protection for your high-value electronics and whitegoods with home and kitchen appliance insurance.
Best cameras for video in Australia
These are the best video cameras available in Australia across 7 different categories.
Looking for garden insurance? The right home insurance policy can cover things like your ride-on mower, gazebo and some of your most prized plants.
Ask an Expert