Compare policies by Travel Insuranz and find how they can cover you on your next trip.
Falling ill in the middle of an overseas trip can be nerve-racking and financially devastating. Not many of us like to imagine such unfortunate events before a trip, but disaster can happen when you are least expecting it. Not having travel insurance in this scenario adds to your woes as you may not be prepared to bear the sudden expenses.
Who Underwrites Travel Insuranz?
Travel Insuranz is a trading name of Online Insurance Brokers Proprietary Limited. Online Insurance Brokers Proprietary Limited has been authorised by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s of London (Insurer) to act on its behalf in providing general advice, cancelling, varying, issuing, arranging and in relation to the Insurer’s travel insurance products. Online Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd issues certificates of insurance under a binding authority with Lloyd’s of London.
Travel Insurance Profile
Travel Insuranz is 100% Australian owned and it insures travellers with policies underwritten by one of the world’s specialist insurance brands, Lloyd’s of London, and provide round-the-clock medical assistance. It not only provides you with a 15-day money-back guarantee but also endeavours to pay all valid and fully documented claims within ten business days. Its online processing may be quicker and easier than other options. The Travel Insuranz team has provided travel insurance cover to over two million travellers and has paid out more than $30 million in claims.
It has different travel insurance covers to choose from and compare.
- Annual Travel Insurance: this cover is beneficial for people who travel more than twice a year. It is more affordable than more comprehensive policies, gives a year’s cover and you can cover you to travel as often as you want for up to three months for any one trip. A three-week snow sports cover is automatically included in this plan and if you buy it online you might save 20% more.
- Student Travel Insurance: all plans exceed the minimum requirements of the European Schengen visa as well as the US Exchange Student Travel Insurance. Student Travel Insurance covers 100 sports activities and provides medical cover up to $10 million.
- Flight Insurance and Holiday Insurance: these covers include cancellation expenses, overseas medical expenses and a range of other expenses to help ensure that you have a comfortable stay abroad.
Benefits of Travel Insuranz
With Travel Insuranz you can organise your cover online cover and buy travel insurance almost anytime and anywhere. It takes certain measures to provide you with high quality travel insurance at a lot less than one might expect. It only operates online so it saves money on expensive call centres. It also doesn’t provide cover for travellers over 65 years old as they may be more likely to generate more expensive claims. All this is done to ensure that you may be able to get your travel insurance cover at an affordable price, whether travelling for business or leisure.
It can not only provides you with medical insurance while travelling, but can also cover you for other instances such as when you lose your camera, your flight gets cancelled or you have to return home in case of an emergency.
If you have a query, want to change your details or require a quote, Travel Insuranz can be reached online. Your online transactions are secured with 128 bit SSL to encrypt data transferred between your browser and its server. It also provides a phone service in case of emergencies so you can speak to someone. Its service can have your proof of insurance certificate emailed to you shortly after you sign up.
Wherever you are travelling and whatever your needs are, Travel Insuranz may be able to provide a range of options which give you the right travel cover for your budget.
If you are a frequent traveller you may wish to opt for its Annual Travel Insurance plan but if you are studying abroad, there are Student Travel Insurance options. Its Flight Insurance and Travel Insurance can cover a range of expenses, to help you relax and have a wonderful time abroad.
Travel Insuranz Travel Insurance Benefits
Its range of covers is designed to suit all types of travellers, from families travelling short term to backpackers. Various cover features are included in its different travel insurance policies. Subject to the terms of your policy, you may be covered for:
- Cancellation Fees, Lost Deposits and Curtailment: you are covered if your trip is cancelled before departure or curtailed before completion because of an emergency.
- Overseas Medical Expenses: you are covered for necessary and reasonable costs incurred as a result of your bodily injury, illness or death during your trip.
- Personal Liability: you are covered up to the amount shown in the Schedule of Cover, plus legal costs incurred with its written consent, if you are held legally liable for causing bodily harm to someone or harm to his/her property.
- Missed Departure or Connection: if you arrive late at any departure point mentioned in your itinerary because of failure of public transport or a road accident, you will be covered for necessary additional accommodation and travel expenses that you incur in reaching your destination.
- Baggage and Personal Effects: you are covered after making reasonable allowance for wear, tear and depreciation for loss, theft or damage to your personal effects and valuables.
- Personal Money and Loss of Passport: you are covered for theft of personal money and theft, loss or damage to passport and visas.
- Legal Advice and Expenses: if you are pursuing a compensation claim from a third party who caused bodily harm or death, you will be covered for legal expenses incurred.
- Travel Delay and Abandonment of Trip: you are covered if the arrival of the public transport on which you are booked to travel is delayed by at least 12 hours.
- Personal Accident Benefit: if you have an accident while you are on your trip, which is the sole and independent cause of your death or bodily harm, you are covered in addition to any medical expenses claim paid under Section 2.
- Hospital Cash: you are covered for each complete 24-hour period spent receiving inpatient hospital treatment in a country outside your normal country of residence.
- Hijack Benefit: you are covered for each full 24-hour period that the public transport on which you are travelling is hijacked on the original pre-booked outward or return journey for a period in excess of 24 hours.
In addition to the above mentioned features other cover features include Catastrophe Cover, Car Rental Excess Waiver, Search and Rescue Expenses, Resumption of Trip, Travel Carrier Insolvency, Special Events, Withdrawal of Services, Domestic Services and Private Home Nursing.
Making a Travel Insuranz Travel Insurance Claim
Travel Insuranz strives to provide quick service for your claims. In case of any occurrence or loss you can obtain a claim form from the appointed claim handlers. You will be required to provide some basic information including your address, telephone number, policy reference number and a brief description as to the nature of the claim.
If you have had medical attention, you should pay for and obtain receipted accounts together with a certificate showing the nature of the injury or illness. Make sure that you notify the claim before 31 days after the expiry of the trip during which the claim occurred.
If your luggage is lost or damaged in the custody of a travel carrier such as an airline or bus company, you should notify the carrier service in writing immediately. However, if this is not possible, you should do so within three days of the loss or damage and also obtain a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) from them. In case of loss of money or personal baggage you must report it to the police within 24 hours of discovery and should obtain a written report. You should be able to provide a proof of ownership of personal belongings if requested.
Travel Insuranz provides round-the-clock assistance in case of emergencies, with its emergency helpline and email address. In case of any serious injury or illness on your trip abroad, which requires you to be admitted to a hospital as inpatient, you must notify its Assistance Service.