Compare policies Travel Insuranz and save on your next trip
Falling ill in the middle of an overseas trip can be nerve-racking and financially devastating. Not many of us like to imagine such unfortunate events before a trip, but disaster can happen when you are least expecting it. Not having travel insurance in this scenario adds to your woes as you may not be prepared to bear the sudden expenses.
Who Underwrites Travel Insuranz?
Travel Insuranz is a trading name of Online Insurance Brokers Proprietary Limited. Online Insurance Brokers Proprietary Limited has been authorised by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s of London (Insurer) to act on its behalf in providing general advice, cancelling, varying, issuing, arranging and in relation to the Insurer’s travel insurance products. Online Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd issues certificates of insurance under a binding authority with Lloyd’s of London.
Travel Insurance Profile
Travel Insuranz is 100% Australian owned and they insure their travel insurance policies through the world’s specialist insurance market, Lloyd’s of London, and provide round-the-clock medical assistance. They not only provide you with a 15-day money-back guarantee but also pay all valid and fully documented claims within ten business days. Their online processing is quick, easy and safe. Their Travel Insuranz team has provided travel insurance cover to over two million travellers and has paid out more than $30 million in claims.
They have different travel insurance covers to choose from and you take the one which suits you best.
- Annual Travel Insurance: this cover is beneficial for people who travel more than twice a year. It is cheaper, gives a year’s cover and you can travel as often as you want for up to three months for any one trip. A three-week snow sports cover is automatically included in this plan and if you buy it online you save 20% more.
- Student Travel Insurance: all plans exceed the minimum requirements of the European Schengen visa as well as the US Exchange Student Travel Insurance. Student Travel Insurance covers 100 sports activities and provides medical cover up to $10 million.
- Flight Insurance and Holiday Insurance: these covers include cancellation expenses, overseas medical expenses and a range of other expenses to ensure that you have a comfortable stay abroad.
Benefits of Travel Insuranz
Travel Insuranz organises your online cover in just a few minutes and enables you to buy travel insurance anytime and anywhere. They take certain measures to provide you with high quality travel insurance at a lot less than you might expect. They only operate online so they save money on expensive call centres. They also don’t provide cover for travellers over 65 years old as they often generate high claims. All this is done to ensure that you get your travel insurance cover at an affordable price whether you are travelling for business or leisure.
They not only provide you with medical insurance while travelling but also cover you for other instances such as when you lose your camera, your flight gets cancelled or you have to return home in case of an emergency.
If you have a query, want to change your details or require a quote they are just a click away. Your online transactions are secure as they have 128 bit SSL to encrypt data transferred between your browser and their server. They also provide a phone service in case of emergencies so you can sit back and relax as they take care of your expenses. Their quick and friendly service ensures that your proof of insurance certificate is emailed to you immediately.
Wherever you are travelling and whatever your needs are, Travel Insuranz has a range of options which give you the right travel cover for your budget.
If you are a frequent traveller you may wish to opt for their Annual Travel Insurance plan but if you are studying abroad you should choose Student Travel Insurance. Their Flight Insurance and Travel Insurance cover a range of expenses, so that you can relax and have a wonderful time abroad.
They use their expertise along with your feedback to provide you with the right insurance cover at an affordable price.
Travel Insuranz Travel Insurance Benefits
Their range of covers is designed to suit all types of travellers, from families travelling short term to backpackers. Various cover features are included in their different travel insurance policies.
- Cancellation Fees, Lost Deposits and Curtailment: you are covered if your trip is cancelled before departure or curtailed before completion because of an emergency.
- Overseas Medical Expenses: you are covered for necessary and reasonable costs incurred as a result of your bodily injury, illness or death during your trip.
- Personal Liability: you are covered up to the amount shown in the Schedule of Cover, plus legal costs incurred with their written consent, if you are held legally liable for causing bodily harm to someone or harm to his/her property.
- Missed Departure or Connection: if you arrive late at any departure point mentioned in your itinerary because of failure of public transport or a road accident, you will be covered for necessary additional accommodation and travel expenses that you incur in reaching your destination.
- Baggage and Personal Effects: you are covered after making reasonable allowance for wear, tear and depreciation for loss, theft or damage to your personal effects and valuables.
- Personal Money and Loss of Passport: you are covered for theft of personal money and theft, loss or damage to passport and visas.
- Legal Advice and Expenses: if you are pursuing a compensation claim from a third party who caused bodily harm or death, you will be covered for legal expenses incurred.
- Travel Delay and Abandonment of Trip: you are covered if the arrival of the public transport on which you are booked to travel is delayed by at least 12 hours.
- Personal Accident Benefit: if you have an accident while you are on your trip, which is the sole and independent cause of your death or bodily harm, you are covered in addition to any medical expenses claim paid under Section 2.
- Hospital Cash: you are covered for each complete 24-hour period spent receiving in-patient hospital treatment in a country outside your normal country of residence.
- Hijack Benefit: you are covered for each full 24-hour period that the public transport on which you are travelling is hijacked on the original pre-booked outward or return journey for a period in excess of 24 hours.
In addition to the above mentioned features other cover features include Catastrophe Cover, Car Rental Excess Waiver, Search and Rescue Expenses, Resumption of Trip, Travel Carrier Insolvency, Special Events, Withdrawal of Services, Domestic Services and Private Home Nursing.
Making a Travel Insuranz Travel Insurance Claim
Travel Insuranz leaves no stone unturned to provide you with a quick service for your claims. In case of any occurrence or loss you can obtain a claim form from the appointed claim handlers. You will be required to provide some basic information including your address, telephone number, policy reference number and a brief description as to the nature of the claim.
If you have had medical attention, you should pay for and obtain receipted accounts together with a certificate showing the nature of the injury or illness. Make sure that you notify the claim before 31 days after the expiry of the trip during which the claim occurred.
If your luggage is lost or damaged in the custody of a travel carrier such as an airline or bus company, you should notify the carrier service in writing immediately. However, if this is not possible, you should do so within three days of the loss or damage and also obtain a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) from them. In case of loss of money or personal baggage you must report it to the police within 24 hours of discovery and should obtain a written report. You should be able to provide a proof of ownership of personal belongings if requested.
Travel Insuranz provides round-the-clock assistance in case of emergencies, with their emergency helpline and email address. In case of any serious injury or illness on your trip abroad, which requires you to be admitted to a hospital as in-patient, you must notify their Assistance Service.