Travel Insurance Saver
Want a quick and easy option? Choose from 3 Travel Insurance Saver policies.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Travel insurance saver's most comprehensive travel insurance policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation or holiday deferment costs||$5,000 - Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$12,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||No age limit|
Compare Travel insurance saver policy benefits
Here are the features available with travel insurance saver's three main policies.
|Excess||$250 or $150||$250, $150 ot $0||$250, $150 or $0|
|Cancellation or holiday deferment costs||$2,500||$2,500 to $40,000||$5,000 to Unlimited|
|Emergency travel arrangements and accommodation expenses||$5,000||$15,000||Unlimited|
|Emergency internet/telephone sub-limit||$250||$250||$250|
|Overseas medical expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Dental expenses due to sudden and acute pain||$1,000||$1,000||$1,000|
|Medical evacuation and repatriation||$250,000||$500,000||Unlimited|
|Emergency expenses to avoid disaster||$1,000||$1,000||$1,000|
|Early return home||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000|
|Luggage and personal effects maximum limit||$2,000||$5,000||$12,000|
|Personal computer, camera, video individual item limit||$250||$500||$4,000|
|Other individual item limit||$250||$500||$700|
|Replacement passports and travel documents||$500||$1,000||$3,000|
|Funeral expenses overseas||$15,000||$15,000||$25,000|
|Agents cancellation fees sub-limit||$2,000||$2,000|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess||$2000+||$5,000+|
|Return of rental vehicle||$750||$750|
|Accompanying children sub-limit||$1,000 per child||$1,000 per child|
|Financial default of travel providers||$3,500||$10,000|
|Post hospital accommodation||$500|
|Critical illness or injury – emergency travel expenses for a friend or relative sub-limit||$20,000|
|Home services sub-limit||$500|
|Missed connection – special events||$2,000|
|Resumption of trip||$3,000|
|Emergency accommodation due to terrorism||$3,000|
|Hiring replacement golf and surf equipment||$200|
|Fraudulent use of credit or debit cards||$3,000|
|Total permanent disability||$12,500|
|Loss of income||$10,000|
Does Travel Insurance Saver cover cruises?
Yes. You can add-on insurance called Cruise Cover. This means you'll be covered for all of the standard cruising issues including;
- Onboard medical and dental cover
- Ship to shore medical cover
- Cabin confinement
- Missed port
- Missed shore excursions
- Sea sickness cover
Does Travel Insurance Saver cover pre-existing medical conditions?
Travel insurance saver's comprehensive cover automatically includes 40 pre-existing medical conditions - including diabetes (type 1 and 2) asthma, cataracts and more. Keep in mind that you might be excluded if you condition has worsened recently.
If your condition isn't listed, you can request to have your medical condition assessed, that is if you want it covered. You can do this by completing an existing medical condition (EMC) form online. No payment details are required to complete the EMC form.
If you receive cover for a specified medical condition, an additional excess may also apply to each occurrence relating to your specified medical condition, should you need to claim. This additional excess will also be shown on your Certificate of Insurance.
Are there add-ons available?
Yes. Travel insurance saver offers a range of add-on options, including cover for:
- Snow Sports
- Multi Trips
- Specific medical Conditions
- $0 Excess
- Altitude Limits
What's not covered by Travel Insurance Saver
All travel insurers have some exclusions – and most of the time they're very similar – but you should always read your PDS carefully to ensure nothing important is excluded. Here are a few key things Travel insurance saver will not cover you for:
- Claims as a result of travel even though you know you are unfit to travel, or went against medical advice, or without complying with a directive, recommendation, or warning from the World Health Organisation.
- Travelling or planning to travel to a country or region that is the subject of a 'Do not travel' warning issued by the Australian Government.
- A loss under the Annual Multi Trip Plan which occurs in excess of 45 days of any trip.
- Credit card conversion fees or any other bank charges.
- Any claims that resulted from recklessness
- Any illegal or malicious act by you or the insured party
- A government authority seizing, withholding or destroying anything of yours or any prohibition by or regulation or intervention of any government or any government not allowing you to enter or to stay in that country.
This list is not exhaustive, so be sure to read your PDS before buying a policy for a full breakdown of what is and isn't covered.
How do I contact Travel Insurance Saver?
- For international assistance. Call +61 3 8523 2800 if you're outside of Australia, 1300 555 019 if you're in Australia, or you can email at email@example.com.
- For customer support. Call 03 99427 9224 (available Monday to Saturday from 8am to 7pm).
- For claims. You can make a claim online, by phone, email or by post.
- Claim online here, https://www.nibtravelinsurance.com.au/claims#submit
- By phone, 1300 353 176 (within Australia) or +61 2 202 0508 (from abroad)
- By email at, firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post by sending all documentation to; nib Travel Claims Department, PO Box A975, Sydney South, NSW 1235, Australia
More guides on Finder
Best raincoats and rain jackets in Australia
We’ve found the nine best raincoats and rain jackets you can buy in Australia right now.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
6 best rooftop tents for camping in Australia
These are the six best rooftop tents you can buy right now in Australia.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
Does home insurance cover hearing aids?
Want hearing aid insurance? Home insurance is the answer.
Best foundation for mature skin in Australia
We read hundreds of customer reviews to find the best foundations for mature skin you can buy online and in-store in Australia.
Best self-help books in Australia
These are the 6 best self-help books you can buy right now in Australia.
Ask an Expert