Travel Insurance Saver
Find out how Travel Insurance Saver may help protect you in the event of flight cancellations, accident, baggage claims and more.
Get a quote for a range of Travel Insurance Saver policies
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Who is Travel Insurance Saver?
Travel Insurance Saver is an online agent offering travel insurance at discounted rates. The Australian-owned and -operated Travel Insurance Saver is backed by Lloyds, which is one of the top* 25 reinsurers worldwide. nib travel insurance provides policyholders cover for events such as:
- dental or medical emergencies
- damaged or stolen luggage
- emergency evacuation
- pre-trip information
- emergency and medical assistance worldwide
- simple and easy online claims system.
- International Comprehensive
- Annual Multi-Trip
Why consider Travel Insurance Saver?
The company provides a range of benefits to customers to help ensure that they enjoy their trips.
- Travel Insurance Saver offers a range of nib products that are displayed once you have entered your travel details. Pick and choose the right policy for you. Choose from comprehensive, value conscious or annual multi-trip policies that fit your needs. Whatever your travel arrangements are, Travel Insurance Saver will ensure that you have peace of mind when travelling.
- Comprehensive policies go beyond providing basic travel cover. These can help take care of your luggage, as well as the costs related to cancelling or amending your trip, taking emergency transport, and even accommodation and medical transport in case you get sick or injured while travelling.
- nib International Assistance is a worldwide medical and emergency assistance team of trained medical experts and insurance specialists who are available at any time, and from anywhere in the world, to assist travellers.
- The comprehensive cover options can give you great peace of mind knowing that experienced support is available should something go wrong.
- You can buy travel insurance online and save.
- You are able to access worldwide special offers to help you save on your cover.
- nib policyholders are able to lodge their travel insurance claims at any time of day, thanks to nib's online claim system.
What are the different policies on offer?
Travel Insurance Saver may allow you to save your hard-earned money with its customised insurance plans and makes sure that you are only provided with the cover that you actually need. Below is a summary of the different policies offered by Travel Insurance Saver.
This is a comprehensive plan for infrequent travellers. Benefits include:
- Unlimited coverage for:
- The cost of holiday deferment and/or cancellation
- The cost of emergency accommodation or travel arrangements
- Dental and medical expenses
- Costs associated with repatriation and evacuation
- In the event of sudden and/or acute dental-related pain, $1,000 cover for dental expenses may be provided
- In the event that luggage is damaged or lost the policy can cover costs of up to $12,000
- Personal liability cover of $3,000,000
The Essentials Travel Plan might be ideally suited for travellers who are lucky enough to have family members or friends living in the destination they intend to visit and are planning on staying with them. The benefits include:
- Unlimited medical and dental expenses
- Luggage cover of $2,000
- Personal liability cover of $1,000,000.
This plan may be a suitable option for frequent travellers. This cover allows policyholders to save time and money by taking out an annual plan rather than purchasing a new policy for each individual trip. Other benefits include:
- Unlimited cover for:
- Cancellation and holiday deferment
- Emergency travel arrangements and accommodation expenses
- Medical and dental expenses overseas
- Evacuation and repatriation
- Luggage cover of $15,000
- Personal liability cover of $2,500,000.
The Essentials Travel Plan might also be suitable for those staying with family or friends overseas. This is a pared-down policy that provides cover for you luggage and medical.
The nib Australia Travel Plan provides those travellers wanting to explore their own backyard with a comprehensive domestic travel insurance policy option. The benefits covered under this plan include:
- $10,000 cover for cancellation and deferment costs
- Unlimited cover for evacuation and repatriation
- Luggage cover of $5,000
- Personal liability cover of $300,000.
This policy is designed to cover non-residents that are travelling overseas and those inbound to Australia. The policies benefits include:
- $20,000 cover for cancellation and deferment costs
- $200,000 cover for evacuation and repatriation
- Luggage cover of $4,000
- Personal liability cover of $500,000.
|Cover||International Comprehensive||Bare Essentials||Annual Travel Insurance||Essentials||Domestic||Inbound|
|Emergency travel expenses||Unlimited||$5,000||Unlimited||$15,000||$10,000||$20,000|
|Agent cancellation fees||$2,000||$1,500||$2,000||$1,500||$2,000||$2,000|
|Dental for acute and sudden pain||$1,000||$1,000||$1,000||$1,000||$1,000*||n/a|
|Loss of income||$10,000||n/a||$10,000||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Repatriation of remains||$25,000||$15,000||$25,000||$15,000||$5,000||$6,000|
*Medical cover pay not be available while travellers are able to receive Medicare benefits, or are otherwise in Australia and able to access medical services in the country. Cover is for medical and dental expenses is for those which are incurred onboard a cruise ship in Australian waters. Dental cover only available due to sudden and acute pain.
+$10,000 limit applies to travellers 60 years and over at the time the Certificate of Insurance
What are the benefits?
Getting travel insurance from Travel Insurance Saver can help you access different types of cover for different situations. You are requested to refer to the Product Disclosure Statement to view detailed benefits. Here are some of the benefits that the company provides:
Evacuation and repatriation
Travel Insurance Saver will cover you if you have to interrupt your trip after it has begun because you have suffered an illness or injury while you are on your trip, and in its opinion you need to be evacuated or repatriated. It will pay expenses which it believes are reasonable and necessary to bring you back to your home in Australia or to another destination of your choice.
Extra travel cover
The insurer may cover you if your scheduled public transport from or within Australia or overseas, in respect of any individual leg of your trip, is delayed for at least six hours for a reason outside your control, and for each subsequent 24 hours (or part of that time) from the original departure time.
Rental vehicle expenses
Policies may cover you for the rental vehicle insurance excess, or the cost of repairing the vehicle, whichever is the lesser, if you rent a vehicle from a rental company which is damaged by accident, storm, fire or theft, and you are a nominated driver on the Rental Vehicle Agreement.
How do I make a claim?
While insurance is there to protect you in the event that something does go wrong, it doesn’t mean that you are completely absolved from your obligation to take care of yourself and your belongings while travelling. If something happens and you are forced to lodge a claim you must:
- Notify your insurance company as soon as reasonably possible
- Make sure you provide the insurance company with any and all pertinent documentation including, notifications, letters, forms, medical documents, luggage receipts, rental agreements and quotes
- Make no admissions of guilt, offers or promises of payment, or undertake legal action without the consent of the insurance company
- Obtain all medical documentation from the treating physician if the cause of claim is the result of a medical condition
- Inform the authorities, within 24 hours, if an item is lost, stolen or damaged and obtain a police report that would allow the company to verify your claim
- Report the damage or loss of luggage (in writing) within three days to the commercial carrier and keep a record of all communications between you and said carrier.
Ask an Expert