World2Cover travel insurance
Heading overseas? Compare World2Cover Travel Insurance and see if it's right for you.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
With wide protection for the mishaps that might take place while you’re on holidays (or before you even board a plane), World2Cover has four policies so you only pay for what you need. Plus, kids and grandkids under 25 travelling with you are included for free.
World2Cover travel insurance deals
Compare travel insurance from World2Cover
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of World2Cover's Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||75|
Table updated November 2020
Finder’s favourite features
1. Get cheaper travel insurance for your family with kids up to 25 years old covered for free
2. Avoid out-of-pocket costs with the option to reduce your excess to $0
3. Easy comparison of policies with only three levels of cover for international travel
What type of policies does World2Cover offer?
World2Cover’s most comprehensive level of cover. This includes cover for medical and dental costs and lost luggage compensation, as well as special event cover and rental vehicle excesses.
This is a slightly scaled-down version of Top cover, with unlimited medical cover, but lower maximum limits on most benefits.
The simplest form of cover on offer. Provides unlimited medical expenses, some luggage replacement cover, and legal liability, but few other features.
This policy is similar to what you’d receive under the Essentials plan, while excluding medical and hospital expenses.
World2Cover review of benefits
We’ve summarised the four policies you can obtain from World2Cover in the table below, with the benefits each one provides.
|Overseas medical + hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Funeral expenses overseas||$20,000/person||$15,000/person||$10,000/person|
Table updated November 2020
What options can I add on to my World2Cover travel insurance?
With Domestic, Essential or Top travel insurance, you have the choice of additionally purchasing the ski and winter sports package. For an added premium, you will receive cover for:
- Equipment hire and equipment replacement, as well as lost lift pass replacement costs.
- Travel passes, ski hires and similar you can’t use the full duration of due to illness or injury.
- Piste closures, bad weather, and avalanches.
What won’t be covered by my policy?
Before purchasing any insurance plan, you should always take careful note of the specific exclusions that apply to each policy. In general, however, World2Cover will never honour a claim if:
- You are deemed to be acting irresponsibly at the time of the incident, or if you or a travelling companion are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You are doing something illegal or breaking any regulation or law when the issue arises.
- You’re driving a vehicle without the proper licence for the country you’re in, or are a passenger on a motorcycle or similar with someone unlicensed driving.
- You went ahead with travel plans despite official warnings from the government or mass media.
- Your claim relates to a pre-existing medical condition you either did not inform World2Traveller about or which wasn’t approved.
- You were participating in risky sports or activities (e.g. mountaineering, rodeos).
How do I contact World2Cover?
Emergency response: +612 8055 1683
Start your claim online: https://webapps.tokiomarine.com.au/WTCC/Account/Register
General enquiries: +61 2 9225 7599
More guides on Finder
The best PlayStation 2 games of all time
Sony’s PlayStation 2 changed the gaming world back in the year 2000, but right now, what are the must-have and must-play games on the platform?
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
Best self-help books in Australia
These are the 6 best self-help books you can buy right now in Australia.
Find out the key points of LawDepot’s legal contract generator to see if it's right for your needs.
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
How much do dentures cost in Australia?
Find out how much dentures cost in Australia and how you can get cover with mid-level health insurance.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
Ask an Expert