World2Cover travel insurance
Heading overseas? Compare World2Cover Travel Insurance and see if it's right for you.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
With wide protection for the mishaps that might take place while you’re on holidays (or before you even board a plane), World2Cover has four policies so you only pay for what you need. Plus, kids and grandkids under 25 travelling with you are included for free.
Compare travel insurance from World2Cover
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of World2Cover's Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||75|
Table updated June 2020
Finder’s favourite features
1. Get cheaper travel insurance for your family with kids up to 25 years old covered for free
2. Avoid out-of-pocket costs with the option to reduce your excess to $0
3. Easy comparison of policies with only three levels of cover for international travel
What type of policies does World2Cover offer?
World2Cover’s most comprehensive level of cover. This includes cover for medical and dental costs and lost luggage compensation, as well as special event cover and rental vehicle excesses.
This is a slightly scaled-down version of Top cover, with unlimited medical cover, but lower maximum limits on most benefits.
The simplest form of cover on offer. Provides unlimited medical expenses, some luggage replacement cover, and legal liability, but few other features.
This policy is similar to what you’d receive under the Essentials plan, while excluding medical and hospital expenses.
World2Cover review of benefits
We’ve summarised the four policies you can obtain from World2Cover in the table below, with the benefits each one provides.
|Overseas medical + hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Funeral expenses overseas||$20,000/person||$15,000/person||$10,000/person|
Table updated June 2020
What options can I add on to my World2Cover travel insurance?
With Domestic, Essential or Top travel insurance, you have the choice of additionally purchasing the ski and winter sports package. For an added premium, you will receive cover for:
- Equipment hire and equipment replacement, as well as lost lift pass replacement costs.
- Travel passes, ski hires and similar you can’t use the full duration of due to illness or injury.
- Piste closures, bad weather, and avalanches.
What won’t be covered by my policy?
Before purchasing any insurance plan, you should always take careful note of the specific exclusions that apply to each policy. In general, however, World2Cover will never honour a claim if:
- You are deemed to be acting irresponsibly at the time of the incident, or if you or a travelling companion are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You are doing something illegal or breaking any regulation or law when the issue arises.
- You’re driving a vehicle without the proper licence for the country you’re in, or are a passenger on a motorcycle or similar with someone unlicensed driving.
- You went ahead with travel plans despite official warnings from the government or mass media.
- Your claim relates to a pre-existing medical condition you either did not inform World2Traveller about or which wasn’t approved.
- You were participating in risky sports or activities (e.g. mountaineering, rodeos).
How do I contact World2Cover?
Emergency response: +612 8055 1683
Start your claim online: https://webapps.tokiomarine.com.au/WTCC/Account/Register
General enquiries: +61 2 9225 7599
More guides on Finder
As Australia reopens, don’t forget travel insurance
Travel insurance isn't just for overseas trips.
Life insurance for 35-year-olds
Compare life insurance policies for 35-year-olds
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
Wi-Fi Internet plans
WiFi plans come with a modem so you can get connected to the Internet at home ASAP. Compare plans here.
Life insurance for new parents
We talk you through life insurance options for new parents.
Coles Roadside Assistance
Coles Roadside Assistance – affordable cover with your car insurance. Is it right for you?
What is life insurance?
Not sure what life insurance is? We take you through the basics of life insurance with our easy to understand guide.
Queensland’s NSW and ACT travel ban: Everything you need to know
Had a trip to Queensland planned? We've got you covered on what to do next.
Life Insurance for Farmers
Are you a farmer? See how life insurance for farmers can protect you and your family.
How does life insurance work?
All your questions about life insurance answered. Find out how life insurance works and how to get the right cover for you.
Ask an Expert