World2Cover travel insurance review
A low standard excess payment and up to $25,000 in cancellation cover are just two reasons to consider World2Cover travel insurance ahead of your next Oz trip.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
- If you're planning a trip within Australia, you can enjoy up to $25,000 in trip cancellation cover. This is more than twice as much as competitors such as Amex and Cover-More.
- The domestic policy's standard excess of $100 is lower than over 50 per cent of the quotes on our site. Plus, the 25% sign up discount is one of the best deals around in our view.
- World2cover wasn't one of the five travel insurance providers we found that offered some kind of cover for coronavirus-related expenses.
Review by our life insurance senior writer James Martin
World2Cover travel insurance deals
Compare World2Cover Travel Insurance and see if it's right for you.
Compare Policies from World2Cover
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Summary of World2Cover's Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||75|
Table updated November 2020
Finder’s favourite features
1. Get cheaper travel insurance for your family with kids up to 25 years old covered for free
2. Avoid out-of-pocket costs with the option to reduce your excess to $0
3. Easy comparison of policies with only three levels of cover for international travel
What type of policies does World2Cover offer?
World2Cover’s most comprehensive level of cover. This includes cover for medical and dental costs and lost luggage compensation, as well as special event cover and rental vehicle excesses.
This is a slightly scaled-down version of Top cover, with unlimited medical cover, but lower maximum limits on most benefits.
The simplest form of cover on offer. Provides unlimited medical expenses, some luggage replacement cover, and legal liability, but few other features.
This policy is similar to what you’d receive under the Essentials plan, while excluding medical and hospital expenses.
World2Cover review of benefits
We’ve summarised the four policies you can obtain from World2Cover in the table below, with the benefits each one provides.
|Overseas medical + hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Funeral expenses overseas||$20,000/person||$15,000/person||$10,000/person|
Table updated November 2020
What options can I add on to my World2Cover travel insurance?
With Domestic, Essential or Top travel insurance, you have the choice of additionally purchasing the ski and winter sports package. For an added premium, you will receive cover for:
- Equipment hire and equipment replacement, as well as lost lift pass replacement costs.
- Travel passes, ski hires and similar you can’t use the full duration of due to illness or injury.
- Piste closures, bad weather, and avalanches.
What won’t be covered by my policy?
Before purchasing any insurance plan, you should always take careful note of the specific exclusions that apply to each policy. In general, however, World2Cover will never honour a claim if:
- You are deemed to be acting irresponsibly at the time of the incident, or if you or a travelling companion are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You are doing something illegal or breaking any regulation or law when the issue arises.
- You’re driving a vehicle without the proper licence for the country you’re in, or are a passenger on a motorcycle or similar with someone unlicensed driving.
- You went ahead with travel plans despite official warnings from the government or mass media.
- Your claim relates to a pre-existing medical condition you either did not inform World2Traveller about or which wasn’t approved.
- You were participating in risky sports or activities (e.g. mountaineering, rodeos).
How do I contact World2Cover?
Emergency response: +612 8055 1683
Start your claim online: https://webapps.tokiomarine.com.au/WTCC/Account/Register
General enquiries: +61 2 9225 7599
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert