1Cover Travel Insurance
1Cover Travel Insurance has a policy for almost everyone, even if you’re already overseas.
With over 1.5 million customers, 1Cover are among the most well-known insurers in Australia. Some of the benefits of 1Cover travel insurance includes emergency assistance anywhere in the world, free cover for the kids, no age limits and cover for pre-existing medical conditions. Check out 1Cover's options to see if they've got a policy that works for you.
Compare travel insurance quotes from 10+ brands
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of 1Cover's Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||130|
Table updated February 2020
1Cover travel insurance policy options
Comprehensive/ Frequent Traveller
Domestic/ Frequent traveller domestic
1Cover travel insurance review of benefits
|Benefit||Comprehensive/ Frequent traveller||Essentials||Medical only||Domestic/ Frequent traveller domestic||Already overseas|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Credit card fraud and replacement||$5,000||$1,000||$5,000|
|Theft of cash||$250||$250|
|Luggage and personal effects||$15,000||$5,000||$15,000||$15,000|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses||$50,000||$50,000||$50,000|
|Cancellation fees & lost deposits||Unlimited||$2,500||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Disruption of journey||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
Are there any additional options?
1Cover offers 5 different add-on packs to give your travel insurance policy more flexibility. Not all plans are eligible to add on these packs.
- Cruise pack. Get cover for your trip along the seas. This pack includes cruise specific cover for things like missed port connections and cancelled prepaid shore excursions.
- Winter sports pack. A must if you’re trip involves things like skiing or snowboarding. Get cover for unexpected accidents on the slopes and if you need emergency evacuation. This is only available for those 64 years and under.
- Choose your excess. All policies have a standard $200 excess which will be an out-of-pocket expense if you need to make a claim. This excess can be reduced to $100 buy paying extra on your policy.
- Increase your rental vehicle excess cover. If your policy includes rental car excess cover, you can increase the cover amount for a bit more money.
- Cover for high value items. If you’re travelling with expensive gear, it could be a good idea to take out extra cover in case your item is lost, stolen or damaged.
This is how 1Cover covers pre-existing medical conditions when you travel:
- Automatically covered conditions. You are automatically covered for these conditions.
- Excluded conditions. No cover for these conditions at all.
- Everything else. You may be able to get cover, but you must declare your condition.
What exclusions apply to 1Cover travel insurance?
1Cover Travel Insurance has some general exclusions listed in the product disclosure statement that you should be clear on. This includes:
- If the policyholder does not take care to act responsibly to protect themselves and their property and to avoid making a claim.
- If the policyholder does not do everything in their power to avoid a loss.
- If the policyholder makes any claims arising from illegal behaviour.
1Cover travel insurance claim and contact information
Claims and contact details
Emergency contact details: (+) 61 2 8776 3010
- Provide all the information requested as well as any necessary additional info.
- Await claim assessment.
- Successful claims will be paid out in Australian dollars.
Making a claim online: Visit https://www.1cover.com.au/claims/making-a-claim/ and follow the prompts
Making a claim via post:Post your completed form and supporting documents to:
PO BOX 386
Archerfield Business Centre
1300 859 487
Any more questions about 1Cover travel insurance?
You might like these...
Ask an Expert