Planning a trip? Compare travel insurance policies from 1Cover and apply securely online.
Whether you're exploring Australia or the rest of the world, 1Cover has several travel insurance policies to suit your budget. Over one million customers have chosen 1Cover for their travel insurance. Options are available for travellers with pre-existing medical conditions too. Best of all, you'll be able to relax and enjoy your holiday knowing that you're covered for unforeseeable circumstances.
Compare travel insurance policies from One Cover
Who underwrites 1Cover?
1Cover Pty Ltd ABN 91 105 954 265, is an authorised representative of Coffre-Fort Pty Limited ABN 66 125 358 518, AFS Licence No. 472457. 1Cover Travel Insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's of London.
Whether you're a senior traveller looking for cover an upcoming holiday cruise or twenty-something thrill-seeker about to hit the slopes, you should be able to find a suitable policy with 1Cover’s range of travel products.
The Overseas Travel Cover policy is available to single travellers, groups and families. There are three levels of cover to choose from:
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses cover||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses||Yes||No||No|
|Family emergency cover||Yes||No||No|
|Emergency companion cover||Yes||No||No|
|Resume journey cover||Yes||No||No|
|Hospital cash allowance||Yes||No||No|
|Accidental death cover||Yes||No||No|
|Loss of income||Yes||No||No|
|Credit card fraud replacement||Yes||Yes||No|
|Travellers documents and traveller's cheques||Yes||No||No|
|Theft of cash||Yes||No||No|
|Luggage and personal effect||Yes||Yes||No|
|Luggage and personal effect delay expenses||Yes||No||No|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Yes||No||No|
|Disruption of journey||Yes||No||No|
|Alternative transport expenses||Yes||No||No|
|Rental vehicle excess||Yes||No||No|
Just because your trip away is within Australia is no reason to neglect taking out cover. 1Cover provides domestic insurance to single travellers, groups and families.
|Family emergency cover||Yes|
|Accidental death cover||Yes|
|luggage and personal effect||Yes|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Yes|
|Disruption of journey||Yes|
|Rental vehicle excess||Yes|
Multi-Trip insurance can be a great option if you travel regularly each year as you can be covered for each trip under the single policy, saving both time taking out a policy for each trip and money. Key Features of the Multi-Trip Plan are:
- Can be taken out over a 12 month period
- Unlimited number of journeys in 12 month period
- Single or family cover options
- Maximum period of travel cannot exceed 90 days. This applies to both business and leisure trips
- Traveller must be under 64 years of age
If you are travelling to Australia for your next trip, you might find 1Cover's Australia Visitor Cover to be a suitable option.
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||Yes|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses cover||Yes|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses||Yes|
|Family emergency cover||Yes|
|Emergency companion cover||Yes|
|Accidental death cover||Yes|
|Luggage and personal effect||Yes|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Yes|
|Rental vehicle excess||Yes|
Can I get ski travel insurance?
1 Cover offers ski protection so you can enjoy your trip away knowing you are protected should anything happen.
What snow benefits 1Cover Ski Travel Cover provide?
Along with the standard travel insurance features you'll get with your policy, ski travel cover also provides you with:
|Snow skiing hire equipment||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Cover may vary depending on the policy, and conditions will apply for each benefit provided, so it is essential to review your PDS closely before applying.
Protect expensive items on your trip with specified luggage and personal effects cover.
You have the option to take out additional cover for specified and unspecified items. Specified items are those that are listed on the certificate of insurance and unspecified items refer to luggage and other personal effects that have not been listed.
What is the maximum limit for expensive items?
Additional cover can be purchased to a maximum of $5,000. This additional cover will incur a premium loading and excludes jewellery, bicycles and watercraft apart from surfboards.
|Comprehensive and domestic||80|
|Essentials and basics||74|
This is how 1Cover covers pre-existing medical conditions when you travel:
- Automatically covered conditions. You are automatically covered for these conditions.
- Excluded conditions. No cover for these conditions at all.
- Everything else. You may be able to get cover, but you must declare your condition.
What conditions are automatically covered?
- Benign positional vertigo
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Coeliac disease (gluten intolerance)
- Diabetes (Type 1 & 2)*
- Folate deficiency
- Graves' disease
- High cholesterol*
- High blood lipids*
- Hypertension or high blood pressure*
- Nocturnal cramps
- Pernicious anaemia
- Sleep apnoea
- Trigger finger
- Bell's palsy
- Congenital blindness
- Dry eye syndrome
- Gastric reflux*
- Hiatus hernia
- Impaired glucose tolerance*
- Insulin resistance
- Raynaud's disease
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
*These conditions are covered under specific rules set out by the policy. Read the policy for a full understanding of how these conditions can be covered.
Which pre-existing medical conditions are excluded completely?
- terminal illnesses
- conditions where you require oxygen therapy for the journey
- chronic renal failure that's treated by haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis
- AIDS-defining illness or any treatment that causes immunosuppression
- You've had or are waiting for an organ transplant
How do I disclose pre-existing medical conditions?
You can obtain a form when you apply for cover.
- You might have to supply additional documents such as medical reports.
- You will also be subject to an additional premium
- You might be subject to lower cover limits
The standard excess on 1Cover Travel Insurance policies is $100.
Can I remove this excess?
You can remove the excess by paying an additional premium of $25.
Making a claim with 1Cover is simple. Follow these steps:
- Submit a claim either by emailing claims@1Cover.com.au or calling 1300 369 883
- Provide any additional information requested
- Await claim assessment
- Successful claims will be paid out in Australian dollars
How long will it take for my claim to be assessed
Claims are usually processed within 10 business days. If more information is required, you will be notified within 10 days with a new timetable for a resolution.
What documents will I need to supply?
Documents you may need to supply include:
- Police reports
- Damaged lists
- Medical reports
- Original receipts or proof of purchase and ownership
Just as it is important to review the conditions of your policy benefits, it is worth being aware of policy exclusions to avoid any nasty surprises in the event of a claim. 1Cover has some general exclusions listed in the product disclosure statement that you should be clear on, including:
- Policyholder not taking care to act responsibly to protect themselves and their property and to avoid making a claim
- Policyholder does not do everything in their power to avoid a loss
- Claims arising from illegal behaviour
View expanded list of exclusions
- Claim arises from consequential loss of any kind
- Policyholder was aware of something that would result in a claim being made at time of application
- Claim is for a loss that can be recovered by other types of compensation
- Claim arises from errors made in bookings or the policyholder's failure to obtain appropriate travel documentation
- Claims arising for loss of property that has been confiscated or detained by government authorities
- Claims arising from motorcycle accidents where the policyholder does not hold an Australian motorcycle license or if the policyholder is a passenger on a motorcycle that has been involved in an accident where the driver did not have an Australian drivers licence
- Claim arising from pre-existing medical conditions not listed in the product disclosure statement
- Claim arising from the taking of blood-thinning medication
- Claim made for travel that was not recommended by medical practitioner
- Claim arising from pregnancy, childbirth or related complications
- Claim arising for treatment in hospital for addiction to drugs or alcohol
- Claim for cost of medication in use prior to departure
- Claims arising from mental illness, stress and depression
- Claims for sexually transmitted diseases
- Claims arising where alcohol or drugs were a contributing factor
- Claim arising for death of person over 85 years of age
- Claims arising from excluded sports:
- Racing (except for on foot)
- Rock climbing
- Open water sailing
- Professional sport
- Hang gliding
- Claims for underwater diving where an underwater apparatus is used and the policy owner does not hold an open water diving licence issued in Australia.
- Claim arising from travel in aircraft unless a commercial aircraft that is operated by an airline or charter company. Regulated hot air ballooning is covered.
Q. Can I cancel my policy?
- A. If you are not satisfied with your policy, you can cancel your cover within 14 days of the policy being put in place provided you are not making a claim, left for your trip or the policy has started.
Q. Can I extend my policy?
- A. Policies can be extended for travel delays or for other reasons that can be claimed under your policy. Extensions for other reasons can be made if a request is sent by post 7 days prior to the policy expiring.
Q. How much will I pay?
- A. You will be told the premium that is payable at time of application. The premium is based on:
- Duration of journey
- Number of people covered under policy
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- The policy chosen and any additional options
- Any relevant charges, taxes or levies such as stamp duty.
Q. How do I claim?
- A. Applicants must notify 1Cover of their claim as soon as possible by lodging a claim form that is available online or provided upon request.
Q. How are claims paid?
- A. Claims are paid in Australian dollars unless the payment is given to someone else specified by the policyholder. Exchange rates will apply at the time of claim.
Q. What if I can claim from someone else?
- A. If any loss can be recovered from another insurance provider, you must give details to 1Cover. If the total loss can be recovered under another policy, 1Cover will not pay any of the claim. If only a portion can be recovered, 1Cover will make up the difference.
Backed by a leading insurer
1Cover has grown to become one of Australia’s leading travel insurance brands, offering a range of versatile products to suit your versatile needs. It is underwritten by Lloyd's of London.
Emergency assistance anywhere in the world
Emergency assistance is available no matter where you are in the world. This support includes medical evacuation of Australians travelling overseas.
Satisfied customer base
Over 1 million customers have taken out travel insurance with 1Cover, and that number is growing.
Excellent customer service
Whether you are in the initial stages of policy application or need to submit a claim, 1Cover’s team of nsurance consultants is there to provide support 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world.
Diverse range of products
Whether you are looking for an annual or single trip policy, adventure or ski travel insurance or you are a senior buyer looking for cover, you will be sure to find a suitable option for your needs.
The kids can go for free
If your child or grandchild is travelling with you for 100% of the journey, they can be included on your policy at no extra cost! The child must be under 21 years of age and not engaged in full-time employment.
Security you can trust
Through industry-leading security software companies SSL encryption and McAfee Secure, it is impossible for information that has been passed from your computer to 1Cover to be intercepted and read.
You can receive a quote for 1Cover travel insurance entirely only after filling in your details on the website. This quote may only be subject to change if the applicant has pre-existing medical conditions that may result in a premium loading.
What details are required to receive a quote from 1Cover?
- Travel destination: You'll need to choose the region (e.g. Europe or Pacific) or country (e.g. Singapore) that you're travelling to
- Duration of trip: Obviously the longer the duration of travel, the higher the premium
- Adult travellers: Age of travellers
- Number of dependents: Children and grandchildren under 21 travel free
Upon entering these details, you will be provided with a range of options with different levels of cover. This is basic, essentials or comprehensive cover. You will also have the ability to remove the policy excess and take out extra cover for high value items.
Ready to apply for 1Cover Travel Insurance?
No matter what type of insurance cover you are looking to take out through 1Cover Direct Insurance, you can look forward to benefitting from quality cover, affordable prices and the peace of mind that comes from taking your cover through a reputable insurance provider. If the cover options from 1Cover sound suitable for your situation, simply follow the secure link through to the 1Cover website to start comparing quotes.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination