Holiday Rescue Travel Insurance
Here's a quick and easy way to find out if Holiday Rescue travel insurance is right for you.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
We've done the research and put it all together for you. Holiday Rescue offers travel insurance underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company. You can get a quick quote from our search tool or read on to learn about their different policy types and benefits.
Compare travel insurance from Holiday Rescue
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Holiday Rescue's International Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||$50,000|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$5,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||If over 100, you'll need to contact them.|
Table updated August 2020
Finder's favourite features:
1. Anyone can get cover with no age limits
2. Automatic cover for skiing and snowboarding, this includes cover for your gear and prepaid costs
3. Express claims - Holiday Rescue aims to have your claim resolved within 2 business days
There are three basic travel plans on offer, with their main features highlighted for you below.
Holiday Rescue offers various features for each of their three travel plans, summarised in the table below.
What's the excess I have to pay?
About half of your benefits have no excess and half have an excess of $100 per claim.
Here's what your excess will be for each claim you make:
|Holiday cancellation and changes||$100|
|Delayed to a special event||$100|
|Rental vehicle excess||$100|
|Passports, documents and bank cards||$100|
|Personal items and cash||$100|
Can I get cover for a pre-existing medical condition?
Like most insurers, HRTI will cover many pre-existing conditions. Its application form requires you to describe any pre-existing condition you have outside of "an everyday cold" or tummy bug. You'll have to declare it if any of the following describes your condition:
- You're waiting to see a medical professional about it.
- You're waiting on a test or the results of a test.
- You require ongoing treatment or check-ups.
- You're supposed to be on medication for it.
- You've seen a medical professional in the last 3 months.
- You've had surgery or been in the hospital in the past 3 years.
- It's related to heart problems, stroke or cancer.
After you declare the condition, HRTI will decide if they want to cover it and will treat it in one of three ways:
- They'll automatically cover it at no additional charge.
- They'll cover it if you pay an additional premium.
- They won't cover it (but you'll be covered for everything else).
Can I get cover for my camera, jewellery or other expensive items?
If you have the comprehensive policy from HRTI, you'll have a total of $5,000 you can claim for lost and stolen items. But there's a limit to what you can claim for each type of item. Here are the sub-limits:
- Clothing, shoes and toiletries: $1,500
- Wedding rings, engagement rings and watches: $2,000
- Mobile phone and tablets: $1,000
- Laptops and cameras: $2,000
- Other personal items: $1,000
- Medication: $500
- Cash: $250
Most insurers let you add extra cover for high-value items. Holiday Rescue doesn't advertise this feature, but give them a call them to find out if you can insure high-value items separately.
As always with any insurance plan, there are certain situations where the insurer will not pay a claim. You should check the specific plan you purchase for details, but in general Holiday Rescue will not cover you if:
- If you partake in any criminal or illegal activity in the country you're in.
- You're acting in an unsafe or irresponsible manner at the time of the claim.
- You're caught up in a scam or fraud that you could reasonably have avoided.
- It's related in any way to the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Your claim arises as the result of a pre-existing medical condition that wasn't declared or approved.
- You ignore warnings about a destination from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and go anyway.
Claims and contact details
Emergency assistance: Call +61 280 046 090
Text: +61 488 863 244
Call within Australia: 1 800 960 374
If you have any final questions...
More guides on Finder
Best weed killers in Australia
These are the eight best weed killers you can buy right now in Australia.
Google Pixel 4a 5G review
The Pixel 4a adds a lot more than just 5G to the Pixel 4a recipe, and along the way it delivers a great smartphone experience.
Best GPS navigation systems in Australia 2020
These are the best GPS Navigation Systems in Australia for 2020, as determined by thousands of real customer reviews.
Best 5G phones in Australia
Our expert team has tested hundreds of mobile phones to find the seven best 5G options that you can get in Australia.
As Australia reopens, don’t forget travel insurance
Travel insurance isn't just for overseas trips.
Life insurance for 35-year-olds
Compare life insurance policies for 35-year-olds
$1 million life insurance policies
Looking for $1 million life insurance? Compare policies here.
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
Best mattress toppers in Australia
We’ll help you get a better night's sleep with one of Australia’s best mattress toppers.
Top work perks: Aussies want more paid leave and insurance post-COVID
Finder asked 1,066 Australians about the top three perks they’d like their employer to provide in a post-COVID workplace. Flexibility, more leave and company health insurance topped the list.