Feel safe-guarded while embarking on your next travel adventure with the wide range of policies available from Jetstar.
Jetstar Travel Insurance offers unique cover options that allows you to tailor your policy to the regions of the globe you're visiting whether it's somewhere in your own backyard, a jaunt across the Tasman or an extended trip overseas. The bottom line is that whatever kind of trip you're planning, Jetstar Travel Insurance has a solution for you.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Policies available from Jetstar
|Jetstar Travel Insurance policies||What they cover you for|
What does Jetstar Travel Insurance cover?
Along with the standard cover for medical expenses, lost luggage and damaged personal effects, by being insured by Jetstar you will also receive protection for:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits: When unforeseen circumstances outside your control force you to cancel your trip, for example if a loved one passes away, Jetstar Travel Insurance provides cover for your non-refundable pre-paid deposits and any cancellation fees you may have to pay.
- Additional expenses: Jetstar Travel Insurance covers your additional meals, accommodation and travelling expenses when your trip is disrupted.
- Missed connection special events: Your policy can help cover the additional travel expenses you incur in order to get to a special event such as a wedding or business conference on time.
- Hijack and kidnap: A lump sum benefit is payable if you are a victim of hijack or kidnapping on your trip.
- Home help: If you have been hospitalised overseas for more than 10 days, your policy will offer financial assistance to cover the cost of housekeeping or similar services.
- Travel delay: Receive up to $750 cover for additional meals and accommodation expenses when your trip is delayed due to circumstances outside your control.
- Early return home: If unforeseen circumstances force you to curtail your journey, for example if a family member falls seriously ill, Jetstar Travel Insurance covers the cost of cutting your trip short.
- Resumption of trip: If you later decide to resume your trip, your policy can cover the additional travel costs needed to do so.
- Legal liability: Jetstar Travel Insurance provides up to $2.5 million of personal liability cover if you cause bodily injury or property damage to a third party.
- Accidental death: A lump sum benefit is paid to your estate if you die as a result of accidental injuries suffered on your trip.
- Rental vehicle excess cover: This benefit provides cover for the car insurance excess charged when your rental vehicle is stolen, maliciously damaged or involved in a collision.
How do I lodge a claim with Jetstar Travel Insurance?
If you need to make a claim on your Jetstar Travel Insurance policy, you must contact AIG within 30 days of completing your trip to notify the insurer of your claim. In order for your claim to be processed you will need to provide:
- Your certificate of insurance.
- Any supporting evidence, such as receipts, police reports and proof of ownership.
- Any other information AIG may require.
When it comes to obtaining and sending a claim form to AIG several options are available to you:
- Enter the details of your claim and process it online.
- Download and fill out a claim form and send a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 61 (3) 9522 4974 or by traditional mail addressed to AIG Claims Dept., GPO Box 4363, Melbourne, VIC 3001.
- Please remember that whether you choose to lodge your claim online, by email, fax or post, you will still need to attach the relevant documents listed above for the claim to be processed.
Some more information you may find useful
More guides on Finder
The best standing desk in Australia: Our top choice of the year
If you're looking for a standing desk for the home office, the Omnidesk Ascent is our #1 choice for 2023.
Fast NBN plans are now cheaper. Is it worth switching?
It's time to sort out your NBN plan for the new year.
Save $1,583 a year by using index funds instead of active trading | Dollar Saver tip #60
Invest in an index fund instead of actively trading stocks and you not only save on time and fees, you could be earning more in returns too.
5 perks you can score by upgrading your internet this year
SPONSORED: Upgrade your internet before the end of 2023 and get ahead on your life admin! We take a look at some of the benefits of a faster internet connection.
Aussies are struggling to save money, and Gen Z blame themselves
Young Australians cite overspending as the main reason for not reaching their financial goals.
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best places to exchange currency in Brisbane
Your guide to currency exchange in Brisbane, including how to get the best exchange rate.
Waiting for rates to fall? Don’t bank on it, says ANZ CEO
Addressing speculation that interest rates might fall in late-2024, ANZ CEO Shayne Elliott said he thought it was too optimistic.