Get your flights and travel insurance sorted in one go with Jetstar's Travel Plans, exclusive cover packages for Jetstar passengers.
Feel safe guarded while embarking on your next travel adventure with the wide range of policies available from Jetstar. Featuring unlimited cover for cancellation fees, lost deposits and emergency medical/hospital expenses under their International Travel Plan, this is a solid insurance solution for those planning an overseas holiday. For those travelling within Australia, the Domestic Travel Plan will insure you for up to $10,000 on cancellation fees, lost deposits and emergency expenses, and coverage can be extended to include your family as well.
Jetstar Travel Insurance offers unique cover options under their International Travel Plan that allow you to tailor your policy to the regions of the globe you're visiting. Their Premium Overseas option protects you anywhere in the world, perfect if you're country hopping on an extended holiday, while if you're planning a Southeast Asia experience The Jetstar Starter Overseas option, which covers Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, may be of interest to you. The bottom line is that whatever kind of trip you're planning Jetstar Travel Insurance has a solution for you.
Policies available from Jetstar
|Jetstar Travel Insurance policies||What they cover you for|
What does Jetstar Travel Insurance cover?
Along with the standard cover for medical expenses, lost luggage and damaged personal effects, by being insured by Jetstar you will also receive protection for:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits: When unforeseen circumstances outside your control force you to cancel your trip, for example if a loved one passes away, Jetstar Travel Insurance provides cover for your non-refundable pre-paid deposits and any cancellation fees you may have to pay.
- Additional expenses: Jetstar Travel Insurance covers your additional meals, accommodation and travelling expenses when your trip is disrupted.
- Missed connection special events: Your policy can help cover the additional travel expenses you incur in order to get to a special event such as a wedding or business conference on time.
- Hijack and kidnap: A lump sum benefit is payable if you are a victim of hijack or kidnapping on your trip.
- Home help: If you have been hospitalised overseas for more than 10 days and Jetstar Travel Insurance covered the expense of your repatriation to Australia, your policy will offer financial assistance to cover the cost of housekeeping or similar services.
- Travel delay: Receive up to $1,000 cover for additional meals and accommodation expenses when your trip is delayed due to circumstances outside your control.
- Early return home: If unforeseen circumstances force you to curtail your journey, for example if a family member falls seriously ill, Jetstar Travel Insurance covers the cost of cutting your trip short.
- Resumption of trip: If you later decide to resume your trip, your policy can cover the additional travel costs needed to do so.
- Legal liability: Jetstar Travel Insurance provides up to $2.5 million of personal liability cover if you cause bodily injury or property damage to a third party.
- Accidental death: A lump sum benefit is paid to your estate if you die as a result of accidental injuries suffered on your trip.
- Rental vehicle excess cover: This benefit provides cover for the car insurance excess charged when your rental vehicle is stolen, maliciously damaged or involved in a collision.
- Injury loss of income: If you are injured during your trip and unable to go back to work when you return home, Jetstar Travel Insurance provides a benefit to help cover your lost income.
Any optional cover that might be of use to me?
Jetstar Travel Insurance offers several different policy options for their International Plan to cover travel to specific destinations:
- Jetstar Premium Overseas Travel Insurance: Covers all destinations worldwide with no exclusions and has an excess of $100.
- Jetstar Essentials Plus Overseas Travel Insurance: Covers all destinations worldwide excluding The Americas and Antarctica with an excess of $250.
- Jetstar Essentials Overseas Travel Insurance: Covers all destinations worldwide excluding The Americas, Antarctica and Japan with an excess of $250.
- Jetstar Starter Overseas Travel Insurance (One Way and Return): Covers trips to Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand only. A Return option is also available for the same destinations and both policies have an excess of $250.
- Transtasman Jetstar Travel Insurance: Covers trips to New Zealand only with an excess of $100.
You can also choose to make use of:
- Luggage Specified Items: If you are travelling with high-value items that you wish to cover to a level above that which is offered under the standard policy limit, you can increase the level of cover for specified items by paying an additional premium. Cover can be increased by a maximum of up to $4,000 for any one item or set, and up to a maximum of $8,000 in total.
- Increased Rental Vehicle Excess Cover: If you select a one-trip plan, you can increase your level of rental vehicle insurance excess cover from $4,000 up to $6,000. An additional premium of $15 is payable for every extra $500 of excess cover required.
How do I lodge a claim with Jetstar Travel Insurance?
If you need to make a claim on your Jetstar Travel Insurance policy, you must contact AIG within 30 days of completing your trip to notify the insurer of your claim. In order for your claim to be processed you will need to:
- Provide your certificate of insurance.
- Provide any supporting evidence, such as receipts, police reports and proof of ownership.
- Provide any other information AIG may require.
When it comes to obtaining and sending a claim form to AIG several options are available to you:
- Enter the details of your claim and process it online.
- Download and fill out a claim form and send a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 61 (3) 9522 4974 or by traditional mail addressed to AIG Claims Dept., GPO Box 4363, Melbourne, VIC 3001.
- Please remember that whether you choose to lodge your claim online, by email, fax or post, you will still need to attach the relevant documents listed above for the claim to be processed.
Any restrictions on applying for Jetstar Travel Insurance?
To be eligible for any of these policies you will need to be:
- A permanent Australian resident
- Aged 69 years or under at the date of departure
Travellers aged 70 years or older may wish to look into obtaining Mature Age Travel Insurance from AIG.
Some more information you may find useful
Q. I thought I was insured by Jetstar, why do I have to claim through AIG?
A. Jetstar Travel Insurance is issued and underwritten by AIG Australia Limited.
Q. Is my laptop covered by Jetstar Travel Insurance?
A. Yes, Jetstar Travel Insurance policies provide cover if your laptop is lost, stolen or damaged, but cover limits apply to laptops, cameras, video cameras and sets of golf clubs. Under a one-trip International Plan or Annual Multi-Trip Plan, cover is limited to $3,000. This limit drops to $500 under a one-trip Domestic Plan.
Q. What is the maximum trip length allowed on a Jetstar Premium Overseas Travel Insurance policy?
A. This policy covers return journeys from Australia for a maximum duration of 12 months.
Q. Does Jetstar Travel Insurance provide cover for business trips?
A. No, Jetstar Travel Insurance excludes claims arising from any business commitment, financial or contractual obligation.
Q. What happens if I have a pre-existing medical condition?
A. Jetstar Travel Insurance does not provide cover for many pre-existing medical conditions and you cannot apply to have your condition covered. However, you can still add Jetstar Travel Insurance to your itinerary.
Q. Is there a cooling-off period?
A. Yes, you have 14 days after your cover application has been accepted to decide whether or not Jetstar Travel Insurance is right for you. A full premium refund is paid if you cancel your cover during this time.
Q. Are there any countries where Jetstar Travel Insurance will not provide cover?
A. No insurance cover is available if you travel to any of the following countries:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo