Want straightforward cover at an affordable price? Just some of the benefits of Aussie Travel Cover insurance
Aussietravelcover Pty Ltd is an Australian travel insurance company that was established in 1982. This family business is 100% Australian owned and operated, and it is one of the largest providers of travel insurance in the country.
Aussietravelcover has been offering worldwide protection for Australian travellers for more than 30 years. The company specialises in offering cover for Australian residents travelling either within Australia or internationally, as well as for non-residents of Australia who are looking for insurance cover when travelling to or within Australia.
Aussietravelcover offers a range of travel insurance plans to suit a variety of needs and budgets. Travellers can choose from budget, comprehensive or annual cover, while the company’s new BASICs range allows customers to reduce their premiums by selecting reduced benefits.
Offering competitively priced policies, friendly service and a 10-day claims process, Aussietravelcover is a viable travel insurance option for Australian travellers. Its policies are underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
Aussietravelcover offers a number of policies to suit the needs of different travellers. Some policies offer cover for travel to certain parts of the world. For example, Plan A Super offers cover for Australians travelling to the UK/Europe, Egypt, Japan and the Middle East. Other options include the Annual Multi-Journey and Budget policies. There’s even a Non-Residents plan for travel to and within Australia.
The benefits offered will vary depending on the policy you choose, but Aussietravelcover features include:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. This feature ensures you will be reimbursed for any cancellation fees or lost deposits when unforeseen circumstances, for example the loss of your job, mean you are unable to travel.
- Travel services provider insolvency. If a travel services provider you have made pre-paid travel arrangements with goes bankrupt, you will be protected against any financial loss.
- Overseas emergency medical assistance, medical evacuation or funeral expenses. This features provides cover for any emergency medical assistance you need while overseas. This includes 24-hour emergency medical assistance, ambulance, medical evacuation, funeral arrangements, messages to family and hospital guarantees.
- Overseas emergency medical, hospital or dental expenses. If you suffer an injury or become sick while overseas this feature will cover you for any emergency medical expenses you have incurred.
- Additional expenses. If you are unfit to travel because of an injury or illness, Aussietravelcover will reimburse you for any reasonable additional travel or accommodation expenses you incur.
- Hospital cash allowance. This feature pays an allowance of $50 per day if you are hospitalised for more than 48 continuous hours while overseas.
- Accidental death. If you die because of an injury you sustain during your journey, a death benefit will be paid to your beneficiaries.
- Permanent disability. If an injury you suffer while travelling results in you being permanently disabled, you will receive a benefit payment to help you adjust to your changed circumstances. Covered disabilities include the total loss of sight in one or both eyes or the loss of use of a hand or foot.
- Loss of income. If you become disabled within 30 days of suffering an injury on your journey, and if you are then still unable to work more than 30 days after returning to Australia, you will be paid a weekly benefit for loss of income.
- Loss of travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques. This feature covers the replacement costs for lost items including passports and credit cards.
- Theft of cash, bank notes, currency notes, postal orders or money orders. If any of the items mentioned are stolen from your person, Aussietravelcover will ensure that you are reimbursed for your loss.
- Luggage and personal effects. This cover feature lets you replace stolen or repair accidentally damaged luggage and other items including prescription glasses, personal effects, personal computers and cameras.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses. If a travel carrier delays, misdirects or loses your luggage and personal effects for more than 12 hours, your policy will provide cover for the cost of purchasing essential clothing and toiletry items.
- Travel delay expenses. If circumstances beyond your control delay your journey for more than six hours, this feature provides cover for additional meals and accommodation expenses.
- Alternative transport expenses. If transport delays look like stopping you from making it to a pre-arranged event (for example a wedding or conference) on time, this feature covers the cost of alternative transport arrangements.
- Personal liability. If you are deemed legally liable for causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party, your policy covers you against any damages or compensation you may be required to pay.
- Rental vehicle excess/Return of rental vehicle. If your rental vehicle is stolen, crashed or damaged, this provides cover for the excess you would otherwise have to pay on your rental car insurance. It also provides cover for returning the rental vehicle if you are deemed unfit to do so.
- Additional options. You can select to take out specified luggage and personal effects cover, or you can remove the standard $100 excess on certain plans by paying an additional premium of $25.
How to claim
You’ll need to notify Aussietravelcover of your claim as soon as possible by filling out a claim form—these are available online or from the company’s Client Services department. You’ll need to post the claim form to Aussietravelcover and ensure that you fill out all the required information.
You’ll also need to supply any information or supporting documentation your insurer requests in order to process your claim. This could include medical reports, police reports, receipts, valuations or proof of ownership. With this in mind, remember to always report and theft or damage of your personal belongings while travelling and obtain a written record of doing so. For example, if an airline loses your luggage, report the loss to an appropriate airline employee and get a written record of it.
It’s essential that you co-operate with Aussietravelcover at every stage of the claims process. All claims are paid in Australian dollars.Back to top
Why choose this policy for your travel insurance?
Aussietravelcover has been offering a range of travel insurance coverage to Australians for more than 30 years. This family company is 100% owned and operated in Australia, while its policies are underwritten Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, a respected and well-established name in the insurance industry.
The main advantage of choosing Aussietravelcover for your travel insurance needs is that you can choose from a wide range of policy options to suit your specific situation. You can purchase budget, comprehensive or annual cover, while non-residents of Australia are also looked after.
Offering competitive pricing on all of its policies, Aussietravelcover also prides itself on providing friendly and efficient customer service. The claims process is also simple and straightforward, while 10-day claims processing ensures you will be reimbursed for any loss as soon as possible.Back to top
Want to know more?
Q. Do I really need travel insurance?
- A. Yes. Taking out travel insurance should be an essential part of booking any trip, regardless of whether you’re travelling domestically or taking a trip around-the-world. Travel insurance offers protection against the many risks you are exposed to while travelling, giving you peace of mind and ensuring that unexpected events don’t completely ruin your holiday.
Q. How do I compare travel insurance policies?
- A. Finder.com.au is a great place to start. Use our comparison tools to weigh up the pros and cons of competing policies, and read product disclosure statements to see what is covered by each policy. Obtain quotes from multiple insurers and feel free to seek help from an insurance consultant if required.
Q. Can I get cover if I’m not an Australian resident?
- A. Yes you can. Aussietravelcover offers a policy specifically designed for non-residents travelling to and within Australia. Read the PDS for more details.
Q. I don’t want comprehensive cover. How can I find a ‘no-frills’ option?
- A. Aussietravelcover offers a budget option that provides medical-only cover when you’re overseas. This provides coverage for any worst case scenarios and eliminates many of the other cover options you may not require.
Apply for cover today
Aussietravelcover offers a wide range of travel insurance policies to suit the needs of a diverse array of travellers. There’s cover for people on a budget or those who want comprehensive cover, while you can also select an annual policy if you’re a regular traveller. Non-residents of Australia can also take out cover, while policies can be purchased for individuals, couples or entire families.
The family company is owned and operated right here in Australia, and customers have the peace of mind that comes with knowing Aussietravelcover’s policies are backed by the financial strength of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
Aussie Travel Cover offers a range of viable and competitive options for Australian travellers, but make sure to compare a range of travel insurance policies before deciding on the right one for your needs.Back to top