After travel insurance? Consider a policy from Webjet: One of Australia's leading online travel agencies
Webjet is one of Australia’s leading online travel agencies. Webjet offers its customers the chance to compare and book domestic and international flights, accommodation, holiday deals, car hire and travel insurance. Webjet’s aim is to provide a one-stop online source for people to plan and book their perfect holiday. The proudly Australian company has been based in Melbourne for 17 years. It offers a 24/7 customer support service and has won multiple awards for being the most visited online travel agency in Australia. Webjet prides itself on offering its customers a range of choices, with flights from all the world’s leading airlines and more than one million hotel rooms on sale every day.
As well as its range of flights, holidays deals and accommodation, Webjet also offers travel insurance options to help offer protection to its customers when travelling. From basic options right through to comprehensive and multi-trip cover, Webjet provides travel insurance to suit a wide variety of travellers. Read on to find out more about what Webjet travel insurance has to offer.
Compare travel insurance policies from Webjet
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Why take out travel insurance?
When you’re out travelling Australia and rest of the world, the sad fact is that things can and do go wrong. The future is unpredictable, especially when you’re travelling and all it takes is one accident to leave you out of pocket and ruin your holiday. Planes can be delayed and luggage lost, thieves can make off with your valuables and personal belongings, while overseas medical emergencies can endanger both your life and your financial situation. This is why travel insurance is such a good idea. It offers protection against a range of risks. These include:
- Trip delays and cancellations
- Lost and stolen luggage
- Theft of money and personal documents
- Overseas medical expenses
- Emergency medical repatriation.
As people have said, if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel. It offers the peace of mind you need to simply enjoy your holiday, safe in the knowledge that you can be looked after if something were to go wrong.Back to top
Webjet travel insurance policies
- Comprehensive. This includes cover for:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits
- Overseas emergency medical assistance
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses
- Hospital cash allowance
- Accidental death benefit
- Permanent disability benefit
- Loss of travel documents and credit cards
- Theft of cash, luggage and personal effects
- Luggage delay
- Travel delay
- Personal liability
- Rental vehicle excess
- Essentials. The Webjet Essentials policy is more of a no-frills option than the comprehensive policy, offering most of the same coverage options as the Comprehensive policy but to reduced limits. For example, while the Comprehensive policy offers $5 million of liability cover, the Essentials policy only offers $2 million. While the Comprehensive policy offers unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits, the Essentials plan limits this cover to $5,000. While this policy still offers a range of cover, it is designed to be more affordable than the Comprehensive plan. This policy can be taken out for singles, duos or families.
- Medical & Personal Liability. If you don’t want the full range of cover offered by the above policies, you may want to choose this ‘worst case scenario’ form of insurance. Rather than protecting you against an extensive range of risks, this option provides cover for overseas medical emergencies and personal liability. Policyholders receive unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance, plus $50,000 of cover for overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. Five million dollars of personal liability cover is also included, while this option is again available to singles, duos and families.
- Multi Trip. If you’re a regular traveller, you might want to consider investing in this cover option. Rather than insuring you for a single trip, this annual policy can cover you for every trip you take during a 12-month period. This option includes unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical assistance, overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses, and cancellation fees and lost deposits. There is also $50,000 cover for additional expenses, for example if you have to pay for additional accommodation or travel expenses if you are deemed unfit to travel, plus $5,000 cover for your luggage and personal effects. Rental vehicle excess cover and protection against travel provider insolvency are included as well, while singles, duos and families can take out this policy.
Webjet travel insurance claims
As Webjet’s insurance is backed by Allianz Global Assistance, you have access to Allianz’s worldwide network to help. To make a claim, what you need to do is phone Allianz Global Assistance. The customer service team will then assist you through the claims process. Some claims will simply be processed over the phone, but other claims will require you to supply further information and supporting documentation. The exact nature of documentation you may have to supply will obviously vary depending on the nature of your claim, but common examples include police reports, receipts, medical reports and invoices.Back to top
Why choose Webjet for your travel insurance?
Webjet is a multi-award-winning online travel agency with a reputation for quality. It offers a range of flight booking and accommodation options all in the one place, plus it offers the convenience of letting you bundle travel insurance with your holiday booking at the time. This eliminates the need to visit multiple websites hunting for cover. Webjet is an Australian company that has been based in Melbourne for 17 years. Its insurance is backed by Allianz Global Assistance, a well-established and respected provider of services to travel insurance customers. Another reason to choose Webjet is because it offers a wide range of policies to suit an extensive variety of travellers. Whether you’re looking for basic cover, a comprehensive policy, selected options or even multi-trip cover, Webjet has travel insurance options which might be suitable. You can also elect to take out cover for a single, a duo or for your entire family.Back to top
Travelling with Webjet
If you’re looking for a travel insurance policy for your next business or leisure trip, you might want to consider the policy options offered by Webjet. As well as its extensive range of flights, hotel bookings and accommodation deals, Webjet offers five travel insurance policies to suit the needs of different travellers. Cover is available for common risks you face while travelling — overseas emergency medical assistance and expenses, trip cancellation and delay, lost or stolen luggage and personal effects — while you have a range of policy options to choose from to meet your insurance needs. Whether you want comprehensive cover or a basic level of cover to protect you if things go horribly wrong, Webjet offers a range of policy options that may be worth considering.Back to top