Webjet travel insurance
Compare Webjet travel insurance policies and customise your cover - so it works for you
Webjet is a one-stop shop for travel where you can do everything from booking flights and accommodation to arranging car hire and package holidays.
The Australian company also provides travel insurance, and lets people customise parts of their policy, so you can create cover which better fits your individual needs.
Compare travel insurance brands in 10 seconds
Enter your details below to get instant quotes and compare insurance policies from Webjet.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Webjet's most comprehensive travel insurance policy
|Policy name||Travel Safe Plus International|
|Overseas medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and amendment fees||You choose|
|Luggage and personal effects||$15,000|
|Maximum age limit||None listed|
Review Webjet travel insurance policies
- Travel safe. Available on international policies for single and annual multi-trips with unlimited medical but no cover for luggage. Choose your own level of cover for cancellation costs and additional expenses.
- Travel safe plus. Available on international, domestic and domestic cancellation policies for single and some annual multi-trip policies. You get unlimited medical plus lots of extras, including luggage, rental car excess, travel delay and more. Customised cover for cancellation costs and additional expenses.
Compare Webjet international policy benefits
|Travel Safe International||Travel Safe Plus International|
|Overseas medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Amendment of cancellation costs||You choose||You choose|
|Travel service provider insolvency||$10,000|
|Luggage and travel documents||$15,000|
|Delayed luggage allowance||$1,000|
|Rental car insurance excess||$10,000|
|Resumption of journey||$3,000|
|Loss of income||$9,000|
|Personal liability||$2.5 million|
Compare cost of Webjet travel insurance
Webjet's cheapest policy might seem good for travellers on a budget, but it's not that much cheaper than Webjet's more comprehensive policy, which offers heaps more benefits.
The table below compares the prices of Travel Safe with Travel Safe Plus. The quotes were retrieved on 9 March 2020, using the details of a 30 year-old travelling for one week.
Does Webjet travel insurance cover cruises?
Webjet offers an add-on insurance package called Cruise Cover. This means you'll be covered for all of the standard cruising issues such as;
- Onboard medical and dental cover
- Ship to shore medical cover
- Sea sickness cover
- Cabin confinement
- Missed port
- Missed shore excursions
Does Webjet cover pre-existing medical conditions?
Webjet automatically includes some pre-existing medical conditions - including epilepsy, asthma, and allergies. However, you'll only be covered if the condition hasn't flared up recently.
You can also request to have your medical condition assessed by Webjet if you'd like your insurance to cover it. You'll have to do a quick online assessment, but it could give you peace of mind that you'll be covered if your condition flares up.
However, Webjet makes it very clear that there are some pre-existing medical conditions that it won't cover under any circumstance. These include any terminal illness and alcoholism or addiction.
Are there add-ons available?
Yes. Webjet offers a range of add-on options, so you can create a travel insurance policy which meets your needs and gives you peace of mind.
|Cruise cover||Additional benefits for missed ports, seasickness, cabin confinement, and more.|
|Increased luggage item cover||Increase the item limit, so you can claim the full value if one of your expensive items is lost, damaged or stolen.|
|Adventure activities cover||Cover for riskier activities, including outdoor rock climbing, skydiving, and trekking more challenging routes.|
|Snow sports cover||Cover for skiing and snowboarding - including injuries on the slopes, stolen equipment, and lost lift passes.|
|Motorcycle/moped riding cover||Cover if you're riding a motorcycle - including injuries as a rider or pillion, and any damages you might cause.|
|Existing medical conditions||Submit an online health assessment and have your pre-existing medical conditions considered and covered by Webjet.|
|Pregnancy||If you've ever had pregnancy complications, are expecting a multiple birth, or your baby was conceived with medical help, you'll only be covered if you opt for the pregnancy add-on.|
What's not covered by Webjet
All travel insurers have some exclusions – and they're usually pretty similar – but it's still important to read your PDS carefully. Here are a few key things Webjet won't cover you for:
- Consequential claims, like loss of enjoyment
- Any claims that were due to recklessness
- Any illegal or malicious act by you
- If you are not honest and open when lodging your claim
- Elective medical or dental treatment
- Body modification, including tattoos and piercings
- If authorities confiscate or destroy your property
- If you're travelling against the advice of a medical professional
- Extreme sports or very high risk activities
- Self harm, suicide, or drug and alcohol abuse
- Claims related to war, riots or strikes
- Riding a motorbike or scooter without a helmet or suitable licence
⚠️ This list is not exhaustive, so always read your PDS before buying a policy or contact the insurer directly if you have any questions.
Webjet contact details
Claim online: Start the claim process at https://claims.covermore.com.au/travelclaims
Within Australia: 1300 468 601
Overseas: +612 8907 5050
Contact via post: Webjet Travel Insurance
C/O Cover-More Insurance Services Private Bag 913 North Sydney NSW 2059
Ask an Expert