Compare Skiinsurance.com.au Policies
Based in NSW, Ski-Insurance.com.au is a brand made for skiers, with a range of products to help offer cover that is relevant to ski trips. All Ski-Insurance.com.au policies are underwritten by Lloyd's, one of the largest insurance groups in the world. Ski-Insurance.com.au prides itself on providing specialist insurance policies that are both straightforward and affordable while still providing a range of cover for winter sports vacations.
Note: The policy information on this page is current as of the initial time of writing, but insurance policies are subject to change and information may be outdated at the time of reading.
Ski-Insurance cover types
Cover can be taken out as single, group or family.
- Single: Provides cover for you and your dependents while you are away. The benefit limit that is applicable to the policy you choose will apply to the total of all claims that are made on the policy. This is regardless of the number of people the claims relate to.
Who is considered a dependent?
A dependent is recognised as a child or grandchild that is not engaged in full-time employment and are under the age of 21. In order for cover to apply, dependents must be travelling with you on the journey.
- Group: Provides cover for up to 10 people under the single policy. There will only be one issue of insurance provided, though each person will have the same cover as that provided under a single policy.
- Family: Covers you and other members of your family that are travelling with you. Benefit limits to family cover will apply, regardless of the number of people the claim relates to.
Who is considered family?
Family is considered to include spouse or legally recognised de-facto, and your dependents.
Policy options available from Skiinsurance.com.au
International and Single Trip Ski Insurance
If you are heading away on an overseas or domestic ski adventure, it is important to have the right cover in place, not only for the usual mishaps that can occur while travelling but also for ski related losses that can leave your out of pocket. Policies can be taken out as single, group or family cover with additional cover options available to ensure you have the right level of protection in place.
Annual Multi Trip Cover
If you are a regular traveller that heads away at least 3 times a year, the annual multi-trip policy from Skiinsurance.com.au might be the right option for you. This policy can provide cover for an unlimited number of trips within any 12-month period with cover available for both domestic and international journeys. It is important to note that trips must not extend beyond 21 days and that benefit limits and sub-limits will be reinstated upon completion of each journey. Taking out an annual policy is not only more convenient for frequent travellers but can also attract significant premium discounts.
If you are taking part in any ski-related competition, you may want Skiinsurance.com.au’s specialist Professional ski insurance policy. This policy will allow you to receive cover for events that may occur while competing, or are related to competition.
Benefits Available on Single and Domestic Policies
|Overseas emergency medical support cover||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses cover including dental||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Family emergency cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Emergency travel companion cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Resumption of journey cover||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Hospital cash allowance cover||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Accidental death cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Permanent disability cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Loss of income cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Credit card fraud replacement cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Theft of cash cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Loss of luggage and personal effect cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Luggage and personal effect delay expenses||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Disruption of journey||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Alternative transport expenses cover||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Personal liability cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Domestic pets cover||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Domestic services cover||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Rental vehicle excess cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency rescue cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Snow ski equipment hire cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ski pack cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Piste closure cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure cover||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
It is important to note that the conditions for benefit payment and sum that will be paid can vary significantly between policies. It is critical that you read through the product disclosure statement closely prior to application.
Who Underwrites Ski-Insurance.com.au International Ski Travel Insurance?
This insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's, Ski Insurance is located on Level 11, 307 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
Snow related benefits available on Overseas, Domestic and Annual policies
In addition to the common cover benefits that you can expect on travel insurance policies, Skiinsurance.com.au policies also include a range of ski-related cover options to help ensure cover for losses that may occur.
Emergency rescue cover
In the event that you suffer a serious injury while on the slopes (including off-piste skiing provided it is within the resort boundaries), the following assistance services can be provided:
- Emergency evacuation or transport to the closest hospital for emergency treatment if required
Cover will not be provided if your injury occurs while participating in;
- Snow rafting
- Ski acrobatics
- Heli-skiing (unless it has been purchased as an additional option)
- Backcountry skiing
- Power assisted skiing
Cover will also not be provided if the claim arises in locations outside of recognised snow holiday periods unless the resort is open.
Snow Ski Equipment Hire
Skiinsurance.com.au may pay for for hiring of alternative ski equipment, up the maximum benefit specified on your policy, if one of the following events occurs;
- Equipment is accidentally lost
- Equipment is damaged
- Your own ski equipment is misdirected or delayed for a period longer than 24 months
- Skiinsurance.com.au can also cover any excess payable on snow-ski equipment if you have paid for additional excess cover on your policy.
Skiinsurance.com.au can reimburse certain costs if you are unable to participate in or use one of the listed items due to injury or illness;
- Pre-booked and prepaid ski passes
- Ski hire
- Tuition fees
- Lift passes
You will be required to provide a medical certificate from a certified medical adviser to verify your injury or illness.
In the event that you are unable to ski due to there not being enough snow, bad weather, power failure at your resort or lift closure, Skiinsurance.com.au may pay up to $100 per 24 hour period for transport to another resort or for additional ski passes.
Bad weather and avalanche closure
Skiinsurance.com.au can pay for the reasonable expenses of extra travel and alternative accommodation if your pre-booked outward or return journey is delayed for more than 12 hours due to bad weather or avalanche closure.
Additional options available on Skiinsurance.com.au policies
Not everyone has the same cover requirements when it comes to travel insurance and Skiinsurance.com.au offers a great range of additional benefits to help you tailor your policy closer towards your needs. For an additional premium loading, you can take out;
Specified luggage and personal effects cover
This option allows you to register any additional items that have a maximum value of $5,000. In the event that a claim is made, Skiinsurance.com.au will take into consideration the depreciation of different items and will require proof of purchase such as receipts or valuation documents.
Snow ski equipment hire excess
Additional cover can be purchased to help cover the excess that may be payable for ski-hire equipment repair or for the cost of replacement, whichever is the lesser. It is important to note that this option does not replace the insurance taken out with the provider of the equipment and only refers to any excess that may be payable.
In the event that you are unfit to return the equipment to the supplier, Skiinsurance.com.au can cover the costs of returning the equipment provided your illness or injury is certified by a medical practitioner. Maximum cost of returning equipment that will be covered is $1,000.
You have the option to purchase this extra after your policy has commenced as long as it is taken out 24 hours prior to the equipment being used.
You can purchase additional cover for single trip heli-skiing trips that you take. You will be covered for the events listed in your policy, in line with policy terms, provided cover is taken out at least 24 hours prior to your heli-skiing trip. An additional excess of $500 will apply for claims arising out of heli-skiing.
Removal of policy excess
You can pay an additional premium to have any excess removed for specified events. This option is only available on international and multi-trip policies.
Skiinsurance.com.au Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I apply for cover?
- A. You can follow the secure link located on the finder.com.au website through to the Skiinsurance.com.au website where you can begin your policy application. Policies can be purchased entirely online with cover activated in minutes. In the event that you have a pre-existing medical condition, you may be required to fill out a medical questionnaire provided by Skiinsurance.com.au
Q. How much does cover cost?
- A. This will be dependent on;
- The policy you choose
- Any additional cover options
- The length of your trip
- Where you are travelling to
- Your age
- Number of people travelling with you
Q. Is there a cooling off period?
- A. There is a cooling off period of 14 days applied to all policies from the date the certificate of insurance is provided. Policies can be cancelled provided the policy has not commenced, a claim has not been made or you have not left for your trip. A full refund can be provided if these conditions are met.
Q. Can I extend my cover?
- A. Your policy can be extended if your return trip has been delayed for a reason that you can claim on your policy or if your transport carrier has been delayed. You can request to extend your policy by mailing a request by post to be assessed by one cover. This must be provided 7 days before your original policy expires. Group policies can only be extended for every member of the group and not individual travellers.
Q. When will a claim for lost luggage not be paid?
- A. Claims will not be paid for lost luggage or personal belongings if it was left unattended in a public place.
Q. How long will it take to process my claim?
- A. In the event that a claim is made, the claim will typically be processed within 10 days. This period may be extended if further details are required.
Q. Can I choose my own doctor?
- A. You may consult your own medical adviser or the insurer can appoint an approved medical adviser for you.
Q. How do I make a claim?
- A. You must notify the insurer as soon as reasonably possible by phoning their claim department. You must provide any documentation that is required by the insurer to verify the eligibility of your claim. This may include;
- Policy reports
- Valuation documents
- Medical reports
- Original receipts
- Other proof of ownership
Q. When must I make a claim by?
- A. Your claim must be made within 30 days of your return home.
Q. How are claims paid?
- A. Claims are paid in Australian dollars. If the claim is paid to another party in another currency, the currency exchange at the time of payment will apply.
Interested in applying for ski travel cover from Skiinsurance.com.au?
If you are getting ready for your next ski trip and looking for a competitively priced and comprehensive insurance policy, one of the options from Skiinsurance.com.au may be the right fit for you. Applications can be made entirely online and you can download the policy disclosure statement from the Skiinsurance.com.au website to read up on the policy terms and conditions. finder.com.au recommends that anyone taking out travel insurance takes the time to read through the PDS and understands the costs, policy features, potential limitations of the cover and steps to be taken in the event of a claim.