Ski Insurance.com.au Review
About to hit the slopes? Get travel insurance that's tailor-made for skiers.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Don't get snowed in - compare policy features and get cover.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Ski-insurance.com.au's Ski Plus policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$5,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||64|
Table updated November 2020
What policy options do I have?
Ski Insurance offers several different policy types.
If you are heading away on an overseas or domestic ski adventure, it is important to have the right cover in place, not only for the usual mishaps that can occur while travelling but also for ski related losses that can leave you out of pocket.
Policies can be taken out as single, group or family cover with additional cover options available to ensure you have the right level of protection in place.
Read up on each and see if they suit your needs.
International and Domestic Winter Sports Insurance
Heading over to Japan to catch the freshest powder? Staying in Australia and heading over to Jindabyne?
Ski Insurance can provide you with essential international holiday cover, as well as specialised ski insurance benefits.
- Emergency rescue
- Cover for snow ski equipment hire following loss, theft, or breakage
- Ski pack gives you cover for the value of unused ski passes, hire, and tuition if you're too sick to use them
- Cover for travel to an alternative resort if you're unable to ski at your pre-booked resort
- Bad weather/avalanche cover
Annual Ski Insurance
If you're chasing snow all year round, the annual multi-trip policy from Ski Insurance might be the right option for you.
This policy can provide cover for an unlimited number of trips within any 12-month period with cover available for both domestic and international journeys.
Taking out an annual policy is not only more convenient for frequent travellers but can also attract significant premium discounts.
Professional Ski Insurance
Ski Insurance is the only insurance company that provides protection for competitive skiing and snowboarding in Australia.
This policy covers the pros with the following cover:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance & hospital expenses
- Emergency rescue
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses
- Permanent disability
- Accidental death
- Personal liability
Compare policy benefits
|Overseas emergency medical assistance|
|Overseas medical and hospital expenses|
|Includes dental expenses (per person)||$500|
|Additional accommodation & travel expenses||$50,000||$50,000|
|Includes family emergency|
|Includes emergency companion cover|
|Resumption of journey||$3,000|
|Hospital cash allowance||$5,000|
|Loss of income||$10,400|
|Credit card fraud & replacement||$5,000|
|Travel documents & traveller's cheques|
|Theft of money||$250|
|Luggage & personal effects||$5,000||$5,000|
|Luggage & personal effects delay expenses||$250|
|Cancellation fees & lost deposits||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Disruption of journey||$1,000||$1,000|
|Alternative transport expenses||$5,000|
|Personal liability||$5 million||$5 million|
|Rental vehicle excess||$5,000||$5,000|
|Snow skiing hire equipment||$1,500||$1,500|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure||$750||$750|
Table updated: November 2020
Note: It is important to note that the conditions for benefit payment and sum that will be paid can vary significantly between policies. It is critical that you read through the product disclosure statement closely prior to application.
What cover types are available?
Cover can be taken out as single, group or family.
- Single: Provides cover for you and your dependents while you are away. The benefit limit that is applicable to the policy you choose will apply to the total of all claims that are made on the policy. This is regardless of the number of people the claims relate to.
- Group: Provides cover for up to 10 people under the single policy. There will only be one issue of insurance provided, though each person will have the same cover as that provided under a single policy.
What other benefits do they offer?
In addition to the common cover benefits that you can expect on travel insurance policies, Skiinsurance.com.au policies also include a range of ski-related cover options to help ensure cover for losses that may occur.
- Emergency rescue cover. In the event that you suffer a serious injury while on the slopes (including off-piste skiing provided it is within the resort boundaries), you can get emergency evacuation or transport to the closest hospital for emergency treatment.
- Snow Ski Equipment Hire. Ski Insurance may pay for hiring of alternative ski equipment if your equipment is lost or damaged.
- Ski Pack. Ski Insurance can reimburse certain costs if you get sick and can't use prepaid ski passes, ski hire, tuition fees, and lift passes.
- Piste Closure. In the event that you are unable to ski due to there not being enough snow, bad weather, power failure at your resort or lift closure, Ski Insurance may pay up to $100 per 24 hour period for transport to another resort or for additional ski passes.
- Bad weather and avalanche closure. You can claim for the reasonable expenses of extra travel and alternative accommodation if your pre-booked outward or return journey is delayed for more than 12 hours due to bad weather or avalanche closure.
- Specified luggage and personal effects cover. This option allows you to register any additional items that have a maximum value of $5,000.
- Heli-Skiing. You can purchase additional cover for single trip heli-skiing trips that you take. You will be covered for the events listed in your policy, in line with policy terms, provided cover is taken out at least 24 hours prior to your heli-skiing trip. An additional excess of $500 will apply for claims arising out of heli-skiing.
- Removal of policy excess. You can pay an additional premium to have any excess removed for specified events. This option is only available on international and multi-trip policies.
Applications can be made entirely online and you can download the policy disclosure statement from the Skiinsurance.com.au website to read up on the policy terms and conditions. finder.com.au recommends that anyone taking out travel insurance takes the time to read through the PDS and understands the costs, policy features, potential limitations of the cover and steps to be taken in the event of a claim.
More guides on Finder
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
Fixtures and fittings: Why they matter in home insurance
Knowing the difference between fixtures and fittings can help you decide which home insurance policy is right for you.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
Bentley Continental car insurance
Learn about insuring a Bentley Continental with a prestige car insurance broker
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Ask an Expert