We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Teachers Health Travel Insurance policies
This is the broadest Teachers Health Travel Insurance product providing a wide range of cover:
- Unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical assistance and hospital expenses
- Hospital cash allowance
- Alternative transportation costs
- Loss of income
- Cancellation fees and/or lost deposits, and
- Additional expenses
This travel insurance plan is for travel within Australia, and therefore does not cover incidents related to personal injury that would fall under the terms of your own health insurance policy. However, it does provide cover in the following cases:
- Accidental death
- Additional expenses
- Travel delays
- Loss of luggage
Available for a period of 12 months, this plan is ideal for those who travel often. You are covered for:
- Emergency medical assistance
- This basic travel insurance plan covers the bare necessities, including:
- Unlimited medical assistance
- Additional expenses
- Loss of luggage and personal effects
- Cancellation fees and/or lost deposits
Cancellation and Luggage Plan
Also available as a single, duo or family option, this plan speaks to two sections of the policy:
- Cancellation fees
- Loss or theft of your luggage and personal effects
How do the policies compare?
|Benefits||Comprehensive plan||Essentials plan||Domestic plan||Multi-trip plan||Non-medical plan|
|Overseas Emergency Assistance|
|Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses|
|Emergency Dental Expenses [per person]|
|Hospital Cash Allowance|
|Loss of Income|
|Cancellation Fees and Lost Deposits|
|Travel Delay Expenses|
|Alternative Transport Expenses|
|Luggage and Personal Effects|
|Luggage and Personal Effects Delay Expenses|
|Travel Documents, Transaction Cards and Travellers Cheques|
|Theft of Cash|
|Rental Vehicle Excess|
Note: Information in the table is correct as of September 2019
Additional options available on Teachers Health Travel Insurance policies
While certain sports and activities are covered automatically under the terms of the policy, you have the option to upgrade your plan with additional options.
Teachers Health Travel Insurance Snow Pack
This optional extra is available on the Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-trip plans for an additional premium and covers:
- Emergency rescue
- Loss or damage to your own or hired ski equipment
- Bad weather
- Piste closure
Teachers Health Travel Insurance Golf Pack
If you’re planning a stay in a golf resort or just spending a few days on the greens, you can boost your current plan with this optional extra to cover:
- Personal and hired golfing equipment and
- Golf green fees
Teachers Health Travel Insurance Cruise Pack
Cruise ships go in and out of international waters, and if your policy doesn’t cover injury or loss internationally, the financial ramifications can be catastrophic. The additional premium ensures coverage for:
- Medical expenses
- Evacuation to shore
- Confinement to your cabin
- Spoilt formal attire
- Marine rescue diversion
Teachers Health Travel Insurance Bicycle Pack
For an extra premium, you can have your bicycle insured for up to $15,000.
Teachers Health Travel Insurance Adventure Pack
A number of extreme sports are not covered under the travel insurance policy “automatically included sports and activities” section, so if you’re planning to engage in high-risk sports during your holidays, you'll need to cover possible injury or loss with the Adventure Pack.
General exclusions that apply to THF Travel Insurance
You will not have cover under any section of your Teachers Health Travel Insurance policy if your claim arises from:
- Acting intentionally or recklessly
- Consequential loss
- Aware of circumstances
- Errors or omissions
- Illegal acts
- Government confiscation
- Epidemic/ pandemic
- Government warning
- Travel against medical advice
- Under the influence of intoxicating drugs or alcohol
- Engaging in professional sports
Teachers Health Travel Insurance claims
If you have to submit a claim, the key is to do it as quickly as possible after the incident. Peruse the conditions of your Teachers Health Travel Insurance policy to make sure that the incident is covered by your plan or optional extras. Here’s how to go about submitting a claim.
Get in touch
- Download the claims form and send it to Teachers Health Travel Insurance, or get in touch via telephone. It’s imperative to be quick about it – any perceived delays can result in reduced pay-outs and penalties to cover the loss on the provider’s end.
- Provide all information and documentation required by Teachers Health Travel Insurance including receipts, police reports, medical reports and proof of ownership. Remember, if you leave out crucial details or provide false information, your claim will be rejected and your policy cancelled.
- Once approved, your cover will be paid in Australian dollars into the back account you specify.
More guides on Finder
Border closures travel cancellations: Can you get a refund?
When lockdowns strike, what are your options - and will your insurance help?
7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
Avoid the MLS tax and get a rebate by taking out health insurance. Here are 7 deals that’ll save you money on your tax returns.
Stuck with Virgin or Qantas credits? How to take action
With snap border closures continuing to halt the travel plans of many in Australia, we asked seven Finder staff what they’re doing with their travel credits.
Click Frenzy™ travel: The 10 best deals
This year the deals are coming back in a big way with offers including domestic and international travel.
Start these 10 money habits and you could (potentially) save enough to cover your rent
SPONSORED: Even little adjustments can lead to big savings. Here are just a few things you can do to put more money back in your pocket.
Ex-Cyclone Seroja: What can home insurance cover?
Find out what your home insurance may cover you for if your property has been impacted by the severe weather of Ex-Cyclone Seroja. Plus, how to speed up your claim.
New Zealand travel bubble: Should I get travel insurance?
A quarantine-free travel bubble will allow Aussies to travel from 19 April. Before you book, here's what travel insurance will and won't cover you for.
How to start an auto electrical business
What you need to know if you're looking to launch your own auto electrical company.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
Ask an Expert