Australian Seniors travel insurance
Australian Seniors offers comprehensive travel insurance that covers 31 pre-existing medical conditions.
Australian Seniors specialises in travel insurance for Aussies over 50. They offer competitive rates, quality services and comprehensive coverage for seniors up to 89-years old. This insurance company offers both single trip coverage and annual coverage allowing you to choose the option that is best for you and your family.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Australian Seniors policy options
ASTI offer three levels of cover to suit all travellers.
International Top Cover
International Essential Cover
Review of ASTI benefits
We've compared some of Australian Senior's benefits so you can see which cover is most suitable for you.
|Benefit||International Top Cover||International Essential Cover||Domestic Cover|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses|
|Cancellation or amendment and expenses||Choose cover||Choose cover|
|Missed connection & special events|
|Rental vehicle excess|
|Luggage and personal effects|
|Theft of cash|
|Funeral or repatriation expenses|
Does ASTI charge an excess amount?
An excess is the amount you agree to pay if you need to make a claim on your travel insurance policy. Australian Seniors have the option of choosing a $0, $100 or $200 excess.
How does Australian Seniors handle pre-existing conditions?
ASTI handles pre-existing conditions in three ways;
- Automatically covered conditions
- Assessable conditions
- Conditions not covered
What exclusions apply to Australian Seniors?
As with all insurers, ASTI have some general exclusions to their policies, these include;
- If you make a claim that wasn't unexpected
- If you fail to take reasonable care and don't act responsibly
- If you don't provide all the necessary information to process your claim
- If you break the laws of the country you're visiting
- If you fail to get the right visas or entry requirements to a country
- If a natural disaster occurs before you buy the policy
- Any acts of war
- Claims from undeclared pre-existing conditions
- Childbirth at any stage of pregnancy
- Elective surgeries
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- If you take part in activities where you are professionally competing
- If you participate in activities where you haven't purchase extra cover; e.g, snow cover, adventure cover, etc.
Refer to the product disclosure statement (PDS) for a full list of ASTI's general exclusions.
How do I contact Australian Seniors?
Claims and contact details
Emergency assistance (24/7): +61 2 8883 7006
Make a claim online: Start the claim process at; https://www.seniors.com.au/travel-insurance/make-a-claim/online-form
Make a claim via post: Download and complete this claim form; https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-travel-claim-form.pdf
Post to: Australian Seniors Travel Locked Bag 2010 St Leonards NSW 1590
General enquiries: 1300 051 095
Ask an Expert