Travel insurance designed for baby boomers with a wide range of policy options and extras packs for cruise, golf, snow and adventure activities
Travelling is all about adventure and experiencing new things, whether it be exploring a new land overseas or discovering the hidden gems in your own backyard. As such your plans, activities and reasons for travel will vary trip-to-trip, which is why Boomers Travel Insurance policies revolve around choice, flexibility and customisation. Plans are available for international, domestic and multi-trip travel, as well as a special policy for those with pre-existing medical conditions that are normally excluded from cover.
Additionally, Lifestyle Packs are available to add to your existing insurance plan, which provide extra coverage for specific activities and holidays including cruise, snow, golf and adventure sports. So whether you are heading to Tibet to see how far you can make it past Everest Base Camp, having a relaxing break from work skiing in Whistler or heading to The Hunter Valley for a wedding, Boomers Travel Insurance offers a number of the policies and coverage options to suit your needs.
Comparison of Boomers Travel Insurance policies
So many policies to choose from, which one do I need?
This breakdown of the various Plans offered by Boomers Travel Insurance makes it easy for you to decide which one is the perfect choice for keeping you covered on your trip.
|What policies can I choose from?||What do the policies cover me for?|
Any extra benefits?
There are numerous additional perks you receive from being covered by Boomers Travel Insurance. Depending on the level of cover you take out the extras you get can include:
- Dental expenses: Provides cover for emergency dental expenses while overseas.
- Additional expenses: Provides cover for additional accommodation and travel expenses if you are medically unfit to continue your journey, or if you need to cut your trip short to return to Australia following the death or serious illness of a relative.
- Hospital cash allowance: This allowance is designed to cover your out-of-pocket expenses while hospitalised overseas, for example phone calls and TV rental.
- Permanent disability: A lump sum benefit payable if you suffer an injury on your trip that leads to permanent disability.
- Loss of income: If you suffer an illness or injury during your trip and are unable to return to work when you get home, cover is provided for the resulting loss of income.
- Theft of cash: Cover is provided when cash is stolen from your person.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses: This allowance is designed to help you purchase emergency clothing and toiletries when a travel provider delays or misplaces your luggage.
- Alternate transport expenses: This benefit covers the alternative transport expenses you incur to travel to a special event (wedding, funeral, conference etc) when your scheduled transport is cancelled, delayed, shortened or diverted.
- Personal liability: Boomers Travel Insurance can provide cover if you are deemed legally responsible for causing bodily injury or property damage to someone else.
- Rental vehicle excess: This benefit covers the insurance excess when your rental vehicle is stolen, maliciously damaged or involved in a collision.
- Flexible levels of cover: Customise the amount of cover you want on certain items within your Boomers Travel Insurance policy.
- Increase item limits under luggage and personal effects cover.
- Increase the rental vehicle insurance excess cover.
- Increase the standard excess, resulting in a cheaper premium.
Is there any optional coverage available?
Boomers Travel Insurance offers a variety of different Lifestyle Packs that supplement your travel insurance policy with additional coverage for specific activities.
Sailing off into the sunset on a romantic cruise? This Lifestyle Pack covers you for any event that might occur on the high seas.
- Unlimited ship-to-shore evacuation cover.
- $1,000 allowance for emergency dental expenses.
- Cabin confinement cover.
- Lost, damaged or delayed formal cruise attire cover.
- Pre-paid shore excursion cancellation cover.
- Marine diversion cover.
Planning a ski or snowboarding trip? Boomers Snow Pack will keep you covered while your hitting the slopes.
- $100,000 emergency rescue cover (not applicable with the Domestic Plan policy).
- $2,000 for your owned ski equipment.
- $2,000 for hired ski equipment.
- Snow sports cover.
- Cover for slope closures due to bad weather or avalanche.
- Piste closure cover.
Consider this pack if you're going to knock an adrenaline filled activity off your bucket list while on holiday.
- Cover for parachuting, hang gliding, skydiving and paragliding (must be with a licensed instructor).
- Cover for hiking to altitudes up to 6,000m where specialist climbing gear isn't required.
- Cover for diving underwater to a max depth of 30m using an artificial breathing apparatus (you must hold a valid diving license recognised in Australia or dive under licensed instruction).
- Cover for use of motorcycles with engine capacities greater than 250 cc.
- Cover for expeditions to or on the Kokoda Track/Trail.
- There are many more activities that are covered by this pack which are outlined in the Boomer Travel Insurance PDS. Please note the Adventure Pack is only available with the Comprehensive, Frequent and Domestic Plans.
The Golf Pack is perfect for those looking to practice their swing while on holiday. Get a bonus benefit if you hit a hole-in-one!
- $2,000 cover for lost, damaged or stolen golf equipment that you own.
- $1,500 cover for hired golf equipment.
- Cover for golf green fees in the event you are not able to play due to sickness or injury.
- $250 bonus benefit paid if you hit a hole-in-one from the tee. The game must involve 2 or more players and be on an 18 hole course with a par score of 65 or above.
How do I lodge my claim?
To lodge a claim under your Boomers Travel Insurance policy you will need to download and fill out a claim form, then send it to relevant address which can be found on the claim form itself or on the Boomers Travel Insurance PDS. You also have the option of phoning the insurer directly to provide details of your claim, or if you require further assistance with lodging your claim.
Its strongly recommended that you notify Boomers of your claim as soon as possible. You will also need to supply any information that Allianz Global Assistance requests to process your claim. This may include police reports, medical reports and receipts. Full details of your claim must be submitted in writing within 30 days of your return home to Australia.
Am I eligible for Boomers Travel Insurance?
Boomers Travel Insurance policies available to anyone who:
- is an Australian Citizen.
- purchases a policy before the commencement of their journey.
- is embarking on a journey that starts and ends in Australia.
Age limits are also in place and vary depending on each policy:
- Comprehensive and Domestic Plans are available to travellers of all ages.
- Essentials Plans are available to travellers aged 59 years and under.
- Multi-Trip Plans are available to travellers aged 74 years and under.
- Non-Medical Plans are available to travellers of all ages who are affected by a pre-existing condition that excludes them from other types of cover.