We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Boomers travel insurance is designed to cover travellers young at heart. They offer policies with no age limits, online medical screening for pre-existing conditions, free cover for dependents up to 25 years old and a range of optional extras for your trip.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Boomers' International Comprehensive Policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$15,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||120|
Table updated June 2020
Comparison of benefits
Boomers offers four different insurance plans, each of which can be purchased for one traveller, two travellers, or an entire family. We've listed the single traveller rates in this table.
|Benefits||International Comprehensive||International Essentials||Domestic||Multi-trip|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Accidental death/permanent disability||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000|
|Travel delay expenses||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000|
|Luggage and personal effects||$15,000||$3,000||$15,000||$15,000|
|Rental vehicle excess||$6,000||$3,000||$6,000||$6,000|
|Personal liability||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million|
Summary of policies Boomers offer
The most important features of Boomers four different travel insurance policies are outlined below.
Boomers most complete plan for a trip overseas, including unlimited medical cover, cancellation fees and a host of useful features.
The budget friendly option that includes the most important features of a policy like unlimited medical expenses, cover for cancellation and luggage.
For travel within Australia. Provides cover for things like cancellation fees, alternative travel plans and luggage loss. Medical cover is not included.
Designed for those who travel a few times within 12 months, looking for comprehensive cover. You can choose a maximum trip duration of 30, 60 or 90 days.
Policy type and age eligibility
|Policy type||Age eligibility|
|International comprehensive||No age limit|
|International essentials||59 years and under|
|Domestic||No age limit|
|Annual Multi-trip||74 years and under|
What options can I add-on to my Boomers travel insurance?
In addition to the standard features outlined above, the International Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-trip plans allow you to include the following options by paying a bit extra:
- Snow Pack. For activities like skiing or snowboarding. Adds cover for emergency rescue services, your own and rented snow sport equipment, piste closure, and closure due to bad weather and avalanches.
- Golf Pack. For golfers. Adds cover for your own or hired golf equipment, golf green fees, and a $250 bonus paid to you if you manage a hole-in-one during a game.
- Cruise Pack. Extends your medical cover to cruise ships, includes ship to shore evacuation fees, and reimburses you for cabin confinement and formal attire damage.
- Adventure Pack. For thrill-seekers and active travellers. Extends your cover to risky activities including abseiling, zip lining, quad biking, and more.
What isn't covered by my policy?
Some exclusions will depend on which plan you purchase, but general exclusions include:
- Cases where the damage is your own fault or the fault of someone you're travelling with.
- Age restrictions on the plans - some will only cover you if you're 74 or under, and the Essentials plan is only available to people 59 and under.
- Claims which arise while you're doing anything illegal or criminal.
- Claims involving pre-existing medical conditions which your insurer hasn't been informed about.
- You are under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the incident.
Claim and contact details for Boomers
Claims and contact details
Emergency contact number: 1800 780 577
Make a claim online: Start here https://claimmanager.com.au/aga/agreement
Some more information you might find useful
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert