Travel with Kit Review
Travel with Kit travel insurance offers a comparatively high cover level for trip cancellation and up to $10,000 in protection for your baggage for Aussie breaks.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the pandemic. Some information may not be accurate at this time. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please note:
- Some policies may not be available through Finder at this time
- It’s unlikely that your policy will cover expenses from border closures
- The Domestic plan offers some bumper cover limits for those who are planning an Aussie trip. This includes trip cancellation of up to $25,000. Meanwhile, the policy's standard excess payment of $100 is better than most quotes you can find on our site.
- Travel with Kit comes with an impressively long list of covers for its domestic plan. This can even include a useful $650 for the housing of your beloved pet if you get delayed at the end of your trip (just keep an eye out for sub-limits, which do apply).
- Travel with Kit wasn't one of the seven travel insurance brands we found who offered some specific cover for COVID-19 related expenses.
Review by our life insurance senior writer James Martin
Travel with Kit is an Australian-owned brand that caters to a whole bunch of travellers by allowing you to buy the cover you need. You can customise your policy by selecting a plan and adding any additional cover you might need, such as water sports activities or expensive items such as cameras or surfboards.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Travel with Kit's International Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||$25,000|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$10,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||98|
Table updated July 2021
Travel with Kit review and comparison of benefits
|Overseas medical and hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas funeral expenses||$10,000 per person||$15,000 per person||$20,000 per person|
|Emergency medical transport and repatriation||$500,000||Unlimited|
|Alternative transport costs for special events||$2,000||$5,000|
|Theft/damage to baggage and personal items||$2,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|Emergency non-medical expenses*||$500,000||Unlimited|
|Emergency travel companion||$2,000||$2,500|
|Housing of domestic pets*||$650||$650|
Table updated: July 2021
What add ons are available?
Along with their long list of benefits, Travel with Kit also offers a range of add on packs to give you flexibility and cover for the things that are most important to you.
- Adventure pack. For all the explorers and adrenaline junkies out there, this pack includes things like abseiling, diving and hang gliding.
- Bicycle pack. Cover includes loss, theft and damage to your bike while you're on holiday.
- Business pack. If you're travelling for business, the last thing you want is for any of your gear or equipment to be damaged. The business pack covers you for this as well as services like equipment hire and staff replacement costs.
- Cruise pack. Regular travel doesn't totally cover you for things that could happen out at sea. This one includes things like onboard medical treatment and evacuation as well as cruise delays and more.
- Device pack. Nobody can survive without a phone. The device pack covers your digital devices for theft, loss and damage above the standard limits.
- Golf pack. Plan to take your precious golf clubs on holiday? Make sure they are insured so that as soon as you let them out of your sight at the airport, you know the golf pack has them covered.
- Pregnancy pack. This add-on allows pregnant women to pick their cover from 26 weeks to 33 weeks for single pregnancies, and from 19 to 23 weeks for twins.
- Rental car pack. Driving abroad in a foreign country can be a little scary and intimidating. This add-on has got your back, covering you for things like dents, scratches and theft.
- Snow pack. Snowboarding and skiing is great fun but before you take to the slopes, get yourself and your gear covered.
- Water sports pack. From your surfboard, to your diving gear, us Aussies love to hit the water. This add-on covers your equipment as well as things like delays and damage.
What isn't covered by Travel with Kit plans?
Travel with Kit may refuse claims in the following circumstances;
- Loss, theft or damages occurred within your control, e.g. leaving your laptop in the hotel room unattended and not secured in the safe
- Damage to sports and leisure equipment while in use
- When losses are not reported to the proper authorities within 24hrs of the incident occurring and no written report is obtained
Here are some other exclusions, but check out the PDS for the full list.
- Claims related to illegal or dishonest acts
- Your claim is for a loss that is recoverable, e.g. if your plane ticket is refundable through the travel service provider
- You travel against government or mass media warnings
- If you participate in solo parachuting, sky-diving or hang gliding without Adventure cover
- If you travel in an unlicensed aircraft
- Unsupervised luggage and personal effects
- Travel provider insolvency
- Claim due to suicide or attempted suicide
- Travelling against medical advice
- Driving without a current Australian driver's licence
- Riding a motorcycle without a helmet or current Australian licence
If I have a pre-existing medical condition, will I be covered?
Yes - like most travel insurance providers, Travel with Kit has a list of automatically included pre-existing medical conditions that cover things like allergies, asthma, osteoporosis and coeliac disease. If your medical condition is not listed in the PDS, you may have to declare your condition and pay an additional premium when purchasing your policy.
How do I make a claim?
- Emergency claims
- The emergency response team is available 24/7 on +61 2 8880 9428 (you can reverse the charge)
More guides on Finder
How to watch Liverpool vs Southampton Premier League live and match preview
Southampton have produced a solid month, but they'll need to be at their best when they travel to Liverpool on Sunday.
[Saturday deals] 25 unmissable eBay deals from the ‘Black Friday’ weekend
Deal alert: Get up to 76% off at eBay Australia this Saturday with the latest and greatest Black Friday weekend deals.
[Saturday deals] Black Friday air fryer sales: Up to 85% off
Save up to 85% off select air fryers and multi-cookers on Black Friday from Amazon, eBay and Catch and more.
How to watch Arsenal vs Newcastle Premier League live and match preview
The Premier League's only winless team is Newcastle and they travel to Arsenal in desperate need of points.
Best weekend deals from Amazon for Black Friday: Games, tech, homewares
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday weekend deals available from Amazon, including games, home appliances, electronics and gadgets.
How to watch Sydney FC vs Macarthur FC A-League live and match preview
One of the youngest of the Sydney derbies will write another chapter this week when Sydney FC host Macarthur FC.
Black Friday TV weekend deals: Up to $3,000 off smart TVs [Updated]
The best Black Friday 2021 discounts include over $1,000 off 75-inch and 85-inch smart TVs from Samsung and Hisense.
Where to watch Alanis Morissette documentary Jagged online in Australia
Watch Alanis Morissette re-examine her rise in the music business.
How to watch Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar A-League live and match preview
Melbourne Victory look like they might be on the improve as they host a skilful Brisbane Roar.
Get up to 50% off at JD Sports this Black Friday weekend 2021
JD Sports' top Black Friday weekend deals include over $100 off Nike, Reebok and Adidas shoes and apparel.