Travel with Kit travel insurance focuses on flexibility which means you pay for the benefits most important to you.
Travel with Kit is an Australian-owned brand that caters to a whole bunch of travellers, with various optional add-ons including a water sports and snow pack.
Get quote for Travel with Kit travel insurance
What policies does Travel with Kit offer?
Travel with Kit offers 6 plans to suit travellers on a range of budgets:
Ideal for those wanting extensive cover, this policy includes unlimited overseas medical and repatriation, cancellations, non-medical emergency, dental, lost luggage, loss of income and legal liability.
For those wanting just the essentials, this policy includes medical, lost passports and cancellations.
If you're on a budget and just want the very bare minimum, this policy includes medical as well as some dental and legal liability cover.
As the name suggests, this policy includes unlimited medical and hospital cover and up to $500 of dental cover.
Inbound travel insurance
With unlimited medical and hospital, cancellations and $2,000 on dental, this is a fairly comprehensive option for those visiting Australia or coming back home.
For Aussies staying in Australia, you can get cover for cancellations, travel delays, lost luggage, accidents and more.
What do the benefits actually include?
Inclusions vary depending on what plan you choose so you pay for the benefits that matter to you most. Here are some benefits, see their PDS for the full list.
- Unlimited overseas medical and hospital cover. If something bad happens and you fall ill or are seriously injured, you don't need to be worrying about the cost of medical, hospital or ambulance services.
- Overseas dental. A tooth infection can ruin a holiday and is very expensive to have fixed which is why it's covered with overseas dental, as are broken teeth as a result of a fall or accident.
- Overseas funeral expenses. If the worst happens, it's reassuring to know that you and any named dependents are covered - for up to $20,000 - for burial or cremation overseas or to return your remains home.
- Cancellation costs. Available on basic, comprehensive, inbound travel and domestic - If you have to cancel your trip, you will be covered for the value of the unused arrangements, travel agent fees and the loss of frequent flyer points you may have used to get your tickets.
- Emergency medical transport and repatriation. Available on basic, comprehensive and inbound travel - For peace of mind, this covers you if you are ill or get injured and are unable to continue your trip. It also provides cover for the cost of a relative or close friend to travel to you if necessary.
- Theft or damage to baggage and personal items. Available on basic, comprehensive, inbound travel and domestic - For a single limit, the maximum you will be paid is $3,000 for personal computers, video recorders and cameras while you can receive up to $1,000 for your mobile phone.
- Travel delay. Available on basic, comprehensive, inbound travel and domestic - You will be paid for reasonable additional accommodation expenses, meals and more as well as unusable accommodation.
What add ons are available?
Along with their long list of benefits, Travel with Kit also offers a range of add on packs to give you flexibility and cover for the things that are most important to you.
- Adventure pack. For all the explorers and adrenaline junkies out there, this pack includes things like abseiling, diving and hang gliding.
- Bicycle pack. Cover includes loss, theft and damage to your bike while you're on holiday.
- Business pack. If you're travelling for business, the last thing you want is for any of your gear or equipment to be damaged. The business pack covers you for this as well as services like equipment hire and staff replacement costs.
- Cruise pack. Regular travel doesn't totally cover you for things that could happen out at sea. This one includes things like onboard medical treatment and evacuation as well as cruise delays and more.
- Device pack. Nobody can survive without a phone. The device pack covers your digital devices for theft, loss and damage above the standard limits.
- Golf pack. Plan to take your precious golf clubs on holiday? Make sure they are insured so that as soon as you let them out of your sight at the airport, you know the golf pack has them covered.
- Pregnancy pack. If you're travelling within the recommended time frame (33 weeks), it's good to get cover for anything that could go wrong such as unexpected injury or illness.
- Rental car pack. Driving abroad in a foreign country can be a little scary and intimidating. This add-on has got your back, covering you for things like dents, scratches and theft.
- Snow pack. Snowboarding and skiing is great fun but before you take to the slopes, get yourself and your gear covered.
- Water sports pack. From your surfboard, to your diving gear, us Aussies love to hit the water. This add-on covers your equipment as well as things like delays and damage.
What isn't covered by Travel with Kit plans?
Travel with Kit may refuse claims in the following circumstances;
- Loss, theft or damages occurred within your control, e.g. leaving your laptop in the hotel room unattended and not secured in the safe
- Damage to sports and leisure equipment while in use
- When losses are not reported to the proper authorities within 24hrs of the incident occurring and no written report is obtained
Here are some other general exclusions, check out the PDS for the full list.
- Claims related to illegal or dishonest acts
- Your claim is for a loss that is recoverable, e.g. if your plane ticket is refundable through the travel service provider
- You travel against government or mass media warnings
- If you participate in solo parachuting, sky-diving or hang gliding
- If you travel in an unlicensed aircraft
- Unsupervised luggage and personal effects
- Travel provider insolvency
If I have a pre-existing medical condition, will I be covered?
Yes - like most travel insurance providers, Travel with Kit has a list of automatically included pre-existing medical conditions that cover things like allergies, asthma, osteoporosis and coeliac disease. If your medical condition is not listed in the PDS, you may have to declare your condition and pay an additional premium when purchasing your policy.
How do I make a claim?
- Emergency claims
- Emergency Response team can be contacted on +61 2 8256 1794 (reverse the charge)
- Available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Regular claims. The easiest way to put in a regular claim is online. All you need is your policy number and Travel with Kit will do the rest.
- To discuss existing claims
- Call +61 2 8256 1794
- Email email@example.com
- Live Chat