Travel with Kit
Travel with Kit travel insurance focuses on flexibility which means you pay for the benefits most important to you.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Travel with Kit is an Australian-owned brand that caters to a whole bunch of travellers by allowing you to buy the cover you need. You can customise your policy by selecting a plan and adding any additional cover you might need, such as water sports activities or expensive items such as cameras or surfboards.
Compare Travel with Kit travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Travel with Kit's International Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||$25,000|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$10,000|
|Maximum Age Limit||99|
Table updated June 2020
What policies does Travel with Kit offer?
Travel with Kit offers 4 plans to suit travellers on a range of budgets:
Travel with Kit review and comparison of benefits
|Benefits||International comprehensive||International basic||International saver||Domestic|
|Overseas medical and hospital||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||N/A|
|Overseas funeral expenses||$20,000||$15,000||$10,000||N/A|
|Emergency medical transport and repatriation||Unlimited||$500,000||N/A||N/A|
|Alternative transport costs for special events||$5,000||$2,000||N/A||N/A|
|Theft/damage to baggage and personal items||$10,000||$2,000||N/A||$10,000|
Table updated: June 2020
What add ons are available?
Along with their long list of benefits, Travel with Kit also offers a range of add on packs to give you flexibility and cover for the things that are most important to you.
- Adventure pack. For all the explorers and adrenaline junkies out there, this pack includes things like abseiling, diving and hang gliding.
- Bicycle pack. Cover includes loss, theft and damage to your bike while you're on holiday.
- Business pack. If you're travelling for business, the last thing you want is for any of your gear or equipment to be damaged. The business pack covers you for this as well as services like equipment hire and staff replacement costs.
- Cruise pack. Regular travel doesn't totally cover you for things that could happen out at sea. This one includes things like onboard medical treatment and evacuation as well as cruise delays and more.
- Device pack. Nobody can survive without a phone. The device pack covers your digital devices for theft, loss and damage above the standard limits.
- Golf pack. Plan to take your precious golf clubs on holiday? Make sure they are insured so that as soon as you let them out of your sight at the airport, you know the golf pack has them covered.
- Pregnancy pack. This add-on allows pregnant women to pick their cover from 26 weeks to 33 weeks for single pregnancies, and from 19 to 23 weeks for twins.
- Rental car pack. Driving abroad in a foreign country can be a little scary and intimidating. This add-on has got your back, covering you for things like dents, scratches and theft.
- Snow pack. Snowboarding and skiing is great fun but before you take to the slopes, get yourself and your gear covered.
- Water sports pack. From your surfboard, to your diving gear, us Aussies love to hit the water. This add-on covers your equipment as well as things like delays and damage.
What isn't covered by Travel with Kit plans?
Travel with Kit may refuse claims in the following circumstances;
- Loss, theft or damages occurred within your control, e.g. leaving your laptop in the hotel room unattended and not secured in the safe
- Damage to sports and leisure equipment while in use
- When losses are not reported to the proper authorities within 24hrs of the incident occurring and no written report is obtained
Here are some other exclusions, but check out the PDS for the full list.
- Claims related to illegal or dishonest acts
- Your claim is for a loss that is recoverable, e.g. if your plane ticket is refundable through the travel service provider
- You travel against government or mass media warnings
- If you participate in solo parachuting, sky-diving or hang gliding without Adventure cover
- If you travel in an unlicensed aircraft
- Unsupervised luggage and personal effects
- Travel provider insolvency
- Claim due to suicide or attempted suicide
- Travelling against medical advice
- Driving without a current Australian driver's licence
- Riding a motorcycle without a helmet or current Australian licence
If I have a pre-existing medical condition, will I be covered?
Yes - like most travel insurance providers, Travel with Kit has a list of automatically included pre-existing medical conditions that cover things like allergies, asthma, osteoporosis and coeliac disease. If your medical condition is not listed in the PDS, you may have to declare your condition and pay an additional premium when purchasing your policy.
How do I make a claim?
- Emergency claims
- The emergency response team is available 24/7 on +61 2 8880 9428 (you can reverse the charge)
- Regular claims
- The easiest way to put in a regular claim is online.
- To discuss existing policies
- Call +61 2 8880 9428
- Email email@example.com
- Live Chat
Any more questions?
More guides on finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Kora Organics discount codes and coupons October 2020 | 50% off skincare and makeup
Save big on award-winning skincare solutions with these amazing Kora Organics discount codes.
Best weed killers in Australia
These are the eight best weed killers you can buy right now in Australia.
Online first aid courses in Australia
Be prepared to help in any situation. Here's what you need to know about taking an online first aid course.
Best screen protectors in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of phone films of all types to determine the best screen protectors in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best Beard Oils in Australia
These are the 6 best beard oils you can buy right now in Australia.
Best pressure washers in Australia
These are the 7 best pressure washers you can buy right now in Australia.
Best humidifiers in Australia
These are the 6 best humidifiers you can buy in 2020 in Australia.
Best kitchen knives and chef knives in Australia
These are the 5 top kitchen and chef’s knives available in Australia today.
How to watch 2020 Bathurst 1000 live online in Australia
The 2020 Bathurst 1000 race is on this weekend, here's a full preview and details on how to see all the action.