Australian Unity Travel Insurance
Australian Unity teams up with WorldCare and Allianz to give you 7 different travel insurance options.
With over 175 years of experience, Australian Unity is among the country's oldest mutual companies. They have now partnered up with Worldcare to provide travel insurance.
You can choose from 7 different policy options, from basic to comprehensive, with higher limits for couples and families. You can also get non-medical, domestic and returning residents cover. Find out more below.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What travel insurance policies are available with Australian Unity?
The top policy includes unlimited cancellation, higher limits for your luggage and personal items as well as rental vehicle excess.
This includes all that you get with a Basic policy plus cancellation and luggage cover. You'll also get $3,000 rental vehicle excess.
This policy includes unlimited overseas emergency assistance, medical and $2.5 million personal liability.
Covering you for up to 12 months travel, the multi-trip policy provides similar services as the comprehensive policy but saves you from buying more than one policy if you travel frequently.
Cancellation, additional expenses, including travel delay and accidental death are all included in a domestic policy.
This policy focuses on cancellation cover, travel delay expenses, luggage and other non-medical related cover.
This is made for Australian residents who are overseas and want cover for their journey home.
Australian Unity travel insurance review of features
Here are a few of the benefits you could be entitled to with a policy from Australian Unity.
|Feature||Comprehensive plan||Essentials plan||Basic plan||Multi-Trip plan||Domestic plan||Non-medical plan||Returning residents plan|
|Overseas emergency assistance||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Personal liability||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million||$2.5 million|
|Travel delay expenses||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000||$2,000|
|Luggage & personal effects||$10,000||$5,000||$10,000||$10,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|Travel documents, transaction cards & travellers cheques||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|Theft of cash||$250||$250||$250||$250||$250|
|Rental vehicle excess||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000|
Table was last updated: August 2019
Are there any additional cover options?
If you're looking for some more cover options, whether it's skiing or cruise cover, Australian Unity travel insurance comes with the following additional cover options:
- Cruise Pack. This add-on provides medical cover for cruises, evacuation cover, cabin confinement, pre-paid shore excursion cancellation and more.
- Golf Pack. Get cover for expensive golf clubs, golf green fees if you can't play due to illness and hole in one cover.
- Increased Rental Vehicle Excess. If you know you're hiring a car, maybe even planning a road trip, you might consider getting increased rental vehicle excess to make sure you're covered.
- Increased Item Limits. If you're travelling with items that exceed your luggage and personal effects cover limits, you can purchase extra cover.
- Snow Pack. Available to those aged 74 and under, the snow pack add-on includes emergency rescue, cover for your own snow sport gear or hire equipment, piste closure and a couple other snow related services.
What isn't included in this policy?
A number of exclusions apply to Australian Unity Travel Insurance. Your claim will not be paid if:
- Your loss is covered under any other policy or scheme, for example a workers' compensation scheme.
- Your claim arises from a pre-existing medical condition.
- Your claim is for an accident, illness or disease and you are over 70 years of age.
- Your claim is related to pregnancy or childbirth and you are more than 24 weeks along.
- You fail to take reasonable care to safeguard yourself or your property.
- You fail to take reasonable care to minimise your loss.
- Your claim relates to any act of violence or intentional damage by you.
- Your claim relates to motorcycling, unless the driver has a current Australian motorcycle licence.
- Your claim relates to hunting, racing, polo, professional sports, off piste skiing, diving, hang gliding, rock climbing etc.
- You or your travelling companion decide that you simply no longer want to travel.
- You ignored a government or mass media warning against travelling to a particular area.
- Your claim arises from suicide or attempted suicide.
- Your claim is related to sexually transmitted diseases.
- It is the result of an unlawful act of you.
- It relates to you being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- It relates to you breaching a government regulation.
- It arises because of the insolvency of a travel agent, tour operator or accommodation provider.
Claims and contact details for Australian Unity travel insurance
Claims and contact details
Emergency Assistance: +61 7 3305 7499 (reverse charges)
Make a claim online: Start here https://claimmanager.com.au/aga/agreement
Make a claim over the phone: 1300 726 087
Make a claim over email: email@example.com
General enquiries: 1800 008 614
Ask an Expert