TravelCard Travel Insurance
TravelCard offers comprehensive travel insurance that aims to take the hassle out of the claims process.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
How does TravelCard travel insurance work?
After buying a policy, TravelCard will send you a card similar to a debit card. If you need to make a claim and it's approved, they'll transfer the amount to the card and you can use it right away, rather than waiting for it to be transferred to your bank account. This means if your luggage gets lost in transit, TravelCard will send over some money so you can get out of those airplane clothes and into something fresh.
Compare you travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What policies does TravelCard offer?
TravelCard offers a number of policies for singles, couples and families. You can choose from the following:
- Domestic. Things can still go wrong even when you're only travelling from Sydney to Melbourne. Get cover for cancellation fees and other additional expenses. .
- International. TravelCard offers comprehensive cover with important benefits such as unlimited medical and cover for cancellation, luggage and travel delays, so you can feel safe as you head abroad.
- Business and corporate cover. If you're travelling for work, TravelCard offers comprehensive cover similar to regular travel insurance, plus optional cover for business equipment and documents.
What do the policies cover?
TravelCard covers you for a range of travel-related risks, including the following:
- Medical expenses. This will cover the cost of medical treatment, emergency dental treatment and the associated costs to these treatments while you're overseas.
- Evacuation costs. You'll be covered if you need to go to another country or return home for medical reasons.
- Cancellation fees. If you have to cancel your trip for reasons outside your control, you'll generally be covered for non-refundable expenses like your flight and hotel costs.
- Other expenses. For instance, if you're hospitalised and don't have a travel buddy, TravelCard will cover the costs for a family member to come and stay with you.
What options can I add on?
Depending on what you'll be doing on your trip, you may want to consider these add-ons:
- Cruise cover. It can be really expensive to get medical attention on board or to recover your costs if your pre-booked shore excursions are cancelled. Add cruise cover to your policy so you don't have to bear the cost.
- Winter sports. Planning to ski or snowboard on your trip? A winter sports add-on will cover you from the worst, such as your favourite board being stolen or you getting stuck on the top of a slope with a broken leg.
- Search and rescue. Fancy yourself an explorer? Explore too far and you might need some help finding your way back. This add-on covers the cost of authorities being involved with getting you back to safety.
- Adventure activities. This is for adrenaline junkies who can't just trek down a mountain but need to race downhill on a mountain bike. This cover extends the automatically included activities listed in the PDS such as bungee jumping, snorkelling and horse riding.
- Golf hire equipment. Don't let those tuition or green fees go to waste if you get sick or injured. This add-on also covers you if your equipment gets lost, stolen or damaged.
- Business equipment. Protect all those important business documents, demonstration goods and storage media while you're traveling. This covers the value of work-related equipment and the legal/labour costs involved with replacing them.
What's not covered?
Like any insurance policy, not everything is covered. Some of the things that your policy won't cover include the following:
- If you incurred expenses after you came home
- If you didn't enjoy your holiday
- If you were drunk or on drugs
- If you didn't take care of yourself or your belongings
- If you were competing professionally in any sports
- If you were riding a motorcycle/moped without a license
For a complete list of exclusions, have a look at the PDS.
How do I make a claim with TravelCard?
With TravelCard, you can make a claim 24/7, on the phone, via email, via Skype or via the website. Here's where to go if you need to make a claim:
- If you're overseas, call +61 2 7909 2777 (they'll reverse your charges so it won't cost you)
- If you're in Australia, call 1300 123 413
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and they can give you a call back
- Skype: call (SkypeID: TravelcardOZ)
- Online: Download and submit a claim form on www.travelcard.com.au
Questions about TravelCard? Here are some answers
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Credit Card – Existing Customer Offer
Earn Altitude rewards with Westpac’s Altitude Platinum credit card, while enjoying the benefits and privileges of platinum status.
Gifts Australia promo codes January 2021: Get up to 70% off instantly
Make Gifts Australia your go-to for great gifting ideas and solutions. Score a discount with one of these promo codes.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
Best compact cameras in Australia 2020
These are the best compact cameras for travel, low light and shoppers on a budget as chosen by thousands of online customers.
How to start a pet sitting business
Do you love working with animals? Find out how to start your pet sitting business.