They offer a wide selection of travel insurance policies that vary in the range of benefits offered and the overall costs of the plan. Their insurance plan covers both domestic and international travel, and expand to all regions of the world. They offer all customers 24/7 access to their emergency hotline, to ensure that each traveller receives the emergency assistance they require should they suffer a medical loss while travelling. They also offer travel policies for those making a one-time trip and for those who plan to travel several times throughout the year. SureSave works with various travel agencies throughout the country to make obtaining travel insurance quick and simple.
Who Is SureSave Travel Insurance?
SureSave Travel Insurance is a leading insurance company offering a variety of insurance solutions to seniors living in Australia. They have been efficiently providing travel cover in Australia for more than 10 years. They work hard to ensure that they offer seniors the right policies that include the benefits they need to protect themselves and their families while traveling. They also strive to make all of their insurance plans very affordable and provide several options so every senior can find a plan to fit his/her budget and cover requirements. They also make the claims process very easy and provide the necessary support during the application process.
What Policies Are Available Through SureSave?
SureSave Travel Insurance offers several different travel insurance policies that allow their customers to select the one that meets their travel needs and fits within their budget. Different levels of benefits are included with each travel insurance policy and some only cover domestic travel, while other plans will only cover international travel. Below is a general overview of the different plans available to help you select the right one for you.
This is the premier plan offered by SureSave Travel Insurance that is only available for international trips. This plan includes all of the major benefits offered by SureSave and can be used for trips up to 12 months in length.
- Annual Frequent Traveller Plan
This plan is similar to the comprehensive plan and provides all of the same great benefits, but it allows the policyholder to take as many international trips as they want during the course of one year. Trip duration for any single trip cannot exceed 50 days.
The Budget Plan is for those travellers who want to be protected, but at a rate that fits their budget. This plan covers only international holidays and only provides single trip coverage. Policyholders are eligible for many of the same benefits offered with the Comprehensive Plan, including overseas medical and dental expenses, cancellation costs, additional expenses, luggage and personal effects, travel delay, and personal liability.
The Necessities Plan is designed for those travellers who only require basic insurance coverage for international trips. This policy includes several benefits, including overseas medical and dental expenses, additional expenses, luggage and personal effects, and personal liability.
The Domestic Plan is only for domestic travel in Australia and its territories. Reimbursement for medical expenses is not included in this plan because you will be covered under the insurance policies of Australia. The policy does include several other great benefits, such as cancellation costs, additional expenses, luggage and personal effects cover, rental vehicle insurance excess, skiing piste closure, accidental death, and personal liability.
This travel insurance plan only covers cancellation costs in the event that you must cancel your trip prior to departure. This cancellation must be due to circumstances that are beyond your control.
SureSave Travel Insurance Cover Benefits
SureSave Travel Insurance offers many different benefits with their insurance policies. Benefits provided may vary between policies so it is critical you know exactly what you are covered for prior to departure.
- Overseas medical expenses. This benefit covers any medical or dental expenses associated with a sudden illness, sickness, or accidental injury. This includes doctor visits, hospital stays and ambulance care. Some illnesses resulting from a pre-existing condition may be not be covered under this plan.
- Cancellation costs. This benefit will reimburse you for non-refundable payments for trips that were cancelled prior to departure due to no fault of your own. This may include a sudden illness, death of a family member, or natural disaster.
- Additional expenses. This covers any additional expenses you may incur due to an illness, sickness or injury. This may include additional hotel accommodation, or transportation expenses.
- Resumption of trip expenses. This benefit will cover any expenses you incur to resume your trip due to an interruption caused by an illness, injury or death of an immediate family member.
- Luggage and personal effects. If your luggage or personal belongings are lost, stolen or damaged during your trip, this benefit reimburses you for your loss to a maximum amount.
- Rental of vehicle insurance excess. This benefit will reimburse you if you need to pay vehicle insurance excess for damage caused to a rental vehicle.
- Travel delay. You will be reimbursed for any expenses incurred due to a travel delay that was beyond your control. Some expenses included are hotel accommodation, transportation costs and expenses for meals.
- Travel services provide insolvency. This benefit will reimburse you for any prepaid travel arrangements made by a travel service that becomes insolvent before your trip.
- Domestic pets. This will cover part of the costs for emergency care for your pets while on your trip, or for a stay in a shelter if your travel is delayed.
- Hi-jacking. This provides a set daily allowance if you are kidnapped or hi-jacked on your trip.
- Loss of income. You can also be reimbursed for any loss of wages you have incurred due to a serious illness, accidental injury or a delay in your travel plans.
- Alternative Staff. In addition, you will be reimbursed for any travel expenses incurred due to the need to send an alternative employee to replace you in the event of an emergency.
- Special events. If due to a travel delay, you are at risk of missing a special event, you can be reimbursed for any alternative travel arrangements you are required to make.
- Trip disruption. If your trip is disrupted due to no fault of your own, you may be reimbursed for any costs you have incurred, including hotel accommodation, food expenses, and transportation costs.
- Additional hospital cash allowance. If you are hospitalised for more than 48 hours, you can receive a daily cash allowance to cover additional expenses.
- Skiing piste closure. If you have planned a skiing trip, you may be eligible for payments if the ski resort is closed due to bad weather.
- Accidental death. If you incur an accidental death during your trip, SureSave Travel Insurance will pay for your funeral expenses or cremation and to have your remains brought back to Australia.
- Personal liability. In the event that you are involved in an incident during your trip that requires you to pay money to another party due to your own negligence, this benefit will help cover this cost.
SureSave Travel Insurance and Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
There are certain pre-existing medical conditions that are not covered by SureSave Travel Insurance. These conditions include;
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic lung disease
- Terminal illnesses
- Fertility treatments
- Treatments for HIV or AIDS
- Pregnancies more than 26 weeks
- Mental illness
- Sexually transmitted diseases
If you incur any sudden illness that is a result from any of these pre-existing conditions, you will not be eligible for reimbursement for these medical expenses.
There are certain pre-existing medical conditions that are covered under the SureSave Travel Insurance policies. This means that if you incur a serious illness that is a result of one of these pre-existing conditions you will be eligible for reimbursement of your medical expenses. The only condition is that you must not have been treated for this pre-existing condition within the past 24 hours. These conditions include, but are not limited to;
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Congenital blindness or deafness
- Gastric reflux
- Bell’s Palsy
- Benign positional vertigo
- Dry eye syndrome
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Graves’ disease
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Solar keratosis
- Planter fasciitis
- Folate deficiency
- Hiatus hernia
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Sleep apnea
- Raynaud’s disease
- Pernicious anaemia
- Trigger finger
- Macular degeneration
- Coeliac disease
Other pre-existing conditions that may be covered depending on your specific set of circumstances include epilepsy, high blood pressure, asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, allergies, high blood lipids, and early pregnancies.
How Do I Make a SureSave Travel Insurance Claim?
If you suffer a sudden illness, serious injury or require hospitalisation for any other reason while on your trip, you must contact SureSave Travel Insurance immediately. They will take the appropriate steps to ensure that you receive the medical attention you require. This may include transferring you to another medical facility or transporting you back to Australia. If your luggage or personal belongings are stolen, damaged, or lost while on your trip, you must make a report within 24 hours to the appropriate authorities.
If you are making a claim upon your arrival back in Australia, you have a maximum of 30 days from the date of the conclusion of your trip. You must submit a completed claim form that can be obtained online or from your local travel agent. You must also include any appropriate documents, such as police reports, receipts, medical reports and proof of ownership, with your claim.
SureSave Travel Insurance will process all claims within 10 days of receipt. They will either approve your claim and make the necessary payments, request additional information prior to approving the claim, or deny the claim. If additional information is needed, or your request has been denied, you will be notified by SureSave in writing.