Priceline Travel Insurance
Compare policies from Priceline and find the right travel insurance for your trip.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Further Information on Priceline Travel Insurance
- The importance of having travel insurance
- Priceline Travel Insurance Policies
- Priceline Travel Insurance Claims
- Why Choose Priceline for Your Travel Insurance?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Priceline Travel Insurance
- More Useful Tips When Buying Travel Insurance
- Apply for a Priceline Travel Insurance Policy
The Importance of Having Travel Insurance
Buying travel insurance cover is an essential part of booking a holiday. The sad fact is that there are a whole host of unforeseen events and risks that can conspire to ruin any trip.
Think of all the potential risks you face when booking a holiday or travelling such as losing your job, suffering a medical emergency while overseas, losing all your luggage or thieves could make off with your wallet and go on a spending spree with your credit cards.
Without any travel insurance in place, these events can have a significant impact on your financial well-being. But if you take out travel insurance cover for your trip, you can enjoy protection against a wide range of risks you face while travelling. You can take out comprehensive cover or a basic plan, while travel insurance can be purchased for individuals, couples or the whole family.
If you don’t have travel insurance, it’s not worth travelling. This cover gives you the peace of mind you need to get out and see the world, without having to worry about unexpected events causing havoc with your finances.Back to top
Priceline Travel Insurance Policies
Priceline Protects offers a range of travel insurance policies to suit the needs of a variety of travellers. To start with, travellers will need to decide whether they need an international policy or one that provides cover in Australia only.
The next step is deciding whether you want cover for one trip or for multiple trips. Under Priceline’s One Trip option, occasional travellers can take out broad cover for their next holiday. One Trip International Cover is available in Basic, Essential and Premium form, while Domestic Cover is only available in Essential and Premium plans.
However, frequent travellers are catered for with the ‘Annual Trip’ policy option. One premium payment and one policy ensures you are covered for any trips you take during a 12-month period, with cover for unlimited international trips of up to 90 consecutive days with an International plan or domestic trips of up to 45 consecutive days with an Australia Only plan.
Whether you choose the One Trip or the Annual Trip option, children are covered free. However, the exact level of cover varies depending on whether you select a Basic, Essential or Premium plan.
- Basic Plan. As the name suggests, this plan is a no-frills option for travellers on a budget. International travellers can take advantage of unlimited overseas emergency medical, hospital and dental cover, as well as emergency assistance cover and $1 million of legal liability protection.
- Essential Plan. The Essential Plan is the next step up in the policy range and offers a much broader range of cover. It includes unlimited overseas emergency medical, hospital and dental cover, as well as emergency assistance cover and $2 million of legal liability protection ($200,000 for domestic travellers). However, it also includes a wide range of other cover features, such as loss of deposits and cancellation charges, additional hotel accommodation and transport expenses, cover for lost luggage and personal effects, cover for lost or stolen travel documents and mortal remains repatriation. You can also choose to purchase optional extras, such as rental vehicle excess cover and increased cover limits.
- Premium Plan. This top-of-the-line offering from Priceline Protects provides comprehensive travel insurance cover. It offers all the features you can find in the Essential Plan, but many of them increased cover limits. For example, while an Essential Plan offers $5,000 cover for loss of deposits and cancellation charges, under a Premium Plan you receive $10,000 cover. In addition, the Premium Plan offers features like a hospital cash allowance, cover for the theft of money, a delayed baggage allowance to let you purchase emergency clothing and toiletries, and an accidental death benefit. You can also purchase extra options to increase your level of cover.
Priceline Travel Insurance Claims
It’s quick and simple to make a claim with Priceline. However, if you’re overseas and need emergency assistance, call the ACE Assistance Line on +61 2 8907 5666 for help with emergency travel matters.
You’ll need to notify Priceline of your intent to make a claim within 30 days of the event that gave rise to your claim or as soon as possible. You’ll also need to submit any supporting documentation the insurer requires, which may include police reports, receipts, invoices, medical reports and valuations. Doing so will help to ensure a speedy resolution of your claim.
If you’re the subject of a liability claim, do not make any admission or offer. Instead, it is recommended that you request the claim against you be put in writing.
The loss or theft of luggage or documents should be reported to the local authorities or your travel provider — remember to obtain written acknowledgement when you do this.
If you have an overseas medical claim, you must first lodge a claim with your private health insurance provider before lodging a claim with ACE.
You can download a claims form from the Priceline Protects website and, once completed, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
ACE Claims Accident & Health
GPO Box 4065
Sydney NSW 2001
If you need any assistance with your claim, phone 1800 023 804.Back to top
Why Choose Priceline for Your Travel Insurance?
Priceline is an established Australian company with a trusted reputation. By partnering with ACE Insurance, one of the most respected names in the Australian insurance business, Priceline can offer a range of comprehensive and competitive insurance products to the Australian market. Customers have access to Sydney-based call centres as well as a 24-hour emergency assistance line.
In terms of cover, Priceline Protects offers its products with competitively priced premiums. There’s also a wide range of cover options to choose from, with policies available for single trips or multiple holidays. You can take out cover for singles, couples and the whole family, while Priceline offers a number of options to suit the budgets and insurance needs of a wide variety of travellers.
Finally, lodging a claim with Priceline is quick and easy. Claims are processed as quickly as possible and the company aims to ensure customer satisfaction.Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions About Priceline Travel Insurance
Q. What sort of policy is best suited to me?
- A. This will depend on where you’re travelling, how often you travel and the level of cover you want. Priceline offers single- and multi-trip policies, plus cover for domestic and international travellers. You can choose from a Basic, Essential or Premium Plan, while it’s possible to take out cover for just one person or for your entire family.
Q. Will I need to pay an excess when I make a claim?
- A. Yes. You can select an excess amount of $100 or $250 when you apply for cover.
Q. Is there a maximum travel period I can take out insurance cover for?
- A. Yes. Under a One Trip policy the maximum journey covered is 180 days for International Plans and 90 days under an Australia Only Plan. If you have an Annual Trip policy, the maximum journey covered is 90 consecutive days for international travel and 45 days for domestic trips.
More Useful Tips When Buying Travel Insurance
Questions to ask
The most important thing you should do when looking for travel insurance cover is to know what type of cover you need. Ask yourself:
- Do you want basic cover for emergencies or comprehensive cover for a broad range of risks?
- Where will you be travelling?
- Will you be engaging in high-risk activities like skydiving?
Answering these questions will help you assess your cover needs and determine the type of policy you’re looking for.
The next step is to go shopping for policies. As always, it pays to do your research and seek out an insurer with a trusted reputation. Finder.com.au boasts an array of tools to help you compare competing travel insurance policies, while it’s also a good idea to compare quotes from a number of insurance providers.
Remember that the cheapest insurance won’t necessarily provide the best cover. Look past the prices offered and read policy documents closely to examine the benefits, features, limits and exclusions offered by each policy. This will help you pick a clear winner.Back to top
Apply for a Priceline Travel Insurance Policy
Travel insurance is quite simply an essential expense when you’re travelling. The protection it provides is essential to ensure you can enjoy your holiday without having to worry about overseas medical emergencies, costly delays or any other travel troubles. It saves you plenty of stress and can also save you a whole lot of money, offering the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are protected against any risks.
Compare a number of policies before deciding on the right travel insurance option for you, and enlist the help of an insurance consultant if you need assistance selecting the best policy for your needs.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Six of the best electric cars in Australia
Here are some of the best electric cars in Australia in 2021.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
Fixtures and fittings: Why they matter in home insurance
Knowing the difference between fixtures and fittings can help you decide which home insurance policy is right for you.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
What is malicious damage?
Protect your home from the costs of malicious damage with home insurance. Compare policies in just minutes and get peace of mind.
Ask an Expert