Find cover options to suit your travels from Ouch Travel Insurance
Ouch Travel Insurance offers a range of online comprehensive travel insurance policies. Ouch is an agent of QBE Insurance, one of Australia’s best known names in insurance. Because Ouch is backed by one of Australia’s oldest and most trusted insurers, policyholders can rest easy knowing that they are protected by one of the world’s top 20 general insurance companies.
Compare travel insurance quotes from 20+ brands
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Ouch Travel Insurance Policies
Ouch Travel Insurance provides comprehensive cover for people under 65 years of age travelling overseas. Ouch offers four different international plans.
- Premier Plus Extras Travel Plan
Premier Plus Extras Travel Plan provides cover for travel in the USA, Canada and Antarctica and is also available for all other destinations. Qantas Frequent Flyer points are also available on this plan.
- A Travel Plan
A Travel Plan provides cover for travel in Continental Europe, South and Central America, the Middle East, Japan and Africa. It is also available to destinations in the B and C plans, but not if you spend more than 72 hours in the USA, Canada or Antarctica.
- B Travel Plan
B Travel Plan provides cover for the UK, Asia and Tahiti and is also available to destinations in the C plan, but not if more than 72 hours is spent in the USA, Canada or Antarctica or if the majority of the trip is spent in A Travel Plan destinations.
- C Travel Plan
C Travel Plan this provides cover for the Pacific Region and Indonesia, but is not available if any of the trip is spent in Premier Plus Extras, A or B Travel Plan destinations.Back to top
What is Covered by Ouch Travel Insurance?
Ouch Travel Insurance provides cover for the following events:
- Cancellation and additional expenses
Cancellation and additional expenses covers trip cancellation and additional expenses resulting from death, sudden illness, injury, natural disaster, civil insurrection, jury duty, compulsory court appearance, quarantine, vehicle accident, loss of travel documents, redundancy, destruction of home or business premises, event cancellation, insolvency and financial default of a carrier or accommodation provider.
- Medical and dental expenses
Medical and dental expenses covers medical, hospital and ambulance expenses incurred as a result of death, illness or injury plus injury of natural healthy teeth.
- Evacuation and repatriation
Evacuation and repatriation covers evacuation and repatriation due to illness or injury or to any of the non-medical events listed under the cancellation and additional expenses cover.
- Extra travel cover
Extra travel cover provides travel delay due to circumstances beyond your control, airfare compensation for a medical attendant required during repatriation, missed connection due to circumstances beyond your control, withdrawal of services at prepaid accommodation due to unforeseen circumstances, hijacking and your home and contents excess while you are away.
- Rental vehicle expenses
Rental vehicle expenses covers rental vehicle excess in the event of an accident and return of rental vehicle to the nearest depot after a claimable event.
- Luggage and personal effects
Luggage and personal effects covers accidental loss or damage, theft from a locked vehicle during daylight hours, the cost of replacing prescriptions and medications, purchase of emergency luggage, stolen cash and replacement of travel documents.
- Death expenses, permanent disability and loss of income
Death expenses, permanent disability and loss of income covers accidental death or disappearance, funeral expenses or repatriation of remains, total permanent disability (Premier Plus Extras Plan only) and loss of income.
- Personal liability and legal expenses
Personal liability and legal expenses covers compensation for third party injury or property damage resulting from your negligence and legal expenses incurred defending the claim.Back to top
Ouch Travel Insurance Benefits Table
|Benefits||Premier Plus Extras Travel Plan||A Travel Plan||B Travel Plan||C Travel Plan|
|Agents cancellation fees||$1,500/$3,000||$1,500/$3,000||$1,500/$3,000||$1,500/$3,000|
|Cancellation or holiday deferment costs||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited|
|Critical illness or injury||$20,000/$40,000||$15,000/$30,000||$10,000/$20,000||$5,000/$10,000|
|Dental expenses due to sudden and acute pain||$2,000/$4,000||$1,000/$2,000||$1,000/$2,000||$1,000/$2,000|
|Emergency travel arrangements and accommodation expenses||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited|
|Funeral expenses overseas or repatriation of remains||$25,000/$50,000||$15,000/$30,000||$15,000/$30,000||$15,000/$30,000|
|Funeral expenses within Australia||$10,000 Limit $5,000 Per Person/$20,000 Limit $5,000 Per Person||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Loss of income Section||$10,000/$10,000||$10,000/$10,000||$10,000/$10,000||$10,000/$10,000|
|Luggage and personal effects maximum item limit total||$15,000/$30,000||$15,000/$30,000||$15,000/$30,000||$15,000/$30,000|
|Medical and dental expenses||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited|
|Medical evacuation and repatriation||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited|
|Missed connection – special events||$2,500/$5,000||$2,000/$4,000||$1,500/$3,000||$1,000/$2,000|
|Non-medical evacuation and repatriation||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited||Unlimited/Unlimited|
|Post hospital accommodation||$500/$1,000||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess||$5,000/$5,000||$4,000/$4,000||$3,000/$3,000||$2,000/$2,000|
|Replacement passports and travel documents||$3,000/$3,000||$2,000/$2,000||$2,000/$2,000||$2,000/$2,000|
|Return of rental vehicle||$750/$750||$500/$500||$500/$500||$500/$500|
|Total permanent disability||$12,000/$24,000||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Ouch Travel Insurance Additional Benefits
Additional benefits you can purchase on your Ouch Travel Insurance, either before or after you depart on your trip, include:
- Snow sports cover. You are not automatically covered for snow sports, but you can purchase cover for an extra amount
- Additional rental vehicle insurance excess cover. Cover for rental car excess is included, but you can increase the amount of cover for an additional fee
- Specified item cover. You can insure items separately if they are worth more than the normal item limits payable under the luggage and personal effects cover.
What is not covered by Ouch Travel Insurance?
Some of the exclusions where cover is not provided in an Ouch Travel Insurance policy include:
- additional travel undertaken at a higher fare class that you originally chose, except where recommended by a doctor
- expenses incurred to resume your trip after you have returned to Australia
- additional accommodation where you have claimed for cancelled accommodation expenses covering the same period of time
- medical, hospital, ambulance or dental expenses incurred in Australia
- an illness or injury you were aware of before you went on your trip
- damage to dentures or dental prostheses
- expenses incurred for dental treatment due to normal wear and tear or normal dental health maintenance
- any existing medical condition that is not automatically covered
- if you do not agree to return home to Australia on the advice of a doctor
- if you evacuate or repatriate when not medically necessary or without consent
- loss or damage of fragile or brittle items, except when caused by fire or transport accident
- damage to computer screens, computer software or applications
- property you leave unattended or do not take reasonable care to protect
- luggage or personal effects for which you are entitled to compensation from a carrier
- personal computer, communication, photographic or electronic equipment, jewellery or watches checked in as luggage
- trade items, samples or the tools of your trade
- gold or precious metals or uncut gemstones
- sporting equipment whilst in use
- wear and tear or depreciation of property or damage by the action of insects, vermin, mildew, rust or corrosion
- mechanical or electrical breakdown or malfunction repair costs
- death due to an illness or your suicide
- any liability arising out of your unlawful, wilful or malicious act
- any liability arising out of your use of a mechanically propelled vehicle, aircraft, watercraft or firearm
- any liability arising out of you passing on an illness or disease to someone else.
How to make a claim with Ouch Travel Insurance
To make a claim on your Ouch Travel Insurance policy, you will need to observe certain requirements. These include:
- Do everything you can to prevent incurring a loss or further loss
- Notify the insurer and download a claim form from http://travel.qbe.com/qbe/claims or call Ouch or QBE
- Forward your completed claim form to QBE Travel Insurance
- PO Box 12090, Melbourne VIC 8006 or email it to email@example.com
Include any documents, letters or notices relating to the claim that are requested such as receipts, medical certificates, repair quotes and tickets.
Obtain evidence from your treating doctor as soon as you are aware of the signs or symptoms of your condition.
Report thefts, damage or loss to the police or other authority within 24 hours and obtain a copy of the report.
Report any loss or damage of your luggage in writing to the carrier within three days and send the insurer a property irregularity report.
If you are claiming for loss or damage of an item, provide proof of its ownership, value and age
Tell your insurer if you are entitled to claim an input tax credit at the time of making the claim.
Compare Ouch Travel Insurance policies
Hopefully, this guide has shown that Ouch Travel Insurance provides comprehensive cover for wherever in the world you are travelling and that, provided you take out the correct plan and read the policy carefully, it should offer peace of mind through knowing you will be covered in the majority of circumstances.Back to top