We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
NoWorries Insurance is offered by NWC Insurance Pty Ltd, an Australian owned and operated company that provides Bike Cover and a range of Travel Cover options to Australian customers. With a focus on making insurance easy to understand and apply for, NoWorries aims to provide value for money cover. It also specialises in covering a wide range of sports and adventure activities, and all policyholders can enjoy the protection of 24/7 Emergency Assistance provided by Intana Assist.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select country destination(s)
No Worries Travel Insurance Policies
Find out what you stand to receive in a claim and compare different options available from NoWorries.
|Feature||Comprehensive Single & Annual Trip Benefit|
|Overseas Medical Expenses|
|Luggage and Personal Effects|
|Money and Travel Documents|
|Rental Vehicle Excess|
Comprehensive Single Trip Travel Insurance
No Worries Single Trip Travel Insurance is available to applicants up to 84 years old that have resided in Australia for at least 3 months and are departing from and returning to Australia. You will be covered for up to $25,000,000 for Medical Expenses and Evacuation and for up to $50,000 if you have to cancel or adjust your trip. $20,000 in luggage cover is provided for individual trips and up to $30,000 for all insured persons on the policy.
Comprehensive Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
NoWorries Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance is designed to cover all the trips you take during a 365-day period. For frequent travellers, this can be much more affordable than taking out a separate travel insurance policy for each trip you embark upon. This policy offers $25 million worth of medical expenses and emergency evacuation cover and allows you to take an unlimited number of trips within the year. Personal accident insurance of up to $20,000 applies to each person travelling with you, while $2.5 million of personal liability cover is included as well. Other features include winter sports cover for your equipment, ski passes and lift hire; car rental excess cover; and the ability to cover domestic or international trips.
CycleBike Touring - Travel Insurance
Cycle Bike Touring Cover from NoWorries provides a range of benefits designed to meet the travel needs of cyclists. $25 million of cover is included for overseas medical expenses and evacuation, while personal accident cover ($20,000 per person, $100,000 per trip) is provided as well. Other benefits include cover for changes to your trip, lost and stolen baggage and personal property, lost and stolen personal money and travel documents, ski and golf pass fees, rental vehicle excess cover and personal liability protection.
Travel Insurance for Exodus Travellers
NoWorries Insurance has partnered with Exodus Travel, a travel agent that specialises in adventure holidays, to offer affordable cover options. If you’re on a tour organised by Exodus Travel, you can receive NoWorries cover if you participate in a range of adventure activities including abseiling, archery, boogie boarding, bungee jumping, canoeing, cycling, go-karting, hiking, horse riding, sailing, white water rafting and more. This adventure sports cover is combined with a wide range of other NoWorries Travel Insurance benefits, such as overseas medical expenses, changes to your trip, baggage and personal property, and personal liability.
Surfing Travel Insurance
Surfing Cover from No Worries offers worldwide protection so you can chase waves all around the globe. It features cover for medical expenses and worldwide emergency evacuation, as well as 24/7 emergency assistance provided by Intana Assist. $20,000 of cover is provided for your baggage, personal property and surfboards (up to $1,000 per board), while rental vehicle excess cover, personal accident cover and personal liability protection are also included.
Benefits available on Comprehensive NoWorries Travel Insurance Policies
- Medical expenses and evacuation. If you sustain an injury or suffer an illness while overseas, NoWorries offers up to $25 million of cover for your overseas medical, hospital, ambulance and emergency dental costs. Emergency repatriation is also covered, along with the cost of additional accommodation and travel expenses for one person to stay with, travel to or escort you home. Hospital incidentals are covered as well.
- Changes to your trip. If you have to amend or cancel your travel plans due to unforeseen circumstances, NoWorries offers up to $50,000 worth of cover for the loss of irrecoverable deposits and payments made in advance.
- Baggage and personal property. NoWorries covers you for the loss, damage and theft of your luggage and personal items. Take note that sub-limits apply to certain valuables, electrical items and sporting equipment.
- Missed departure/connection. This benefit covers additional costs you incur to reach your destination or continue your trip when your travel plans are disrupted by circumstances outside your control.
- Abandonment. Cover is also available if you decide to abandon your trip after a travel delay of at least 12 hours caused by a covered event.
- Personal money and travel documents. This benefit covers you for the theft of your personal money and for the loss, theft or damage of your passport and other travel documents.
- Rental vehicle excess reimbursement. This benefit reimburses you for any excess you have to pay when your rental car suffers accidental damage, malicious damage or is stolen.
- Personal accident. NoWorries offers a lump sum benefit of $20,000 per person (up to a maximum of $100,000 per policy) when you suffer an accidental injury on your trip which, within 12 months, causes death, loss of sight, loss of limb(s) or total and permanent disablement.
- Personal liability. Receive up to $2.5 million worth of cover when you are legally liable for causing accidental injury or property damage to someone else.
What am I not covered for?
- If you are travelling against medical advice or after obtaining a terminal prognosis
- If you are travelling with the intention of obtaining medical treatment or convalescent care
- If it arises due to pregnancy and you are travelling beyond the 26th week of your pregnancy; if the pregnancy resulted from an assisted reproductive program; if complications exist with the pregnancy at the time you book your trip or purchase cover; or if your claim is for childbirth or the care of a newborn child during your trip
- If it is caused by any circumstance that could have been reasonably foreseen at the time you booked your trip or purchased cover
- If it is a result of extreme winter sports activity such as ski jumping, mountaineering or heli-skiing
- If it arises due to your participation in certain sports or adventure activities, such as white water rafting (involving rapids in excess of grade 5), scuba diving (to depths of more than 30 metres), rock climbing, motor sports, or quad biking.
- If it involves your participation in professional sport
- If it arises from an accident on a motorcycle or scooter, unless the vehicle is 125cc or less, being driven by a driver licensed in the country you are in, and you are wearing a crash helmet
- If it is for air travel other than as a paying passenger on a commercial flight
- If it arises due to a mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression
- If it is caused by your attempted suicide or self-injury
- If it arises due to a dependency on alcohol or drugs
- If it arises due to a sexually transmitted disease
- If it is caused by your participation in manual or hazardous work
- If it is caused by you needlessly exposing yourself to danger
- If it is caused by you breaking the law
- If it is caused by war, riot, rebellion or insurrection
- If it results due to errors or omissions in your booking arrangements or your failure to obtain appropriate visas
- If it is caused by the bankruptcy or negligence of a travel agent, tour operator, carrier or accommodation provider.
Am I covered for pre-existing condition?
As travel insurance is designed to cover sudden and unforeseen medical events, you’ll need to declare any pre-existing medical conditions to the insurer when you apply for cover. In some cases, the insurer may agree to provide cover for your medical condition – if so, this will be specified in writing on your policy. You’ll need to go through a medical screening process in order to receive cover for your condition and you may also need to pay an extra premium.
If you suffer from a specific pre-existing condition which NoWorries Insurance will not cover, you are still able to purchase a policy – but no cover will be provided for claims related to that condition.
However, no cover is available in any of the following situations:
- If you are travelling against medical advice
- If you have been given a terminal prognosis
- If you intend to travel to obtain elective medical treatment or undertake convalescent care
NoWorries Travel Insurance Claims
The claims process with NoWorries Travel Insurance varies depending on the nature of your claim. If you experience a medical emergency covered by NoWorries, you’ll need to phone the 24-hour emergency assistance hotline offered by Intana Assist. Intana Assist will need to be notified within 48 hours of your admission to hospital, and if you’re making a claim for trip curtailment, prior to your departure to your home country.
If anything else happens which you think might lead to a claim, you’ll need to notify the NoWorries Insurance Claims Assistance Centre as soon as possible — and no later than 31 days following the end of your trip. You can get in touch by phone, email, fax or post.
Travel Cover claim forms are available for downloading and printing from the NoWorries website. You’ll need to provide your personal and policy information as well as information regarding the circumstances of your claim. Supporting documentation, for example a medical certificate, police report or proof of ownership, may also be required for your claim to be processed.
Some final questions you might have?
Q. Who can apply for cover?
- A. This policy is available for applicants no more than 84 years of age at the time of application that have resided in Australia for at least 3 month.
Q. Can I get cover if I am already overseas?
- A. No. Your trip must begin and end in Australia.
Q. Can I get cover if I am under 18 and travelling without an adult?
- A. No. Cover is only available for under-18 travellers with a guardian.
Q. Is there a cooling off period?
- A. Yes. There is a cooling off period of 14 days.
Q. What is the excess for claims?
- A. It will depend on the claim but most benefits will require a $100 excess to be paid.
Q. What activities are covered?
A.You will be covered for:
- Canoeing (up to grade 5 water rapids)
- Kayaking (up to grade 5 water rapids)
- Rafting (up to grade 5 water rapids)
- Scuba diving (up to 30m for qualified divers or where accompanied by qualified instructor)
In addition, when you select the Winter Sports Option with your NoWorries Single Trip or MultiTip Travel Insurance policy you are also covered for:
Q. Are professional sports covered?
No, you are not covered for professional sports.
Q. Can I take out a higher level of cover for an individual item?
Yes, you can increase the level of cover for high-value items such as cameras and laptops to $5,000 per item.
Q. Do I need to be an Australian resident to take out cover?
You will need to have been an Australian resident for at least three months and be starting and ending your trip in Australia if you wish to take out NoWorries Single Trip Travel Cover.
Q. How much cover is available for overseas medical expenses and evacuation?
NoWorries provides up to $25 million of cover for your overseas medical, hospital, ambulance, emergency dental, evacuation and repatriation expenses.
Q. How old do I need to be to take out cover?
This policy is available to applicants aged from 18 to 84 years.
Q. Can I work overseas and still be covered by NoWorries?
Yes, but only if the work you perform is not manual or hazardous.
Q. What factors affect the cost of my policy?
NoWorries will take a range of factors into account when assessing the cost of your premiums, including where you’re going, how long you’re travelling for, the number of people to be insured and their age.
More guides on Finder
Vanuatu opens borders: 6 tips to save on a holiday
Vanuatu can be more exclusive (and expensive) than other nearby island destinations – here's how to make the most of a holiday without breaking the bank.
Travel insurance that covers COVID
Here's how travel insurers are responding to the pandemic.
Toyota Prado Car Insurance
Compare policies side-by-side with our complete guide to Toyota Prado insurance.
What does travel insurance cover?
Travel insurance can protect policyholders in multiple different ways, including trip cancellations and cover for expensive medical costs if you get sick or hurt on your trip.
Flying soon? 7 tips from recent travellers for a stress-free trip
Five Aussies give their tips for international travel right now based on their experience flying to 5 of Australia's favourite destinations.
Flying soon? 7 tips from recent travellers for a stress-free trip
5 Aussies give their tips for international travel right now, based on their experience flying to 5 of Australia's favourite destinations.
International travel updates: French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Thailand, Japan
Farewell to pre-departure tests and hello to more countries reopening.
Travel insurance for over 70s
Over 70 and need travel insurance? Compare your options to get affordable cover for what matters.
Japan reopens in June: New travel rules explained + top deals
The doors are being opened to Aussie tourists on 10 June, but before you start planning there are a few rules to be aware of.
Ask an Expert