We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the pandemic. Some information may not be accurate at this time. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please note:
- Some policies may not be available through Finder at this time
- It’s unlikely that your policy will cover expenses from border closures
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What travel insurance policies does Huddle offer?
Huddle offers both Basic and Comprehensive travel insurance policies. Here’s a comparison between the two cover options:
Compare Huddle’s Basic versus Comprehensive policies
|Benefit||Basic policy||Comprehensive policy||Excess|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||$100 per person per claim|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses||$100 per person per claim|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||$5,000*||$12,000*||$100 per person per claim|
|Additional expenses||$12,000*||$100 per person per claim|
|Hospital cash allowance||$5,000||Nil|
|Loss of income||$10,000||Nil|
|Travel documents, credit card and traveller’s cheques||$5,000||$100 per person per claim|
|Theft of cash||$250||$100 per person per claim|
|Luggage and personal effects||$5,000||$10,000*||$100 per person per claim|
|Luggage and personal effects delay expenses||$750||Nil|
|Travel delay expenses||$2,000||Nil|
|Special events||$5,000||$100 per person per claim|
|Personal liability||$1 million||$2 million||$100 per person per claim|
|Rental vehicle excess||$5,000*||$100 per person per claim|
|Dependant children go free||$100 per person per claim|
*Sub-limits apply to these benefits
What additional options are there?
- Winter sports. Huddle offers extensive cover for those who are hitting the slopes. You can extend your cover to include recreational skiing and snowboarding, ice skating, tobogganing, ice hockey and much more. Exclusions apply, so ensure you read the product disclosure statement (PDS) in detail.
- Specified luggage and personal effects. If you’re bringing an expensive camera or laptop on a trip with you, there is an option to take out extra cover for these valuables (up to $5,000). You’ll have to specify which items you want cover for.
- Excess removal. By paying an additional premium you can reduce your policy excess to zero.
What are the exclusions?
As with every insurance policy, there are certain things that you won’t be covered for. Huddle won’t pay out your claim if:
- You are not acting in a responsible way to protect yourself and your property.
- You are acting illegally or breaking any government prohibition, law or regulation, including visa requirements.
- You are driving a motor vehicle without a valid Australian licence.
- You are travelling to a country against the advice of the mass media or any government travel warning.
- You are scuba diving, unless you have an Australian open-water diving licence.
- You are hunting, engaging in open-water sailing, playing polo, mountaineering or rock climbing using ropes or other climbing equipment, parachuting, hang-gliding, or paragliding.
- You are participating in a professional sport in a professional capacity of any kind.
- You are pregnant, unless you satisfy the cover criteria. See PDS for full details.
For a complete list of general exclusions, review the PDS to determine if this is the right policy for you.
What makes Huddle different?
- They’re environmentally friendly. Huddle is known for its philanthropy and environmental awareness. Surplus profits are used to fund the company’s Planet Huddle, which supports the fight against climate change via carbon reduction projects as well as Local Huddle, which supports programs such as Meals on Wheels and surf clubs.
- Kids go free. Huddle covers dependant children free of charge when travelling with an insured parent, grandparent or guardian.
- Claim instantly. Lodge your claim online and, if you’re eligible, cash will go straight into your bank account.
- 43 pre-existing medical conditions are covered. Ensure you check the PDS to see what kinds of conditions are covered.
Who can apply for Huddle Travel Insurance?
Huddle Travel Insurance is available to Australians or permanent residents no more than 79 years old at time of purchase who make that purchase before the travel commences and for travel that begins and ends in Australia.
How do I make a claim?
For medical, hospital or dental claims, Huddle asks that travellers contact the company as soon as practicable to expedite the approval process. Other claims are required to be submitted within 30 days of your return.
Huddle’s claims are processed within 10 business days after receiving a completed claims form with supporting documentation.
Refer to the PDS for additional Huddle claims information.
More guides on Finder
ANZ Rewards Platinum – Exclusive Offer
Offers a competitive rewards program, 150,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points, a first-year annual fee waiver and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Farm insurance can provide the protection Australian farmers need. It can include ✓ building insurance ✓ crop insurance ✓ livestock insurance
Lying for their life: 3.8 million Australians are untruthful on life insurance applications
Millions of Australians have told a fib in order to get a discount on their life insurance policy, according to new research by Finder.
You can stay on your parents’ health policy until you’re 31 – if your fund plays ball
Aussies can stay on their parents' policy until they’re 31, and health funds are welcoming the changes.
Boost your 2021 tax return: Top tips for a bigger refund
It's tax time! Finder's money writers share their tips to claim deductions on everything from your home office, car and insurance to your mortgage.
Border closures travel cancellations: Can you get a refund?
When lockdowns strike, what are your options - and will your insurance help?
2021 MG HS Review
MG's HS is a convincing mid-size SUV. It offers undeniable value, a well-designed interior, ample practicality and is a genuinely attractive car from the still fledgling brand.
7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
Avoid the MLS tax and get a rebate by taking out health insurance. Here are 7 deals that’ll save you money on your tax returns.
Ask an Expert