finder.com.au does not currently have access to this Travel Insurance provider. The thought of travelling without travel insurance should frighten the living daylights out of you. Travel insurance acts as a safety-net, which will protect you if something unexpected happens during your journey.
Whether you need emergency medical care or you are stranded in a strange place with no money, it is the travel insurance that will come to your rescue. So, you should make it a point never to plan your trip, be it within Australia or overseas, without insurance that suits your needs.
There are so many travel insurance carriers in Australia and choosing among them can be a Herculean task. This is one of the reasons, although a minor one, why many people decide to take the risk of travelling without travel insurance. If you are looking for reliable and reputable travel insurance carrier, look no further than Good2Go Travel Insurance.
The company is backed by AIG, which is a major insurer not just in Australia, but also globally. All policies issued by Good2Go are underwritten by AIG. This should give you peace of mind knowing that you are getting a reliable product that fits into your budget and offers the kind of protection you are seeking.
Compare travel insurance quotes from 20+ brands
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Who is Good2Go Travel Insurance?
Good2Go Travel Insurance is underwritten by AIG, an Australian insurer. AIG has been operating in Australia since 1957 and has offices located in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. The company is truly a global company, with customers in more than 130 countries.
The American International Group, Inc. (AIG) has been combining its local expertise with international experience, to provide affordable and flexible insurance products and services. It is listed on the New York Stock Exchange as well as the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
In Australia, AIG offers travel insurance under the banner of Good2Go. There are a wide range of travel insurance policies that you can choose from.
- Annual Multi-Trip: This type of travel insurance is well suited for frequent travellers. It covers unlimited overseas and domestic journeys each year and can be taken as an individual or family. It offers coverage up to 45 days per trip.
- International Single Trip: If you are going on an international trip, this policy will cover trip cancellations, travel interruptions, overseas emergency medical and delayed or damaged baggage.
- Domestic Travel: Even if you want to travel within Australia, you can get travel insurance that covers you up to 35 days. This policy from Good2Go allows you to increase the level of cancellation to $40,000 if you are travelling as a family.
- Mature Age +70: Many insurers think twice about offering travel insurance to travellers over 70 years of age. Good2Go covers seniors up to the age of 85 for international and domestic trips.
Why take out cover with Good2Go Travel Insurance Australia?
Good2Go offers a wide range of travel insurance options. It is backed by AIG, which is one of the largest insurers in Australia. What really makes Good2Go Travel Insurance attractive is the worldwide assistance they provide their customers. This assistance is offered Travel Guard™.
Travel Guard™: This consists of a team of doctors and medical professionals who you can contact 24 hours a day in case you need medical assistance or advice while travelling outside Australia. If you face an emergency during your overseas trip, all you have to do is pick up the telephone and get in touch with one of their highly skilled experts. Travel Guard™ can provide you with:
- Advice on vaccination requirements based on your destination
- Assistance in case of lost luggage, credit cards and travel documents
- Medical care
- Payment for your hospitalisation and medical needs
- Medical evacuation or repatriation
- Reschedule your travel plans in case your trip is cancelled or postponed due to an emergency
Travel Guard™ offers emergency assistance with a simple telephone call 24/7. You also have the luxury of reversing the call charges when you call the Travel Guard™ from certain countries.
Cover for Senior Travellers: Because many seniors have pre-existing health conditions, as a result of their advanced age, a lot of insurers do not offer them travel insurance. This is not the case with Good2Go. Now, even older travellers can enjoy affordable and comprehensive seniors travel insurance. This ensures seniors have peace of mind when travelling overseas, as the insurance offers cover for non-refundable prepaid travel arrangements, emergency expenses, overseas medical expenses, accidental death, loss of income, travel delay and much more.
Good2Go Travel Insurance options
Good2Go Travel Insurance offers a wide range of policies and you are sure to find one that suits your needs and budget.
International Travel Insurance
If you are under 70 years of age, you can enjoy comprehensive travel insurance that provides single and family cover for emergency expenses, luggage and travel delays, non-refundable prepaid travel arrangements, accident death, overseas medical expense and loss of income among others.
This policy also is open to senior travellers over the age of 70. This insurance comes with the benefit of Travel Guard™, which is a worldwide assistance provided by AIG. Assistance is available 24/7 and you can get advice in case of a medical emergency or any associated problems while travelling overseas.
This insurance offers four cover plans, which are as follows:
- Region A: All destinations worldwide
- Region B: All destinations worldwide, excluding Japan, Antarctica and North, South and Central America
- Region C: The United Kingdom and Asia, excluding China and Japan
- Region D: New Zealand, Norfolk Island and the South Pacific
Annual Multi Trip Traveller Insurance
If you are a frequent traveller, you can save money by opting for this travel insurance. It is an annual policy that covers business and leisure trips. This policy covers unlimited trips, but duration of each trip cannot exceed 45 days. It offers cover for overseas travel as well as travel within Australia, as long as you are 250 km from your home.
The Annual Multi Trip Traveller Insurance has two destination-based plans. PPlatinum offers cover during your travel to the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America and Antarctica. PGold covers all other overseas destinations.
The Essentials Travel Insurance
If you intend going on an overseas trip and are under the age of 60, you can get comprehensive travel insurance with this policy. You can get single or family cover for luggage, overseas medical expense, non-refundable prepaid travel arrangements, luggage delays and much more. Here too, the policy offers AIG’s 24-hour Travel Guard™ assistance for medical emergency or any associated problem.
The insurance has the following cover options:
- Region A: Worldwide
- Region B: Worldwide, but excludes Japan, Antarctica and North, South and Central America
- Region C: The United Kingdom and Asia, but excludes China and Japan
- Region D: New Zealand, Norfolk Island and South Pacific
Australian Domestic Travel Insurance
Many Australians travelling within the country often do not opt for travel insurance, as hospital and medical expenses are not covered like they are in overseas travel insurance. But what these travellers forget is anything can go wrong even while travelling within Australia and you should be prepared for it. With Good2Go’s Domestic Travel Insurance, you will have peace of mind knowing you are insured for medical emergencies. If your Medicare does not offer coverage for certain things, this policy will take care of it. It also offers cover for kidnap, accidental death, hijack, travel delays, lost or damaged luggage, emergency expenses and non-refundable prepaid travel arrangements.
If cancellation is your main worry, you can get cancellation only policy that provides cover for non-refundable and prepaid travel arrangements. This policy also offers cover for emergency expenses. Depending on the type of policy you take, you can enjoy $1,000 or $2,000 cap.
The cover options are as follows:
- Cancellation Only: $1,000
- Cancellation Only: $2,000
- Comprehensive Cover for singles and families
The Australian Domestic Travel Insurance is for travellers under the age of 70.
Seniors Travel Insurance
If you are a senior who intends travelling within Australia or overseas, it is important you get the right travel insurance. Good2Go offers travel insurance to seniors up to the age of 84.
The Seniors Travel Insurance covers many pre-existing health conditions, like tinnitus, allergies, asthma, osteoporosis, hay fever, epilepsy and allergies. You also get cover for overseas hospitalisation, cancellation fees, emergency expenses and many other benefits.
The cover options for overseas and domestic travel insurance for seniors are as follows
- International Platinum: Cover for the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America and Antarctica
- International Gold: Cover for travel to Europe, Ireland, Japan, the Middle East, Africa, Mauritius, Scandinavia and Russia
- International Silver: Cover for travel to Asia, India, Indian Sub-Continent, the United Kingdom, Indonesia and China
- International Bronze: Cover for travel to South West Pacific, Norfolk Island, New Zealand and Bali
- Domestic: Cover for travel within Australia. It also offers cover for Lord Howe Island, Cocos Island and Christmas Island
Good2Go Travel Insurance Benefits
Good2Go Travel Insurance offers a wide range of benefits, depending on the type of policy you purchase. Some of the benefits that you can enjoy are as follows:
- Cancellation Fees and Lost Deposits: This covers cost of cancellation fees and lost deposits on your prepaid tickets as well as bookings. It does not cover tickets purchased using frequent flyer points.
- Overseas Medical, Hospital, Dental and Other Hospital Expenses: If you fall ill or get injured during your overseas journey, you can get covered for medical, hospital, dental and other related expenses. If you are hospitalised for more than 48 hours, you will receive $50 for every 24 hours. The policy also covers emergency dental expenses up to $2,000. This policy also covers medical evacuation. The cost of accommodation, travelling and meals of your travelling companion too are covered under this benefit along with funeral expenses in case you die during your overseas journey.
- Luggage and Personal Money: You are covered if your luggage is lost, stolen or damaged. You will be paid for repair or replacement of your luggage. Each time in your luggage will be paid based on the plan you have chosen. This also covers loss or illegal use of travel documents, traveller’s cheques and credit cards.
- Emergency Expenses: If your trip is disrupted due to lost or stolen travel documents, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions or you are medically unfit to travel, the additional expenses of accommodation, meals and travelling would be covered.
- Travel Delay: If your prearranged transport gets delayed for at least 10 hours for reasons beyond your control, you can claim for accommodation, meals and travelling expenses.
- Hijack and Kidnap: You will receive $1,000 for single cover and $2,000 for family cover for every 24 hours that you are held captive. This amount is paid for a maximum of 10 days.
- Special Events Missed Connections: You have made arrangements to attend special events, such as funerals, weddings or conferences, and your transport is delayed due to unforeseen reasons and you make alternative arrangements, you can get paid for the expenses you incur.
- Home Help: In case you were hospitalised overseas for a minimum of 10 days, you can get paid to cover expenses for home help. This excludes nursing.
- Accidental Death: If you are befallen by an injury or illness while travelling, which results in your death after returning home (up to 12 months) your family will be eligible to receive the benefits stated in your policy.
- Accidental Disability: If you suffer an injury during your trip, you can get a lump sum benefit of $10,000 for your disability, such as permanent total loss of eyesight or one or both limbs.
- Personal Liability: You get covered for expenses if you cause loss or damage of property, injury or death. The insurance covers legal costs as well as expenses for settling the claim.
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess: The insurance policy will reimburse up to $4,000 for rental vehicle insurance excess in case of vehicle collision damage or theft while the vehicle was under your control.
- Loss of Income: If you get injured or ill during your travel and are unable to work on returning home, you will get paid $400 per week for 13 weeks.
- Financial Default: You will receive assistance if your travel service provider collapses. This excludes travel agents though.
What is the Good2Go Travel Insurance Excess?
When you make a claim, you will have to pay an excess. This amount is agreed when you take the travel insurance and the sum is deducted from your claim amount. Good2Go Travel Insurance offers you a wide range of excess payment options.
- For single trip international plan, the excess is $100
- For Annual Multi Trip plans, the excess is $100
- For single trip domestic plan, the excess is $50
If you want to remove excess from your plan, you can pay an addition sum of $15 for your policy or $25 for Annual Multi Trip insurance. You have the option of removing the excess from any type of travel insurance you purchase from Good2Go.
Good2Go Travel Insurance claims process
If you intend to make a claim, there are some rules you need to follow. You need to inform Good2Go immediately if something happens that could result in a claim.
You also have to inform the police, hotel, transport provider or any other authority if you experience delays, loss or damage. This should be done within 24 hours of the incident and you should get a written report of the same. The report should be attached to your claim form.
Good2Go may ask you for the following information that you would have to provide at your expense:
- Police report
- Report from hotel and/or transport provider
- Doctor’s reports
- All receipts, bills, quotations and accounts
- Proof of ownership
- Your original tickets in case the insurance provider paid to bring you back
- Legal notices or letters your receive for a claim
- A written letter from your travel agent about cancellation fees and/or lost deposits
You should not claim the same expenses from another insurer. If you do, you would have to refund the amount paid to you by Good2Go after receiving payment from the second insurance provider. But you can make a claim to settle the difference if the first insurance provider does not settle the full amount of your claim.
While Good2Go will protect you against personal liability, you should not admit fault, make an offer or payment for any claim without first consulting with the company.
Good2Go makes all claim payments in Australian dollars at the exchange rate that was prevalent when the incident took place.