Get travel insurance for sports and activities with the NoWorries Single Trip Policy
NoWorries Insurance is provided by NWC Insurance Pty Ltd, an Australian owned and operated insurance provider that aims to offer simple and affordable travel cover to its customers. With policies underwritten by Lloyd’s of London, one of the most trusted names in the insurance business, NoWorries specialises in offering cover for winter sports and other recreation pursuits for active travellers.
NoWorries Single Trip Travel Cover offers a financial safeguard against several potential travel risks you may encounter on an overseas holiday. It includes cover for overseas medical expenses, lost or stolen luggage, amendment and cancellation fees, personal accident, personal liability costs and more.
What Does the NoWorries Single Trip Policy Cover?
- Medical expenses and evacuation. This benefit provides cover for the cost of your overseas medical, hospital, ambulance and emergency dental costs, as well as emergency evacuation and repatriation if required. NoWorries Single Trip Travel Cover also includes cover for the cost of additional accommodation and travelling costs someone else to stay with, travel to, or escort you home. A daily hospital cash allowance is also paid if you are hospitalised for more than 24 hours.
- Changes to your trip. If unforeseen circumstances, for example a serious illness, force you to cancel or abandon your trip, NoWorries will reimburse you for the loss of irrecoverable deposits and payments made in advance for travel and accommodation.
- Missed departure/connection. If your trip is disrupted by circumstances beyond your control, you will receive cover for the additional costs you incur to reach your booked destination or continue your trip.
- Abandonment. If you experience a covered delay of at least 12 hours from your scheduled departure time, you’ll be reimbursed for your unrecoverable paid travel costs if you decide to abandon your trip.
- Baggage and personal property. If your baggage and personal property are lost, stolen or damaged, you’ll be covered for their repair or replacement. Keep in mind, however, that sub-limits apply to the amount of cover offered for sporting equipment, electrical items and valuables. Cover is also offered if your luggage is delayed for more than six hours.
- Personal money and travel documents. In addition to theft of money from your person, NoWorries Single Trip Travel Cover also covers the loss, theft and damage of your passport and other travel documents.
- Ski and golf pass fees. This benefit provides cover when you are unable to ski or play golf during your trip due to unforeseen circumstances. Cover is available for the loss of unused ski or golf passes, ski or golf equipment hire and ski or golf tuition fees.
- Rental vehicle excess reimbursement. If your rental car is stolen or damaged and you’re required to pay an insurance excess to the rental company, this benefit allows you to recoup the amount you pay.
- Personal accident. A lump sum personal accident benefit is payable if you sustain an accidental injury during your trip which, within 12 months, causes death, loss of sight, loss of limb(s) or total and permanent disablement.
- Personal liability. If you cause an accidental injury to someone else or damage to their property, you will be covered for the cost of your legal liability.
Any additional cover?
NoWorries Single Trip Travel Cover can also be tailored to suit the specific needs of different travellers, including:
- NoWorries Bike Cover - If you’re a cyclist and your taking your bike along on your international trip, you may want to pair your travel insurance with NoWorries Bike Cover. This policy offers worldwide protection for damage and theft, as well as new for old replacement.
- Ski & Snowboard Travel Insurance - This policy includes up to $2,000 cover for your ski, snowboard and snow gear while in use. Unused lift pass and ski hire cover is included for when injury and illness prevent you from hitting the slopes, while the loss and theft of lift passes is also covered.
- Surfing Travel Insurance - Cover for the loss, theft and damage of your surfboards (up to $1,000 per surfboard) is available under this policy.
How do I claim?
If you experience a medical emergency while overseas, you’ll need to contact the NoWorries Travel Insurance 24/7 emergency assistance line, operated by Intana Assist. Medical costs, repatriation costs and trip curtailment claims will only be covered if they have been authorised by Intana Assist, who will need to be notified within 48 hours of your admission to hospital.
For any other loss or event that could lead to a claim, notify NoWorries Insurance as soon as possible but no later than 31 days after you return to Australia. You can get in touch with the insurer via phone, email, post or fax, and once you’ve provided your name, contact details, policy number and information regarding the nature of your claim, you will be able to fill out a claim form.
These forms can be downloaded from the NoWorries website. Once the form has been filled out, you can submit it to the insurer along with any required supporting documentation, such as a medical certificate, police report or proof of ownership.
Q. What sporting activities are covered as standard?
A. NoWorries provides cover for cycling, surfing, canoeing/kayaking/rafting (providing they don’t involve white water rapids greater than grade 5) and scuba diving (up to 30m for qualified divers or where accompanied by qualified instructor).
In addition, when you select the Winter Sports Option with your NoWorries Single Trip Travel Insurance policy you are also covered for; skiing, snowboarding, skidooing, snowmobiling and tobogganing.
Q. Am I covered if I cancel my trip before leaving?
A. Yes you are, if you have to cancel your trip due to an insured event, for example if you suffer an injury or if a relative passes away.
Q. Can I take out a higher level of cover for an individual item?
A. Yes, you can increase the level of cover for high-value items such as cameras and laptops to $5,000 per item.
Q. What about if I’m already overseas?
A. If you’ve already begun your journey and you wish to take out cover, you’ll need to phone the NoWorries customer care centre to find out whether you may be able to receive cover.
Q. Is there a cooling-off period?
A. Yes, you have 14 days after purchasing your policy to change your mind about the cover. If you wish to cancel your policy and receive a full refund during this period, you’ll need to notify NoWorries Insurance in writing of your intention to cancel your policy.
NoWorries Single Trip Travel Cover offers a range of competitive features and benefits to travellers, so compare it with other policies on finder.com.au to find the cover that suits your budget and travel needs.