Mondial Travel Insurance - Now Operating As Allianz Global Assistance
Mondial Assistance now operates as Allianz Global Assistance following a recent rebranding. There has been no change to the company itself, only the name has changed.
Allianz Global Assistance is a provider of travel insurance and emergency assistance in Australia and New Zealand, providing travel cover and assistance to over 250 million people each year. Allianz provides emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year anywhere in the world.
What insurers are backed by Allianz Global Assistance?
Who is Mondial Travel Insurance?
In 1983, Allianz Global Assistance was founded as a medical assistance provider named Worldcare. In 2001 Worldcare became a member of the Allianz Global Assistance Group, which was previously known in Australia as Mondial Assistance. In the years since the merger, Allianz has grown to be one of the largest insurers and assistance providers in Australia.
Founded in Switzerland in the 1950s, the Allianz Global Assistance Group now has a presence in over 29 countries and has become a trusted and established name within the insurance industry. With partners in many industries, Allianz Global Assistance have become experts in offering a high level of customer care with a stellar reputation in claims handling and resolution, excellence in support through their 24-hour call centre, and their affordable, quality insurance options. They primarily partner with airlines, travel agencies, banks, and other organisations to provide the best in insurance and assistance services. Through this merger with the Allianz Global Assistance Group, Mondial Assistance is now part of an initiative to provide the best insurance support on a global scale.
The company has been in the insurance industry for many years and have a wealth of experience and knowledge in specialty insurance. Now, as Allianz Global Assistance Australia, they have the famed expertise and excellence of Allianz Global Assistance Group to continue with their mission of providing peace of mind and aid to Australians abroad.Back to top
Mondial Travel Insurance Policies
Allianz Australia has established a trusted and excellent reputation within the insurance industry, but also among Australians as Mondial Assistance. They provide several travel insurance plans with differing coverage and pricing options, and for all policies dependent children under the age of 21 are covered free of charge. All insurance policies include access to Allianz Australia’s constantly open client support line.
- Budget. Allianz budget option is available for both single and duos. With this policy you are covered for unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses, as well as unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance. In addition to these benefits, you will be covered for $500 for dental expenses and $5 million personal liability.
- Australia Only. The Australia only policy features unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits. Other policy features include:
- $50,000 for additional expenses
- $25,000 for accidental death
- luggage and personal effects of up to $7,500
- travel delay expenses limited to $2,000
- $5 million for personal liability
- rental vehicle excess $6,000.
*As you are travelling around Australia, you are not covered for medical.
- Comprehensive International. Allianz’s Comprehensive International policy provides unlimited cover for cancellations and lost deposits, emergency overseas medical assistance, and overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. Other cover includes:
- $500 for dental
- additional expenses up to $50,000
- a hospital cash allowance of $5,000
- accidental death cover of $25,000
- permanent disability cover of $25,000
- $10,400 for loss of income
- $5,000 for credit cards, travel documents and credit cards
- $250 for stolen cash
- $2,000 for travel delay expenses
- alternative transport expenses cover for $5,000
- personal liability cover of $5 million
- rental excess cover for $6,000.
- Frequent Traveller. Allianz Frequent Traveller insurance offers all of the same options as the Comprehensive International policy with one minor difference. The Frequent Traveller policy only provides $1,000 cover for travel delay expenses as opposed to the Comprehensive International, which provides $2,000.
Mondial Travel Insurance claims
Allianz Australia handles all travel insurance claims directly with the promise to process claims within 10 business days of receipt of the claims form and supporting documentation. If you claim is successful, you will be paid the amount in Australian dollars. Allianz Australia requires that you pay for the expenses on your trip and submit your records of payment, along with any pertinent documentation. You should send in your claim and supporting documents as soon as possible, to ensure it is a smooth and speedy process.
To initiate the claims process, you will need to fill out an online claims form on the Allianz Australia website. To make this process easier, make sure you have your policy number on hand. After you’ve completed the online form, print it off and attach any supporting documents (accident reports, medical forms, or other relevant documentation) and send it off to Allianz. Make sure to scan a copy of these forms and supporting documentation for your own records, as Allianz will require you to send in the original copies.
As Allianz Australia is part of the internationally recognised Allianz Global Assistance Group, you know that you’re purchasing travel insurance from a provider that you can trust. With a 24/7 customer support hotline available to any of Allianz Australia’s policyholders and a stunning reputation in customer care and claims management, Allianz has the best interests of its customers in mind. Allianz Australia has many years of experience in the specialty and travel insurance industry and prides itself on providing the best coverage travel insurance experience for Australians.
Travel insurance with Allianz Australia can be purchased through any one of their many Australian travel partners.Back to top
Why choose Mondial for your travel insurance?
Whether you’re taking a small business trip or an extended international vacation, you need to purchase travel insurance so that you are protected in an emergency. Allianz Global Assistance Australia was formed on the basis of providing the best for Australians. Backed by the reputation of the Allianz Global Assistance Group, their claims process promises to be executed within a short amount of time, without stress or hassle.
Allianz Australia is committed to travel insurance that works for its customers, making it a trustworthy provider and excellent travelling partner.Back to top