Travel insurance for singles, couples and families, perfect for your next overseas adventure
Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance understands that travel can be fraught with risks and looks to give you confidence on your overseas travels by covering you for most unknowns. Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance is backed by AIG and protects you and your family against mishaps such as travel delays, flight cancellations, overseas medical emergencies and loss of luggage. With Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance, you will be able to travel within Australia and abroad knowing that you won’t be caught off-guard by unexpected events.
Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance offers different products tailored to the needs of different individuals. There is travel insurance for seniors, Australian domestic travel insurance, cover for frequent international travellers and Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance. Wherever you plan to go or whatever your specific travel needs are, Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance will have just the cover you need to offer you protection against a wide range of situations you may encounter on your travels.
What would you like to know about Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance?
Who underwrites Good2Go Travel Insurance?
Good2Go Travel Insurance insurance products and services are provided by AIG Australia Limited, trading in Australia as AIG. The Policy is issued and underwritten by AIG and is governed by the laws in the State or Territory in which it is issued. AIG issues/insures this product on the basis of an Australian Financial Services Licence (‘AFSL’) granted to AIF by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
How does Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance work?
Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance will provide you with the protection you need against travel-related mishaps. The product is structured to enable you to tailor the policy to fit your travel region, activities and other travel needs.
You are eligible for this Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance product if you are 59 years old or younger at your time of departure, and you also have to be a permanent Australian resident to be eligible. The policy includes cover for most overseas travel essentials and is a great way to protect yourself while travelling to overseas destinations. So if you are itching to hit the road and explore different international destinations, you should consider taking up Essentials Travel Insurance from AIG first.
With Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance , you are covered for most common incidents that could arise during your overseas trip, including travel delays, loss or theft of your luggage and personal effects, cancellation fees should your journey not kick off due to factors beyond your control and missed flight connections. Should you require emergency medical care, your insurance cover will also cater for your ambulance fees, hospitalisation expenses, medical or dental costs and offer you 24 hour emergency medical assistance provided by Travel guard.
Should you decide that you are having more fun than expected on your trip and are in no mood to return to Australia as planned, you can get a policy extension before your policy expires. Extensions are allowed up to 12 months since your departure date. For adventure lovers, the Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance policy is a perfect fit, as it covers most armature sporting and adventure activities for no extra cost. Activities such as bungee jumping, para-sailing, water skiing, water rafting, cycling and hot air ballooning are all covered.Back to top
Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance covers you for a range unforeseen events. The cover is designed to cater for most unknowns on your overseas travel so you can explore the globe with confidence and not have to constantly worry about being stranded or incurring additional expenses should something happen. Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance provides single or family cover suitable for a wide range of situations.
- Luggage. Should your luggage get lost, damaged or stolen while on your overseas trip, Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance cover will cater for the reimbursement of all you have lost. You will however need to provide proof of ownership for your claim to be processed.
- Cancellation. You will also be protected against any cancellations or delays to your pre-paid travel arrangements that occur due to circumstances beyond your control. Events that may disrupt your travels may include bad weather, accidents, strikes or natural disasters. Should anything disrupt your international flight, your Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance will cover all cancellation fees and reimburse you for any additional expenses you incurred due to the disruption.
- Medical. Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance also offers medical and dental cover that caters for all your medical expenses should you get injured or fall sick while on your travels overseas, and it even provides for a relative to travel and stay with you until you recover.
- Repatriation. Should you be required to cut your trip short due to serious injury, your medical cover will cater for all your repatriation expenses. You will be able to get the best medical care thanks to the AIG's Travel Guard, which gives you access to a worldwide team of doctors and medical experts ready to offer emergency services while you are overseas.
- Personal liability. You are also covered for all legal expenses that may arise due to personal liability when you cause injury or death to someone or should you cause damage to property.
- Winter sports. If you are going skiing or engaging in any winter sport on your travels, you could opt to get optional winter sport cover that will cover you for illness or injury, damage or loss of winter sport equipment and any cancellation fees.
Who can benefit from Good2Go Essentials?
The Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance product caters for the travel needs of Australian residents aged below 60, offering protection for most situations they may encounter while travelling overseas. There are different levels of cover tailored for the individual needs of different travellers. Single cover provides cover for one adult plus any financially dependent children who are travelling with them and who are named on the Certificate of Insurance. Duo cover provides insurance cover for two adults who are travelling together and who are named on the Certificate of insurance.
Family cover is suited for any two adults travelling together with their children or grandchildren, as it covers spouses and their children aged below 25 and can also cover travelling companions.Back to top
How do I claim with Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance?
Every Australian travelling overseas hopes that their trip will be a memorable one for all the right reasons, but things sometimes go wrong, requiring you to make a claim. Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance makes it easy for you to recover from any loss you incur by processing your claim quickly. It is always advisable for you to inform your insurer immediately something goes wrong. With Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance, you will be required to register your claim with AIG Insurance within 30 days of you coming back to Australia.
If you are making a claim for damaged personal effects, baggage or sporting equipment, you will have to produce proof of ownership with your claim application. Invoices, receipts and vouchers help to prove that you own the lost items, so it is always good to keep them safe because you might need to produce them. Your Certificate of Insurance is also essential to your claim, and must be provided to the insurer. Be sure to cooperate with the insurer and provide any information they may need so that your claim is processed fast. You also have an option to make your claim online by visiting the Good2Go website.Back to top
Want to know more?
Q. Will I get refunded if I cancel my policy?
- A. Yes. You can get refunded provided you cancel the policy before travelling and within the 14 day cooling off period allowed. You must also have not made any claim nor intend to make any claim under your policy.
Yes. You can get refunded provided you cancel the policy before travelling and within the 14 day cooling off period allowed. You must also have not made any claim nor intend to make any claim under your policy.
Q. Who can purchase this travel insurance?
- A. Permanent Australian residents under the age of 60 who are travelling overseas or within Australia are eligible for Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance as long as they intend to return home to Australia upon the completion of their trip. Children under 25 years of age who are accompanying you on your trip are automatically covered under your policy as long as they are financially dependent on.
Permanent Australian residents under the age of 60 who are travelling overseas or within Australia are eligible for Good2Go Essentials Travel Insurance as long as they intend to return home to Australia upon the completion of their trip. Children under 25 years of age who are accompanying you on your trip are automatically covered under your policy as long as they are financially dependent on.
Q. Are adventure activities covered?
- A. Yes. Most adventure and amateur sporting activities are covered under this product at no extra cost. Some activities are however not covered automatically, and you will need to add an extra premium for them to be included in your cover. Activities that are covered include bungee jumping, water skiing, white water rafting, trekking, cycling and hot air ballooning.
Yes. Most adventure and amateur sporting activities are covered under this product at no extra cost. Some activities are however not covered automatically, and you will need to add an extra premium for them to be included in your cover. Activities that are covered include bungee jumping, water skiing, white water rafting, trekking, cycling and hot air ballooning.
Q. Who is Travel Guard and what do they do?
- A. Travel Guard is a worldwide team of medical professionals including doctors and other medical experts who offer emergency medical services to customers who have purchased AIG insurance. If you happen to fall sick or get injured while outside Australia, Travel Guard will be available to offer you medical treatment, monitor your progress and inform the relevant people about your treatment and progress. Travel Guard can also assist with credit card replacement, lost luggage, emergency evacuation and repatriations and doctor and hospital referrals while you are on your travels outside Australia.