If competitive travel insurance is what you’re looking for, you may want to consider Columbus Direct.
Columbus Direct is a leading provider of budget travel insurance across Australia, Europe and New Zealand. For over 20 years, Columbus Direct has offered travel insurance to a range of customers.
Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for medical and other expenses, cancellation and curtailment, personal baggage, personal money and documents, delayed baggage, missed departure, travel delay, personal liability, legal expenses and much more.
Columbus Direct Deals for October 2016
How do I get my Columbus Direct quote?
- Browse through the promo codes above and click on the one that you’d like to use. This will automatically embed the discount and safely redirect you to the Columbus Direct website. Getting a quote is easy. Simply follow these steps;
- Click on the ‘Get Quote’ icon on the Columbus Direct homepage and you will be directed to the first step. Please note that you cannot be given a policy if you have already commenced your trip or if you have already left Australia.
- Enter your quote details. Choose the policy type (single or multiple trip), destination and the trip dates. Under traveller details, you can select individual, couple, family or group, as well as the age bracket of each of the insured. Then click on ‘Show Price’.
- Take time to review the policy and compare the areas covered. Choose the policy that will give you the most benefits and then click on ‘Next Step’.
- Columbus Direct securely collects your personal information. Carefully read the policy for your guidance. Answer the important questions and click on ‘Next Step’.
- Carefully review the details of your travel insurance quote before you enter your credit card details. Click on ‘Buy Now’ and you’re done.
Pros and cons of Columbus Direct
- Competitive travel insurance. Columbus Direct sells ‘direct’ insurance rather than selling through a travel agent. Since there are no added commissions, you get your travel insurance at a lower cost.
- Customer care available. Providing the best customer service means caring for you at any time of the day, wherever you are in the world. Columbus Direct gives you access to a 24-hour worldwide medical assistance helpline.
- Personal information protection and checkout security. Columbus Direct respects your privacy and provides the highest degree of security upon checkout. When you enter your credit card details, data is encrypted and protected.
- No loyalty club. Columbus Direct does not have a loyalty club to reward repeat customers.
Shipping guide for Columbus Direct
Once you have completed your travel insurance application and paid the appropriate amount, Columbus Direct will issue a Certificate of Insurance which will be sent to the email address you have provided. Never forget to download, print and take the certificate with you on your travels. Take note of the 24-hour emergency hotline contact details and your policy number.
Refunds, exchanges and returns with Columbus Direct
Columbus Direct allows you to cancel your travel insurance policy within 19 days from the date of issuance of the policy if you are not satisfied with the insurance for whatever reason. A full refund shall be given to you provided that no claims have been made, you have not commenced your trip and you return the policy documents to Columbus Direct along with a written confirmation of cancellation. Should the 19-day period lapse, you are no longer eligible to cancel the policy.
About Columbus Direct and its history
In 1988, Columbus Direct was among the first companies to sell travel insurance direct to UK residents. It reached Australia in 2001 and opened its offices in Sydney. Its services later expanded and covered New Zealand residents.
Columbus Direct travel insurance policies are underwritten by Lloyd’s, the world’s leading specialist insurance and reinsurance market. To date, Columbus Direct continues to provide quality and low-cost travel insurance across Australia, making it a trusted brand for over 20 years.