Columbus Direct promo offers and voucher codes
If competitive travel insurance is what you’re looking for, you may want to consider Columbus Direct.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for medical and other expenses, cancellation and curtailment, personal baggage, personal money and documents, delayed baggage, missed departure, travel delay, personal liability, legal expenses and much more.
Columbus Direct promo code for October 2020
Compare Columbus Direct Travel Insurance Products
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
. Simply follow these steps;
- Click on the "Get Quote" icon on the Columbus Direct homepage and you will be directed to the first step. Please note that you cannot be given a policy if you have already commenced your trip or if you have already left Australia.
Enter your quote details. Choose the policy type (single or multiple trip), your destination and the trip dates. Enter the current age of all travellers (including children). Then click on "Show Price".
- Take time to review the policy and compare the areas covered. Choose the policy that will give you the most benefits and then click on "Next Step".
- Columbus Direct securely collects your personal information. Carefully read the policy for your guidance. Answer the important questions and click on "Next Step".
- Carefully review the details of your travel insurance quote before you enter your credit card details. Click on "Buy Now" and you’re done.
Pros and cons of Columbus Direct
- Competitive travel insurance. Columbus Direct sells "direct" insurance rather than selling through a travel agent. Since there are no added commissions, you get your travel insurance at a lower cost.
- Customer care available. Providing the best customer service means caring for you at any time of the day, wherever you are in the world. Columbus Direct gives you access to a 24-hour worldwide medical assistance helpline.
- Personal information protection and checkout security. Columbus Direct respects your privacy and provides the highest degree of security upon checkout. When you enter your credit card details, data is encrypted and protected.
- No loyalty club. Columbus Direct does not have a loyalty club to reward repeat customers.
Shipping guide for Columbus Direct
Once you have completed your travel insurance application and paid the appropriate amount, Columbus Direct will issue a Certificate of Insurance which will be sent to the email address you have provided. Never forget to download, print and take the certificate with you on your travels. Take note of the 24-hour emergency hotline contact details and your policy number.
Refunds, exchanges and returns with Columbus Direct
Columbus Direct allows you to cancel your travel insurance policy within 19 days from the date of issuance of the policy if you are not satisfied with the insurance for whatever reason. A full refund shall be given to you provided that no claims have been made, you have not commenced your trip and you return the policy documents to Columbus Direct along with a written confirmation of cancellation. Should the 19-day period lapse, you are no longer eligible to cancel the policy.
About Columbus Direct and its history
In 1988, Columbus Direct was among the first companies to sell travel insurance direct to UK residents. It reached Australia in 2001 and opened its offices in Sydney. Its services later expanded and covered New Zealand residents.
Columbus Direct travel insurance policies are underwritten by Lloyd’s, the world’s leading specialist insurance and reinsurance market. To date, Columbus Direct continues to provide quality and low-cost travel insurance across Australia, making it a trusted brand for over 20 years.
More guides on Finder
Best travel backpacks in Australia
If you’re looking for the perfect travel backpack, we help you find the best luggage for your next trip.
Free Website Terms and Conditions templates (Australia)
Make sure you’re covered legally with a Website Terms and Conditions template.
Air Conditioner Installation
Here's everything to consider if you're looking for an air conditioner installation service.
As Australia reopens, don’t forget travel insurance
Travel insurance isn't just for overseas trips.
$1 million life insurance policies
Looking for $1 million life insurance? Compare policies here.
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
How useful is a home insurance calculator?
A home insurance calculator can give you a rough estimate on the value of your home and contents. But is that what you really want? Find out how to not underinsure or overinsure your home.
WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?
Get ready to set your clocks because you won't want to miss this.
Tigerair officially axed: What this means for you
Farewell cheap flights – but Virgin Australia travel credits are on their way.
Ask an Expert