Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the pandemic. Some information may not be accurate at this time. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please note:
- Some policies may not be available through Finder at this time
- It’s unlikely that your policy will cover expenses from border closures
Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for medical and other expenses, cancellation and curtailment, personal baggage, personal money and documents, delayed baggage, missed departure, travel delay, personal liability, legal expenses and much more.
Columbus Direct promo code for October 2021
Compare Columbus Direct Travel Insurance Products
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
. Simply follow these steps;
- Click on the "Get Quote" icon on the Columbus Direct homepage and you will be directed to the first step. Please note that you cannot be given a policy if you have already commenced your trip or if you have already left Australia.
Enter your quote details. Choose the policy type (single or multiple trip), your destination and the trip dates. Enter the current age of all travellers (including children). Then click on "Show Price".
- Take time to review the policy and compare the areas covered. Choose the policy that will give you the most benefits and then click on "Next Step".
- Columbus Direct securely collects your personal information. Carefully read the policy for your guidance. Answer the important questions and click on "Next Step".
- Carefully review the details of your travel insurance quote before you enter your credit card details. Click on "Buy Now" and you’re done.
Pros and cons of Columbus Direct
- Competitive travel insurance. Columbus Direct sells "direct" insurance rather than selling through a travel agent. Since there are no added commissions, you get your travel insurance at a lower cost.
- Customer care available. Providing the best customer service means caring for you at any time of the day, wherever you are in the world. Columbus Direct gives you access to a 24-hour worldwide medical assistance helpline.
- Personal information protection and checkout security. Columbus Direct respects your privacy and provides the highest degree of security upon checkout. When you enter your credit card details, data is encrypted and protected.
- No loyalty club. Columbus Direct does not have a loyalty club to reward repeat customers.
Shipping guide for Columbus Direct
Once you have completed your travel insurance application and paid the appropriate amount, Columbus Direct will issue a Certificate of Insurance which will be sent to the email address you have provided. Never forget to download, print and take the certificate with you on your travels. Take note of the 24-hour emergency hotline contact details and your policy number.
Refunds, exchanges and returns with Columbus Direct
Columbus Direct allows you to cancel your travel insurance policy within 19 days from the date of issuance of the policy if you are not satisfied with the insurance for whatever reason. A full refund shall be given to you provided that no claims have been made, you have not commenced your trip and you return the policy documents to Columbus Direct along with a written confirmation of cancellation. Should the 19-day period lapse, you are no longer eligible to cancel the policy.
About Columbus Direct and its history
In 1988, Columbus Direct was among the first companies to sell travel insurance direct to UK residents. It reached Australia in 2001 and opened its offices in Sydney. Its services later expanded and covered New Zealand residents.
Columbus Direct travel insurance policies are underwritten by Lloyd’s, the world’s leading specialist insurance and reinsurance market. To date, Columbus Direct continues to provide quality and low-cost travel insurance across Australia, making it a trusted brand for over 20 years.
More guides on Finder
New international travel rules: Quarantine, visas, airlines and more [UPDATED]
When do flights resume? What are the quarantine rules? Can I get travel insurance? Expert answers to all your questions.
10 TV shows like You available to stream right now
You know you want to read this.
Oodie discount code October 2021 | Up to 50% off: Black Friday Sale
Save up to 50% off and cut costs on a fabulous wearable blanket online at The Oodie today.
ASOS discount codes 2021 | Up to 80% off: Final Clearance
Here you can find active ASOS codes of up to 80% off that can be used for discounts on your total order or for discounted shipping rates.
Foxtel Flash: News streaming app explained
Foxtel is set to release Flash in Q4 2021, a standalone app for multiple news services.
Coronavirus: Will income protection cover me?
Learn how income protection can help – whether you’ve already got coverage or you’re thinking about buying it.
$39 Jetstar sale, score cheap flights to the Gold Coast
Forget adventure in New Zealand or relaxing on the white sands of Bora Bora, the Gold Coast has everything you could want and more.
Australian sale events in 2021
Plan your shopping sprees ahead of time with our run-down of the biggest Australian online shopping events of 2021 and beyond.
Black Friday 2021: Toy sales you can shop right now
Finalise your Christmas shopping with these Black Friday 2021 early bird toy deals - save up to 60% off Barbie, Lego, board games and more.
Travel insurance for seniors over 80
Travel insurance is an essential expense for anyone planning a trip overseas, though sometimes it can be difficult to find cover if you are over 80 years of age.
Ask an Expert