Columbus Direct promo offers and voucher codes
If competitive travel insurance is what you’re looking for, you may want to consider Columbus Direct.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for medical and other expenses, cancellation and curtailment, personal baggage, personal money and documents, delayed baggage, missed departure, travel delay, personal liability, legal expenses and much more.
Columbus Direct promo code for April 2021
Compare Columbus Direct Travel Insurance Products
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
. Simply follow these steps;
- Click on the "Get Quote" icon on the Columbus Direct homepage and you will be directed to the first step. Please note that you cannot be given a policy if you have already commenced your trip or if you have already left Australia.
Enter your quote details. Choose the policy type (single or multiple trip), your destination and the trip dates. Enter the current age of all travellers (including children). Then click on "Show Price".
- Take time to review the policy and compare the areas covered. Choose the policy that will give you the most benefits and then click on "Next Step".
- Columbus Direct securely collects your personal information. Carefully read the policy for your guidance. Answer the important questions and click on "Next Step".
- Carefully review the details of your travel insurance quote before you enter your credit card details. Click on "Buy Now" and you’re done.
Pros and cons of Columbus Direct
- Competitive travel insurance. Columbus Direct sells "direct" insurance rather than selling through a travel agent. Since there are no added commissions, you get your travel insurance at a lower cost.
- Customer care available. Providing the best customer service means caring for you at any time of the day, wherever you are in the world. Columbus Direct gives you access to a 24-hour worldwide medical assistance helpline.
- Personal information protection and checkout security. Columbus Direct respects your privacy and provides the highest degree of security upon checkout. When you enter your credit card details, data is encrypted and protected.
- No loyalty club. Columbus Direct does not have a loyalty club to reward repeat customers.
Shipping guide for Columbus Direct
Once you have completed your travel insurance application and paid the appropriate amount, Columbus Direct will issue a Certificate of Insurance which will be sent to the email address you have provided. Never forget to download, print and take the certificate with you on your travels. Take note of the 24-hour emergency hotline contact details and your policy number.
Refunds, exchanges and returns with Columbus Direct
Columbus Direct allows you to cancel your travel insurance policy within 19 days from the date of issuance of the policy if you are not satisfied with the insurance for whatever reason. A full refund shall be given to you provided that no claims have been made, you have not commenced your trip and you return the policy documents to Columbus Direct along with a written confirmation of cancellation. Should the 19-day period lapse, you are no longer eligible to cancel the policy.
About Columbus Direct and its history
In 1988, Columbus Direct was among the first companies to sell travel insurance direct to UK residents. It reached Australia in 2001 and opened its offices in Sydney. Its services later expanded and covered New Zealand residents.
Columbus Direct travel insurance policies are underwritten by Lloyd’s, the world’s leading specialist insurance and reinsurance market. To date, Columbus Direct continues to provide quality and low-cost travel insurance across Australia, making it a trusted brand for over 20 years.
More guides on Finder
Novo discount codes and coupons April 2021
Enjoy the latest in gorgeous women’s shoes when you shop at Novo. They have everything a girl could want.
Besame Cosmetics discount codes and coupons April 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on fabulous beauty bag wants online at Besame Cosmetics today.
Chefgood discount codes and coupons April 2021
Quality. Variety. Freshness. Get gourmet meals delivered directly to your door with Chefgood.
Fitness First promo codes and coupons April 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on a Fitness First gym membership today.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Review: TransferMate international money transfers
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card offers 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and platinum perks including complimentary insurances.
Oak Road Estate coupon codes April 2021
Next time you want to restock your wine fridge, make Oak Road Estate your go-to and score a discount with one of these coupon codes.
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Ask an Expert